LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en
Follow 0
Add topic
Search
Artificial
Artificial | 13-09-2004 20:58
Dear LetsSingIt Staff,

I know this probably isn't the proper place to post this, but I think someone needs to speak out.

Once, a while ago, I went to this website without any antivirus and firewall protection, and three lines into my lyrics, I found 26 brand new icons on my desktop.

I perfectly understand that advertisements need to be there, to sustain your business, but having self-installing advertisements and download popups appearing requesting you to agree to download a file called "... is just unexceptible.

It's purely disgusting and unsafe. Today I logged on again to this website to check something out, and once again I'm in a situation where I have no protection, and guess what, my computer froze and eventually restarted itself.

There is no disclaimer on your website, meaning you are most likely held responsible if illigal manners are used to put my computer at risk.

I'm sure that if you reduced your advertisements in half, as well as removing downloads requesting you to download unkown and bogus software, you'd still be well off, and your traffic would double.

I'll be back in a month to see if anything has changed here. If not, I'll start using my new lyrics page more frequently.

Yours truly,

Artificial.
----------

(Are you another member? Do you think I'm wrong? Please tell me: Eugo555@hotmail.com)
14 comments
C4L
C4L | 13-09-2004 21:00
ok then...very formal
Artificial
Artificial | 13-09-2004 21:04
P.S.

After finishing my previous letter, and restarting internet explorer, I found 4 new search toolbars on my explorer, and a nice little program called ezula, which I had to go to safe mode to delete.

... disgusting.

-Artificial
buttercup89
buttercup89 | 13-09-2004 21:06
I've never had this problem with lsi. But then again, I have a pop-up blocker. Maybe you should try one.

MSN Toolbar
Artificial
Artificial | 13-09-2004 21:11
I shouldn't have to.

It's illigal to put programs onto my computer without direct permission from myself.

I also do not need an extra toolbar, I already have four to deal with.

Okay, I'm off.

-Artificial
C4L
C4L | 13-09-2004 21:12
ok she was only trying to help...

most people here have a pop up blocker, you shoould get one, and uh no ones had problems as big as yours before...
NightHobbit
NightHobbit | 13-09-2004 21:13
Letssingit is fine, and with many web pages it ahs ad's now a pop up blocker is always nesasry when surfing the web, maybe you should try one.
Artificial
Artificial | 13-09-2004 21:15
I've never had this kind of problem with any other website, never this serious, ever.

-Artificial
Egginator
Egginator | 13-09-2004 21:22
Relax guys, he's just letting us know. And I recall Ray saying something about spyware before, and how it's not supposed to be on the site. Popups are just nuisances, but spyware is awful.
Htd1
Htd1 | 13-09-2004 21:23
you, my friend, need to relax
Artificial
Artificial | 14-09-2004 20:06
Please don't ask me to relax.

This is serious, and I'm serious. I can't be on this website for more than five minutes and not have my computer filled with adware, spyware, and toolbars. And I can truthfully say, I didn't click "yes" on any of the download requests... I don't even know why they're there, it downloads itself anyways.

-Artificial
C4L
C4L | 14-09-2004 20:08
get a pop up blocker! i told you already..if you don't want to listen then uh..that's your own fault..
the_Apocalypse
the_Apocalypse | 14-09-2004 20:10
There is no disclaimer on your website, meaning you are most likely held responsible if illigal manners are used to put my computer at risk.

Then what is this?
buttercup89
buttercup89 | 14-09-2004 20:27
It looks like a disclaimer to me.

But what do I know, I'm only 15.
NightHobbit
NightHobbit | 14-09-2004 21:49
If the guy can't be asked to get the pop-up blocker then he can't be asked to click a link:

Lyrics

All song lyrics on LetsSingIt.com are property and copyright of their original owners and are here for educational or personal use only. Please consider buying the album so the artist will benefit from the works they create!

Liability

It is LetsSingIt.com's policy to respond quickly to claims of intellectual property violation. Upon receiving notification in accordance with any related copyright organization or owner, LetsSingIt.com will immediately disable and remove lyrics in question. To report illegal content please mail us.

Forum

The forum on LetsSingIt.com has been created so individuals with an interest in music issues can connect and communicate with one another. We monitor the contents of this forum, messages can be removed or changed. Comments are the opinions of the users who post them. They in no way represent the opinion of LetsSingIt.com.

External links

This site contains links to other sites. LetsSingIt.com is not affiliated with the authors of these websites and is not responsible for its content.

The site

LetsSingIt.com is a not-profit resource provided by at no charge to the user. LetsSingIt.com does not warrant that the materials made available will be correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable. LetsSingIt.com will not be held responsible for any damages, you or your business may suffer from using LetsSingIt.com.

Membership

Membership at LetsSingIt.com is granted at the sole discretion of the Webmaster. Membership may be revoked by the Webmaster without notice at any time, for any reason. This revocation may be temporary or permanent.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: