en

Playlist upgrade if others want it

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 24-10-2020 06:03
Hi Ray!

Hope you're doing fine and well in this COVID times.

Suggesting a Killer idea for the Playlist?

Right now it alphabetizes the songs by whatever we name our different playlists.
But WITHIN a playlist:

Alphabetizes automatically by FIRST letter of the artist's name.
Not always clear as sometimes its a "T" is THE as in The Beatles. Not what we would logically think of as a "B" artist!
So if you have a number of different artists filed to be played under one playlist title: i.e. "Miscellaneous"..a whole bunch end up under "T" "The Youngbloods" "The Partridge Family" "The Isley Brothers", etc.

Automated system doesn't do much of anything.

Several songs under one artist like : "Weird Al" Yankovic...they are in the order I put them in ...nothing else. Not alphabetized by first word of TITLE, or Album they come from or anything! No control on the order they play in.

Would be "nice" but not "necessary" if we had some sort of "sorting command"?

Either show the whole list and let us "sort by" some command i.e. alphabetically forward or reverse, etc.

Probably easiest one line code to make happen.

Or if at the right side of each song..when three dots menu turns row blue and we get choices like "show lyrics" "move to playlist" "copy to playlist" or "go to song page"

Maybe there can be arrow (similar in design to arrows for the Official country Charts.... both "^" up and "V" down unless they are at the top of list or bottom....you don't have to be too fancy..if its at top just "say" "Song is at top of list" so you don't have to recode for top and bottom separately.

And give us a power to move songs up and down the lists (even left to right on the main playlist listing page ) So that maybe our favorites are all the way to the left --the first ones we see to choose from!!! when we open the Playlist section?

Gave a bunch of ideas.....[I Bolded some to differentiate the ideas from each other]

How about the other members reading this?

Is it a waste of Ray's time?

Does anyone use their playlists a lot or maybe use apps on other devices to create ones that do all of these things anyway....so we don't need it on LSI?
Or do you have any other types of movement or suggestions?
Possibly numbering the songs on playlists so just say "move to slot # 15" or so instead of slowly moving it up up up up one line at a time until its at the 15th song on the playlist?

Just thinking outside the box today and haven't come up with a Killer Idea in quite a while...so ..

:hi:

Have a nice day everyone and stay safe from the COVID virus!

Practice.

P.S. Didn't want you to work hard fixing things Ray,...and then I come back AGAIN with another problem/suggestion, in the playlist area, like I'm not satisfied, so noting when you are under the hood of LSI working on this Killer idea...

Noticed and been annoyed by the fact that when you are WATCHING the You Tube Video of the song on the playlist and enjoying it.
And you WANT TO FOLLOW ALONG with the "Show Lyrics" Command from the three dots menu....
The page with the LYRICS that appears is "JUST an inch or so TOO LONG!"
It covers up the VIDEO! window playing at the bottom of the prior window!
I tried opening lyrics it on smaller windows or separate tabs....
No way around it that I can figure out without asking about "shortening " that Lyrics scrolling window just enough to
REVEAL THE YOU TUBE VIDEO that is playing the song behind the Lyrics window.

Just a small other item I didn't want to make as a separate item.
Maybe that item also annoys others here.....or maybe not???
2 comments
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 26-10-2020 00:52
Yet I don't congratulate any of you if no one can albums to their playlist anymore. And BTW, "favourite artist" (adding artists to favourites) is getting more and more on my nerves. That sucks.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 26-10-2020 01:57
I'm the "newbie" here.... you mean to say Céline, that at one time, years before I was here, you could have added a WHOLE album at once (one click!!!!) to a playlist to be played EXACTLY in the ORDER it was created by the artist's own mind and creativity, not some automatic computer alphabetization method? Sounds really COOL if that was possible! I'd make headings by the album names to be played just like I used to do with my LP collection that I don't play to scratch them up more than they already are! That would really honor those artists who we are striving to publish here their exact lyrics for all to read and follow along singing with their music. Albums (at least mine and others) are almost always created with a theme and artistic purpose to the order of songs (just a few physical times, I'm aware of where a shorter song was placed on side A to even up the two sides of those Vinyl LP's).
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: