LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Randomness is the Answer #192

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 20-01-2022 21:31
Could the streak comeback? Stay tuned! Here's to warmer weather.

----------------------------------------------------------

The following is a paid broadcast from Stanley...

*insert commercial jingle*

Please, people, let's not forget what the great HappyLion said when he first opened this thread back in '02...

Tired of "favorite..."s and "hate..."s?
Tired of religious wars?
Tired of disputes over words like "gay"?
Feeling random...?

Or are you just one of those people who don't make any sense anyway...?

THEN DROP BY THE RANDOMNESS, THE PLACE WHERE YOU CAN JUST GET THAT WEIRDNESS OFF YOUR MIND!

-----------------------R U L E S-------------------------

1. Posts in this thread (with this one as a possible exception...) may make no sense whatsoever!

2. Try to read all existing posts before posting a new one...

3. DO NOT USE MORE THAN 3 SMILEYS PER POST!

4. BE ORIGINAL!

5. Have fun for Christ's sake!

6. (Don't) Spam!
826 to 850 of 2,077 comments
page 34 of 84
misfitgurl444
misfitgurl444 | 24-07-2022 20:02
Well our upstairs AC went out. Perfect when it's 100°
Joeyy
Joeyy | 24-07-2022 22:27
Oof. I guess smaller plug-in fans aren't as common there as they are here (no AC), but it's the only way I survived the other day. I felt so unwell by the end of the night and I hadn't even gone out in the sun.

I've since spent £140 on another fan, three different handheld fans, and a few other cooling items. :/
Joeyy
Joeyy | 24-07-2022 22:31
What are the issues, Joey?

The fan has been running constantly and the battery couldn't last more than 40 minutes. IT people kept telling me there's technically nothing wrong with it, so they can't help. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I did a factory reset as a last resort (the shop refused to do one :s). That + keeping the front half off the edge of my desk has made it significantly more useable for the time being, but I think I'll still end up having to get another soon.
misfitgurl444
misfitgurl444 | 25-07-2022 00:47
Luckily out downstairs ac is good and if that stops, we have places to go. Darren was sweating like a whore in church 5 minutes into his nap when I realized that there was no way it would work. His camera says it's 88° degrees upstairs. It feels hotter than that though
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 25-07-2022 05:43
Hi Joey!

Long message, but I posted it here as maybe Joe, or Jeff or someone with more knowledge might tell me I'm totally wrong and stop you from doing any of my suggestions below.... (not mine.. I made certain I had a search reply to back me up on these!)

You wrote in answer to Lisa's query:

What are the issues, Joey?

The fan has been running constantly and the battery couldn't last more than 40 minutes. IT people kept telling me there's technically nothing wrong with it, so they can't help. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I did a factory reset as a last resort (the shop refused to do one :s). That + keeping the front half off the edge of my desk has made it significantly more useable for the time being, but I think I'll still end up having to get another soon.

Made it clear to me... you don't need a whole new laptop!

Lets try some things suggested in these links below my suggestions...

1. Check your power management settings!

Method if you do not know how:

and right click on "battery" icon on lower task bar to the right

and should see "power options"

Check battery power management settings...they could have been changed by an update that you didn't touch anything to do that

Tell us what plan you have selected (even if you didn't make the selection, there must be one!)

2. Clean your vents!
Dell and others say to use can of compressed air, but most people don't have that lying around waiting to use... so in a pinch try vacuum cleaner.

A simple vacuum cleaner won't harm it if you use the brush attachment for cloth furniture and brush over the vent openings while computer is OFF!!

First though: If you physically SEE dirt caught in the vent(s), before you vacuum, try removing it gently first with a toothpick so you don't accidentally push it inside with vacuuming.

3. After checking your power management... in Step 1 above, it might show your battery is not running effectively...
Your IT guys should have suggested you can buy a replacement battery, brand new (I hope your laptop is not as old as mine which needs same thing, but I'm running balanced power output, so its still reading ok, but I know its over 12 years old! Whew!)

In the Dell video, it says to remove the battery.....

Good time when battery is removed to write down the battery number: [usually "BB" or something clear like that with numbers after letters "Batt" etc,] so you can look it up and see how much that costs vs a whole new computer!

4. The HP (Hewlett Packard) question I included as you did say in an earlier post that your computer "fixed" the problem, but then it came back and I recall you made a face: : /

So that reminded me I've heard about that occurring.. and the HP answer had something about it, but its complicated and I'm certain you don't have "thermal paste" lying around... but again I have more questions for you than you answered in your posts, so I just made the search and provided the links for you or your IT people to get some ideas and see if any make sense!

Good luck!

Where I reference my responses from:

=========================================

Why does my laptop fan always start when plugged in but not ...https://www.quora.com/Why-does-my-laptop-fan-always-start-when-plugged-in-but-not-when-using-the-battery-This-has-not-happened-in-the-past
Apr 23, 2021 — If it is so then it looks like the Power Management setting has been configured to conserve power when running on battery. The power saving results in lower ...

Top answer:
It is nothing to worry about Fans are surprisingly inefficient! In my Nitro 5, I measured ...
Why is my laptop fan running even when I do nothing? - Quora
Jun 14, 2017
Why is the fan running all the time when the laptop is plugged ...
Aug 26, 2020
Why is my laptop draining battery and turns hot? This wasn't ...
May 9, 2018
If my laptop fan always running making loud noise ... - Quora
Jan 12, 2021
More results from www.quora.com
People also ask
What is making my laptop fan run continuously?
If you notice the computer fan running constantly and making an abnormal or loud noise, this might indicate that the computer is not running as efficiently as possible, and/or clogged air vents. It is important to keep dust from accumulating in your computer and ensure adequate ventilation to help reduce heat.Jul 30, 2021

How to Troubleshoot Fan Issues | Dell UShttps://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000179087/how-to-troubleshoot-fan-issues
Knowledge Base Article
Search for: What is making my laptop fan run continuously?
Why is my computer fan running so fast and it's not doing anything?
How do I reset my laptop fan?
How can I fix my laptop battery drain?
What does it mean when cooling fan runs constantly?
Why is my computer fan revving up?

I'd try going to your utilities folder, and opening Activity Monitor. See what's using your ...

Battery or Laptop Causing Loud Fan? - HP Support Community
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-or-Laptop-Causing-Loud-Fan/td-p/6105211
May 2, 2017 — Pulling the battery or AC cord cause the fan to get quieter immediately, but plugging them back in causes it to ramp up again to 100%. The only ...
My laptop Fans keeps running constantly high which is draini ...
Jun 11, 2018
Laptop Fans run at max speed the whole time - HP Community
Sep 16, 2018
CPU fan running constantly - HP Support Community - 8244588
Dec 18, 2021
New HP Spectre, fan running almost continuously even when ...
Jul 13, 2019
More results from h30434.www3.hp.com

Fan runs at a higher than expected speed - Windows
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht077046-fan-runs-at-a-higher-than-expected-speed-windows-thinkpad-thinkcentre-ideapad-ideacentre
Method 1: Check CPU usage; Method 2: Clean air vents; Method 3: Close Applications; Method 4: BIOS update and power manager (if BIOS/EC thermal control logic ...

and finally......older one (2017) I included if someone has not fixed your computer do this this by now!

Good You Tube in the link below, but really you should show it to your IT people as they will KNOW what can safely be turned off and talking to you and how you use your computer!
I provided this link, but really "don't try this at home" unless you know what you're doing and NEVER play with registry edit commands (the words they want you in video to type on the "ALL BLACK" window, ok?)

Battery Draining too fast in Windows 10 (7 Ways to fix it)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA514h98bHE

Enable "Prevent indexing when running on battery power to conserve energy". ... It'll improve your power usage in windows 10 laptops!
YouTube · Iviewgle · Aug 1, 2017
CarlJ
CarlJ | 25-07-2022 11:27
Good morning.....correction on the high for today.....75!!! it's raining out right now, but so much cooler.
Joey, my sister Jenny is heading kinda your way. she is flying over on the 4th of August and spending just over a week with friends in Brighton. I know it's about4 hrs...but if she gets up that way, i'll let ya know
misfitgurl444
misfitgurl444 | 25-07-2022 21:06
Man they ruined Teen Titans. Is this what kids like? Maybe I'm just old
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 25-07-2022 22:00
Awww sorry grammar correction... I'm sure I missed others....

and finally......older one (2017) I included if someone has not fixed your computer do this this by now!

Should have been worded:

and finally......older one (2017) I included if someone has not fixed your computer do these things by now!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 26-07-2022 00:29
Yeah, it was a lot cooler today as well, Carl. It's 69° (nice) out and it feels like early fall already.

The new Teen Titans is complete shit. I miss the old one, and miss watching old cartoons to begin with.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 26-07-2022 16:22
in the 70s here today again. and if anyone ever watched Leave It To Beaver, Tony Dow died....Wally. That;s a gut punch as he was only 77
misfitgurl444
misfitgurl444 | 26-07-2022 23:24
I just read that his wife said he's actually alive
fishmunky
fishmunky | 27-07-2022 01:47
If you played a mobster in an American film in the last 40 years, you better call your nonna to ask how to protect against whatever evil is picking you all off.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 27-07-2022 23:05
Lockdown number two is imminent.
misfitgurl444
misfitgurl444 | 28-07-2022 02:12
Our cruise leaves in 8 days.

Like what are people even doing to spread so much disease? Damn millennials and Gen Z and their need to lick public spaces for tiktok
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 28-07-2022 04:06
Best time to take the vacation.

I'm trying to get a couple of friends to go down south with me before I start back up in school and before we lockdown again, lmao.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 28-07-2022 12:31
nikki and i are going to head to Branson after all on Monday. Quick trip down. back on Wednesday. It got hot here again yesterday. And it's going to be close to 100 while we are down there. should be fun lol
She wacked off her hair yesterday. Now looks more like her mom....unfortunately. I don't dislike her mom, but wow, the resemblance is there. the cut looks good on her. but it's uncanny how much she looks like her mom
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 28-07-2022 16:33
Tornado hit my stinky county about an hour ago. One barn went down and a few trees down.

The boomers on Facebook have absolutely lost their mind over this tornado.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 28-07-2022 20:17
Tornados and straight line winds really aren't all that uncommon around here anymore. Seems like I'm hearing about a couple a year now. We had a bad storm a few weeks ago that had a lot of straight line wind damage. Completely took down the screen at the drive in one year too.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 28-07-2022 23:17
They are pretty rare around here. There was an insane storm a few months ago with 100+mph winds and a tornado never was confirmed.

And to make shit even funnier, people are sharing an article with a picture of a tornado that was from four years ago and is not even in my county, lmao. People will believe anything.

Supposedly an EF2.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
misfitgurl444
misfitgurl444 | 29-07-2022 15:30
Sometimes we get 15 minute rainstorms that do more damage than some hurricanes do. We also don't get a lot of tornadoes in my county. The next county above us does get them more often.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 30-07-2022 08:34
And today, July 30th, is..................................

National Cheesecake Day!
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 30-07-2022 09:39
Damn millennials and Gen Z and their need to lick public spaces for tiktok

I didn't even know if anyone would be interested in what happens when you LICK things.... like the famous....

Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 31-07-2022 00:39
Has anyone heard from Jenn? I wonder how she is doing and if she still watches those YouTube videos of that guy doing primitive technology.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 31-07-2022 04:59
Amanda Nunes is an absolutely beast. That was a crazy UFC fight.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: