LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Why does header skin have a textured pattern on it?

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 10-04-2020 07:00
The question above has been troubling me for a year or so...but I had difficulty obtaining clear proof of a clean white image to share that demonstrates what I'm writing about.

You see I screenprinted the Easter Egg in the Spring 2020 Has Returned to LetsSingIt! from a WHITE part of the website....

You can see its white.
You know its white.
Its not a faulty setting on my monitor (we discussed this long ago about the color "yellow"---not necessary for this discussion..but it was reason I delayed writing this for a year or so)

So since Nicolas brought up an old problem that was easily fixed...

Wondering why the header skin/ banner begins with a dotted pattern that causes all colors to be effected?

White is never white....
Its a slightly bluish tint to every color...not enough to make the Yellow into Green or else others would have brought it up sooner... but I noticed a few other effects that it does.....

Details like printed text (see my Valentine's day chart: Happy Valentine's Day Everyone! for another example of how difficult and unclear the image is when there is a pattern you're trying to read it through...

Its NICE!!! to have the pattern on the "null" image... of the
clouds of talking in different shades! Overlapping each other is cool too!
Please keep it! Not asking to change that initial image! And many of us don't bother to change the top header when making a new topic here in discussion Forums...

And it doesn't seem to negatively effect the higher res photos on the artist song pages.....

But when we upload our own or screen shot images...can we just select or somehow avoid using the dotted pattern image overlay?

I think it must be an overlay in one of the layers on the page, so maybe when the skin is "edited" the program can remove that dotted overlay/transparent layer....and let the full clarity of the image shine through!

So...I wrote a lot....which is why I didn't write this topic for posting earlier while you were busy making all the new, brilliant, design changes public and were concentrating on that process!

Thanks Ray!
2 comments
Ray
Ray | 06-05-2020 10:26
Making the overlay optional is an idea. There are more solutions to your point, like making the option to upload pictures directly in your comment. Let me think about that. I'll put it on the list. The list is long though so no guarentees.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 06-05-2020 20:47
Thanks so much Ray!

At least I feel happy! My topic made it to the "think about it" list!

Good luck ! We are all different!.....some of us are auditory sensing, some are tactile sensing, some of us are textual/word, phrases memories, and some...(like me) are visual people, reacting faster to visual cues and changes, so on behalf of the visual ones here, Thank you!
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: