parisianbaby46
parisianbaby46 | 09-12-2004 01:28
ooh please post!

i have one too..

the whole song a lonely september by plain white t's
xx_saosin
xx_saosin | 09-12-2004 23:07
"Who cares if they aren't "emo" by your standards? "

ACTUALLY, its not my standards. if you KNEW what emo WAS, then no, it wouldn't be emo. emo isn't mtv pop-rock bullshit. thats a COMPLETELY different genre of music. so whatever, taking back sunday ISN'T emo. its not MY fucking standards, its THE standars. i HATE people who are like "OMFG!!!! TBS IS LYKE SOOOO EMO! N BRAND NEW! I LUUUV THEM IT MAKES ME CRY OMG."

uh, no.
bRAndNewEv18
bRAndNewEv18 | 09-12-2004 23:18
well.. what do u consider real emo?
xx_saosin
xx_saosin | 09-12-2004 23:22
its actually pretty hard to list it all. just post what you like and i'll tell you. but i'll tell you right now, brand new is not emo. sorry, they're good. not saying they're bad, but they're not emo.

so anyways, just post a bunch of bands and i'll try to tell you
bRAndNewEv18
bRAndNewEv18 | 09-12-2004 23:27
* offtopic :
i never said they were. i just wanted to know what you considered emo
lexusNYC
lexusNYC | 09-12-2004 23:37
"desperate desires and unadmirable plans my tongue will taste of gin and malicious intent bring you back to the bar get you out of the cold..." Me vs. Maradona vs. Elvis by Brand New. I didn't see that one posted. So many of the songs that are posted are AWESOME and in case you didn't notice that the Title is "emo songs/meaningful lyrics" so that doesn't necessarly mean that all the songs people are putting on here are ment by them to be catergorized as EMO.

Lexi
xx_saosin
xx_saosin | 09-12-2004 23:51
i understood the title as meaning emo songs with meaningful lyrics. if you're not going to post an emo song, then it would say "not emo" or something of the sort in the beginning.
taytay03
taytay03 | 10-12-2004 21:36
who the hell cares xx saosin...people like you piss me off my god. its a post and people can post whatever they want...its not the end of the fricken world....my god
bRAndNewEv18
bRAndNewEv18 | 10-12-2004 21:37
wow.. i completely agree, taytay
taytay03
taytay03 | 10-12-2004 21:39
i thought people would....
fatexfellxshort
fatexfellxshort | 11-12-2004 03:57
ya, you do need to chill out... okay, so where are these so called "standards" you speak of.. i don't think any genre has specific "this is the way it is, and these, these and these aren't included"... everyone has a different view on what is "emo" and what isn't.. so chill out...
slapmesmartass
slapmesmartass | 11-12-2004 18:28
anyways...back to the ::AHEM:: topic at hand...

Plain White T's

"By now you should know everything you say
can and will be used against you someday
I've got the microphone so don't go too far
Cause Im gonna tell the whole world how you really are. "

"I could die just staring in your eyes
I just wanna feel your heartbeat"

"You say I'm going nowhere
and that's what makes me keep dreamin
You wish I would just shut up
and that's what makes me keep screamin"

fatexfellxshort
fatexfellxshort | 12-12-2004 01:50
"I wanted you for nothing more than hating you for what you were."-Taking Back Sunday
OceanView
OceanView | 12-12-2004 07:03
"The way that you look at me, makes me feel like the person i don't want to be" - oceanview

"What is heaven? Heaven is when im with you" - Ryan Hammer

www.purevolume.com/oceanview
myformerself
myformerself | 12-12-2004 07:36
"I dont want you to love me anymore" The Early November

"what was it that made you think that i could just sit and take this, what was it that made you think this is understanding" Count The Stars

"Everytime i step over the edge your never there to break my fall, when i fall asleep will you sing to me or stab me in the front" Varsity Heroes

"You ripped my heart out, You tore my eyes out,
Now you're gonna pay,I'll stab you one time
I'll eat your heart out So you feel my pain" Senses Fail

"You and me You know that we, we're always funny in that Car Crash sort of way" Boys Night Out

"If I could only see you now For about an hour
Maybe just a minute Just to ask What he's got that I don't have? Is it his brown eyes?" Saves The Day

I could go on forever.....

xx_saosin
xx_saosin | 12-12-2004 16:02
"blah blah blah i watch mtv blah blah"

EMO is not corporate mtv bullshit. its not MY standard, its just not emo. what you think is 'emo' is really pop-rock. its not my opinion, its a fact.

go to [url=]www.purevolume.com/forums[/url] and see what they think.
betharoo3
betharoo3 | 12-12-2004 18:20
hey. xx calm down. I understand what you're saying so don't start being a bitch to me. But you must understand, everyone has a different definition of emo. I believe TBS to be a mixture of emo and other types. EMO comes from the word EMOTIONAL! All of these bands have emotional lyrics whether they are pop-punk, as you say, or not. So don't make such a big deal about it. It's not the end of the world that we call a band emo! They won't come hunt us down and kill us. Bands like it when people buy their music. THat's what matters. That people like their music and are able to get somethign out of it! OKAY!! So just calm down.
If you feel that was mean in any way, sorry. I just get really angry when people get so mad about stuff like this. It's not as big of a deal as you are making it.
xx_saosin
xx_saosin | 12-12-2004 21:51
wow.

so much YOU know.

EMO actually means 'EMOTIONAL HARDCORE' not just 'emotional'. if emo meant 'emotional', then EVERYTHING would be emo, because without emotions you can't have lyrics.

thats not even 1/4 of the definition of emo. if you REALLY want to know what REAL EMO is, then click here.

[url=]http://www.purevolume.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30733[/url]
xx_saosin
xx_saosin | 12-12-2004 22:00
JUST KIDDING

[url=]http://www.sharemation.com/xxsaosin/What%20is%20emo.doc?uniq=nv3l4w[/url]

click there instead. thats the definition of emo. not 'emotional' and taking back sunday does not have 'a little emo' in it.
Bex4Benj
Bex4Benj | 12-12-2004 22:04
Jimmy Eat World -

"Keep my heart where the drugs dont go, where the sunshines low, always keep me close"

"If only you could see, the stranger next to me, you promise you promise that you're done, but I can't tell you from the drugs..."
xx_saosin
xx_saosin | 12-12-2004 22:05
ill try it one last time, if it doesn't work then just IM me or something

http://www.sharemation.com/xxsaosin/What%20is%20emo.doc?uniq=nv3m4i
xx_saosin
xx_saosin | 12-12-2004 22:05
[url=]http://www.sharemation.com/xxsaosin/What%20is%20emo.doc?uniq=nv3m4i[/url]
xx_saosin
xx_saosin | 12-12-2004 22:08
really sorry for spamming the boards, but just ignore the post right above this. the one BEFORE the one above..the one WITHOUT the uderlined URL is the right one. copy and paste the regular text into the web address and hit enter, then click OPEN for a full definition.
fatexfellxshort
fatexfellxshort | 13-12-2004 02:43
okay, if you're gonna be all technical about everything.. then so will i... mostly everthing on purevolume would be considered indie.. not emo.. indie... fuck, my bands on there.. and we're basically a garage band, not signed.. therefore independant, indie... and if you wanna be all pissy about how what we're putting is not indie.. than you post something.. instead of having us ask you what's emo, put some of your fave emo bands...
slapmesmartass
slapmesmartass | 13-12-2004 02:46
holy crap dude just give it a rest
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: