LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

we're best friends but i'm in love

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
asholey
asholey | 04-02-2003 03:19
what is a good sweet prefferably emo song that i could send him to let him know how i feel? we're BEST friends but i've been in love with him for a LOOOONG time. i don't want things to change but i need to tell him :-X
1 to 25 of 41 comments
page 1 of 2
Stanley
Stanley | 04-02-2003 03:21
hey... i could also use a song like this.. im in a similar situation.... just to let everyone know... if they help they will be helping 2 people at once!!!! that makes it even more important to help us... now!!!!! please...
asholey
asholey | 04-02-2003 03:23
yeah help US... haha stanley... are u like wishing u didn't like him/her cuz ur afraid it'll ruin the friendship? cuz i'm really scared of losing him as a friend...
Stanley
Stanley | 04-02-2003 03:26
ohh hell yes, thats my biggest fear! cuz i love what we have right now and i never wanna ruin that
lovesteveperry
lovesteveperry | 04-02-2003 03:28
The only one that I can think of right off hand is "Freinds and Lovers" from the 80's...forgive me the names escape me at the moment..I will try to remember them and post them...it's a duet.
Been there and done that guys..scary, exciting, and all of that rolled into one.
Good luck.
asholey
asholey | 04-02-2003 03:28
eeeeeeeeeek! same problem here. i'm so freaking scared of what will happen. it's like i DON"T want to tell him but i HAVE to
how are u gunna do it?
Stanley
Stanley | 04-02-2003 03:31
i dunno.... i think i'll just ease into it.. valentines day is coming up... prom isnt too far away either...

but its like shes the one girl i feel the most comfortable around and that i can tell her anything and everything and she does the same with me

i just dont know..
asholey
asholey | 04-02-2003 03:34
ho humm, this is how it goes... we're friends. DUH. but it seems like no matter where he is i wanna be right there with him. and i get jealous of his other girl/friends. :-X i hate that. but... i don't know... he's the one guy i can tell ANYTHING to. maybe it's supposed to be like that u know? how can i tell if he feels the same about me?
Stanley
Stanley | 04-02-2003 03:36
i know what you mean... we like joke about a lot of stuff and doing stuff together, and i just get mixed signals all the time... its weird..
asholey
asholey | 04-02-2003 03:40
YEAH! like... when i tell him stuff he's like. " i wish i had a girl like that" but then he'll be like, " yeah i think i'm gunna go out with lindsay" and then later when he calls me to tell me how it went he'll be like " yeah it would have been more fun if u were there" GAH i don't know if i'm " one of the guys" or if i'm "potential" u know? anyone PLEASE HELP.
built2liv
built2liv | 04-02-2003 03:41
I had a friend like that before I went away to college. I never told her how I felt, and nothing ever became of it. Don't let your true friends slip away. If you love this person, tell them how you feel. Just my advice.
asholey
asholey | 04-02-2003 03:43
thanks dude i'm just really afraid that if i tell him things will get wierd and then i'll lose the best relationship i've ever had.
asholey
asholey | 04-02-2003 03:44
well i'm going to call him then go to bed... leave me ur advise and i'll check 2morrow. thanks to all of u and good luck stanley
built2liv
built2liv | 04-02-2003 03:47
All I can say is: if you really love him/her, aren't you willing to take that risk?
Dekar
Dekar | 04-02-2003 03:58
I was in that situation once and told her, but she wanted nothing to do with it. Now we barely speak anymore.

Be careful. Many say that if you really feel it, you have to say it, but my own experiences have lead me to believe that as soon as there is interest on one side and it's revealed, it's difficult to stay the same with each other.

I have a strange habit of messing it up. Today was just another proof of that.

As for the topic at hand, there's are at least two or three songs I've known that applied, but they've all escaped me for the moment. I'll update if they ever come to me.
built2liv
built2liv | 04-02-2003 04:56
Dekar, you may have a point; but then again, I DIDN'T do anything about my situation, and look where it got me. I hardly speak to the girl also. It's all a matter of chance, and hopefully "the gods are in your favor" (had to use that line, sorry I love it).
XxX
XxX | 04-02-2003 15:21
Yeah, seriously, say something. Tell them. I was in this situation I think, twice. The first time, I like the guy and we hung out all the time and I really liked him. His friends always told me he liked me but I didn't do anything about it and he never did anything about it cause my mom didn't approve of him so he ended up getting a gf, getting engaged and moving away.
The second time, I just met this guy, we went to a dance together, we had so much fun and nothing happened cause, well, we just met. His best friends all told me to ask him out, but I have this major fear of rjection, so , me being the idiot that I am, let that chance go. A while later, I got a new bf, but still liked this guy and we were talking about it and he said that if I asked him out at the time, he would have said yes.
My point is, I let two good opportunities go, so dont make the same mistake I did. I still regret doing that.
XxX
XxX | 04-02-2003 15:23
Dekar- When you said "I have a strange habit of messing it up. Today was just another proof of that. " did that have something to do with our argument?!? I'm sorry!! I feel so bad!
asholey
asholey | 04-02-2003 22:52
ahhh!!! thanks all u that responded it helped a lot. i told him and he took it pretty well. he promised that things wouldn't change between us THANK GOD!!! but i know he doesn't feel like that about me. and now i'm starting to think that i DIDN"T feel that way about him. he's the best friend a girl could ask for and i love him. just not like that * i don't think * thanks again all u kids hope u stuff works out too! -ashley
Stanley
Stanley | 04-02-2003 22:56
damn, you must have a lot of guts, im too chicken shit... oh well... maybe next year...
asholey
asholey | 04-02-2003 23:02
nah i'm the biggest wimp ever. i just called him and was like there's something i need to tell u... and it kinda went wrong.. i think he thought there was something WRONG cuz i kept getting to "i've been in..." and then stopping and then starting all over. i did that like 50000 times, then i was like u have to promise that nothing will change. * i think he thought i was dying or pregnant or something* then he promised no matter what
and FINALLY i just told him. it worked out. he was like there's no way i'll lose u over that blah blah blah. things'll work out. i mean, thanks to telling him and him still being my friend it made me realize that that's all i want HIM for. he's just my best friend
built2liv
built2liv | 05-02-2003 00:29
That's relieving to hear Glad for ya!
XxX
XxX | 05-02-2003 00:35
I'm sorry he didn't feel the same way, but I must give you credit for telling him...That is so much more than I could ever do...I freak out in thouse situations! I really do..But I'm glad to hear he didn't take it badly or freak out at you
built2liv
built2liv | 05-02-2003 00:43
Yeah, now you don't have those bottled up feelings that you want to express but instead you feel like leaping off a gigantic cliff into an inexistant world of torture...ok my poetic side got the best of me there But yeah, least ya feel good now!
Pandora
Pandora | 05-02-2003 00:47
well I have always jumped even when people said that I shouldn't..

and I guess I am doing okay..

would you rather live the rest of your life thinking "what would have happened"

or would you rather say that I jumped.. and I know now..

you know you just to look at that.. well that's what I look at.. but then again.. I am the first one to run and dive off a cliff.. just because it's there..

so you know.. that's just me..

ha..

rock on
tabitha
built2liv
built2liv | 05-02-2003 00:52
Personally I love jumping off cliffs...but figuratively speaking...it sucks.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: