the internet lyrics database
en
Back to old website
Follow 0
Add topic
Search
jin_kazama
jin_kazama | 21:41
So... am I the only ones who think these guys are rock gods, or are there others?
12 comments
Freek_a_Leek
Freek_a_Leek | 21:45
i love them!!
jin_kazama
jin_kazama | 21:48
What's your favourite song by U2?.. mine is "Walk On" on the 2001 album "All That You Can't Leave Behind".
Freek_a_Leek
Freek_a_Leek | 21:51
I like "All That You Can't Leave Behind" and "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb"
jin_kazama
jin_kazama | 21:53
What's your favourite song?
Freek_a_Leek
Freek_a_Leek | 21:56
Beatiful Day, Stuck in a Moment, Vertigo, and One Step Closer
jin_kazama
jin_kazama | 21:57
I'm annoyed... Santa didn't drop by with my U2 album... I really wanted that!
tom_harris4
tom_harris4 | 21:57
U2 are good...but nothing they have done since 'The Joshua Tree' has matched that great album...they should have quit whilst they were ahead...
frankiebaby524
vertigo is on mtv ryt now. it sucks. it got on my nerves. and the video is so0o stupid!
_ANARCHY_
_ANARCHY_ | 16:07
Beautiful Day, in my opinion, is the best song ever made. Whe you listen to it, you just get such a feeling of happiness.
I think With or Without You is the greatest song in terms of emotional value. U2 are amazing.
Aerosmith_rulez
Beautiful day is greeeat!
CumOnEverybody
Bono is so full of himself, that's why i don't like them. it makes me lose respect for them. same goes towards every day people if you're full of yourself and conceited. they're also overplayed when they have a new song
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 08:23
Can't say I hate them since those 4 guys are part of this first-class band in the "Irish rock" current. I grew up during the nineties so this Irish rock band was like forced recommendation ("you too", ha-ha), so I watched their music videos/live performances without giving a plus or minus every time, I thought they looked and sounded nice - yes, that induced dreaming in front of the telly. But I admit liking U2, less than The Police/Sting but more than INXS, all 3 of those eighties/nineties rock bands, that's what I listened to on the radio during my youth, while going to high school in the morning.

Strangely I don't have any of their CDs/LPs, I currently don't have a favourite song yet, but since last October, 7 months ago, it feels different - now that I'm a thirtysomething : I saw their singer-lyricist Bono Vox being interviewed on TV, as ambassador against AIDS of course, but I didn't pay attention to what he was saying, filling my mind with memories because I was completely nostalgic and downbeat - good memories, most of all. From now on, when the radio plays a U2 song, I dance/close my eyes/turn the volume up, paying more attention to his vocals and lyrics and getting mesmerized easily. Extraordinary singer who deserves his nickname and his surprising voice, extraordinary lyricist (or may I say poet) too, even full of swag depending of the decades (early nineties, mid-2000s). And it's not because Bono wears blue-tinted glasses that he's got swag, you know.

My choice of songs for Bono's 60th birthday has been...
Staring At The Sun (it's easy to sing)
With Or Without You
Ground Beneath Her Feet (spring break)
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (Valentine's Day)
Ordinary Love (on the radio while I was struck with laryngitis!)
and their cover of Instant Karma.

Rock on, boys. U2 is simply an iconic band that was part of my youth. R-e-s-p-e-c-t, I fill my glass with raspberry/cranberry syrup and raise a toast 2U.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: