LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Linkin Park Controversy

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
linkinpark_wc3
linkinpark_wc3 | 31-08-2004 04:27
Okay, whats the deal with so many people saying all linkin park music sounds exactly alike? im telling you right now i dont want anyone comming in here shooting their mouth off, saying linkin park sucks, because, well, no music can suck. id just like a logical explanation as to why people htink all linkin park is the same.... otherwise all you do when you say so is write stupid on your forehead. maybe because chester screams in most their songs and mike does his old-school hip-hop? maybe you cant stand one of the two? maybe you cant stand both? but honestly think, many people, including myself, are into that kinda thing. all youre gonna do by spreading thoughtless opinions around is start s***. its like a couple of 10-year olds trying to decide between bush and kerry
14 comments
mmmeee0
mmmeee0 | 31-08-2004 04:28
yeah

but whos the 'you' there always talking bout?
linkinpark_wc3
linkinpark_wc3 | 31-08-2004 04:31
astridsteele from page 4 on the 3 artists/bands you want banned topic is one. i dont have any other on-hand examples but all i get from anyone who doesnt like linkin park is that all their music is exactly the same. maybe someone who thinks so wants to stand up and defend their position?
mmmeee0
mmmeee0 | 31-08-2004 04:32
well, even if they were all the same, would it matter?

no, cause they give the weird people some music that they liek
linkinpark_wc3
linkinpark_wc3 | 31-08-2004 04:34
you people who listen to linkin park are weird? please say other wise for your own good. anyway i_rok_your_soks said its all the same in the same thread as astridsteele... theres 2
linkinpark_wc3
linkinpark_wc3 | 31-08-2004 04:50
maybe its just me, but i get really offended when people speak before they think... or speak without thinking at all for that matter
lonewolfatheist
lonewolfatheist | 31-08-2004 08:58
I notice a big difference between Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Cant explain it but its there.
My favorite part of Linkin Park is the vocals. I'd love to be able to sing like Chester
Amythest
Amythest | 31-08-2004 12:48
ok, well i am a fan of Linkin Park, but i think most of their stuff sounds the same, not only for the vocals, but also for the content, there is not one song that isn't about not trusting someone, or themselves, or about the pain they feel inside, etc, etc...it gets a little clichéd after a while...

i do appreciate the talent that the band has, but you have to put it into the context that there are bands out there with three people in them, (two in the case of The White Stripes) that can make a multitude of albums that sound completely seperate from each other..it's called experimentation, and while Linkin Park have done that, they seem to be stuck in a rut, and there's only so far they can take their music

i refuse to get into a fight over this, i understand you feel passionately about this, but for every band out there you worship, there will always be someone else who thinks they're crap.
hardings77
hardings77 | 31-08-2004 12:59
I agree with Amythest. I too am a hardcore Linkin Park fan, however the general morals to their songs are the same and I totally appreciate that. I can tell the difference between Hybrid Theory and Meteora, however it isn't in the lyrics. The sound in Meteora is a little more up beat, there's more energy to it and they seem to play around with it a little more, which makes it a better album, I think.
Everybody will have their opinion of what good music is and nobody will change their opinion so there is no reason to get offended by those different opinions. If people think Linkin Park sucks then, oh well, I guess they're missing out.
Cyd
Cyd | 31-08-2004 13:29
People aren't gonna have the same musical tastes as you...when I look though the Ashlee Simpson threads of people saying she's the best singer ever, yeah, I sort of wanna say something there. I'm not a big LP fan but if I comment on one of their songs I'll at least write something intelligent, not just "This sucks!"
linkinpark_wc3
linkinpark_wc3 | 31-08-2004 18:30
thanks cyd
UglyDuckling
UglyDuckling | 31-08-2004 22:22
I like Linkin Park, im really not into rock but this the only band that i LOVE of rock, i learned how to listen to LP because of my brother(we fans). CHESTERS singing makes him sick(poor guy) and other people sick but to rockers and LP fans they think it is good. I don't like it when people say Chester can't sing and that he only screams!! . Well let me tell you Linkin Park is the best!!!!
LBM
LBM | 02-09-2013 10:51
chester cant sing? do i need to remind everyone he was on the billboards top50 hardcore metal singers? LOL they just cant take chester bcoz he is one of the best vocalist of all times and some ppl cant just stand that :/ one fact to remember-chester can sing all songs of other artists if not better than at least equivalent to the original but tell me one artist who can sing better or equivalent linkin park songs....
Reed92
Reed92 | 18-10-2013 09:34
Are you serious? Their style has changed completely over the last years. They reduced the guitars and use more electronic sound and their lyrics have certanly changed from that individual "pain inside" thing to more global meanings. They are kinda conservative and have their own style they are faithful to, but they DO develop and change within this style.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 18-10-2013 14:06
Most of the comments in here were made nearly 10 years ago.. what they sound like now is irrelevant to these posts.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: