en

Delay when clicking on comment help buttons [solved]

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 06-01-2020 22:54
As I mentioned in the "Can't vote in song queue" thread by roxcyn/Scott

This is Just a weird occurrance...only my eye for click activiation times notices it maybe...

Only noticed it since the day you raised the speed of the page refresh rate (I assume that is what you did) so that times shown for a post are more reflective of their actual posting time....by auto refreshing the times...

Or maybe it also has some other effect in the song page creation and posting/editing that I'm not as familiar with. So sorry that I don't do more here like others do--Maybe roxcyn/Scott can check it on those pages, and click boxes, now that I reported it?

Just noting for you, that I also replaced battery on mouse to see if that fixes it and shut down a few times too.

Problem?
Is that it seems to take TWO or THREE solid clicks on the 3 yellow boxes in the "Edit Comment" screen to get the lists of "Style" "Tag" lists to display [Less often on the "Smileys" as it occurs more often with a highlighted item]

...and then once you get within the list...you click [i.e. try] "OffTopic" that one since I do it a lot more than others I noticed it...it takes more than just ONE click or a good solid, DOUBLE CLICK to get it to display the off topic [ tag ] ....

Never did that before as a single click on the LSI buttons was all it normally takes!

Now, three or more rapid clicks in succession doesn't even do it..its a "time" thing...like you click or double-click and wait a bit before it appears...

Since it eventually DOES appear I had assumed that no one is going to make a support for it..

But my long winded cautionary note is in case you were in there touching some code and left it that way accidentally...

Maybe others will report it now that I mentioned it out here...

Good Luck!
Otherwise, very happy all the other stuff here is working properly!

Practice.
[Had this item pre-written for two weeks now so that is how I posted so quickly]
26 to 31 of 31 comments
page 2 of 2
Ray
Ray | 30-01-2020 20:11
Thanks for the info I don't think it's a bug. And even if it's a bug, then I'll install a fix to workaround the bug. Things only get complicated when bugs show "unexpected behavior". These keep you busy But that's not one we're dealing with here.

I just uploaded a new fix. Let me know how this one works
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 31-01-2020 02:38
Fixed!
Thanks!
Seems to be working!
Crossing fingers!

Three Cheers for Ray!

This is how it should have appeared:

Testing bold with no leading or following hard spaces

Testing bold with no leading & 1 following hard spaces

Testing bold with 1 leading & 1 following hard spaces

[Compare with my last post! Much cleaner and perfect!]

Coding revealed for the technically curious:

Testing [b ]bold[/ b] with no leading or following hard spaces

Testing [b ]bold [/ b] with no leading & 1 following hard spaces

Testing [b ] bold [/ b] with 1 leading & 1 following hard spaces
Ray
Ray | 31-01-2020 09:41
yaaayyy
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 31-01-2020 13:43
My fingers and devices thank you Ray!

Think of it...unless I just typed all my postings without using any smileys, tags or style changes---
I had to remove every character of leading type before the style change and after it (without removing too much-i.e. the parts I wanted to keep within the tags!).

Made for a lot of time during past month or so, erasing during which (in the games mostly) someone else, playing same game, could come along and post their answer instead---forcing me to rewrite my entire post anyway!
-----so I got to posting the whole thing, then editing it backwards, which unfortunately,
then came up against the 15 minute editing deadline so my fingers had to fly sometimes if I had lots of url's to tag in a post or style changes.

No complaints at all now.... everything is working fine as it is!

[Oh and I should mark these site improvements somewhere else so we have a record of this!

Noticed on the Active Topics page, noticed you moved the boxes with "W" "H" "B" "N"or "S" {sticky} from the far far right over to the left where all the other information is!]

[Spoke too soon unless that is what you're going to use all that nice blank real estate on the page on the center and right for....
the "last comment" so we didn't have to delve into the thread just to see whatever that last comment was by clicking on it and reading the pop up window....has vanished to make room for the symbols...though why can't we all live together on the left side of the page I don't know! ---maybe it will return there again! Missed having that mod-like super power already!]
Ray
Ray | 02-02-2020 11:35
I had to remove every character of leading type before the style change and after it

I agree, that is extremely annoying. My apologies for that. That is also a reminder to alway report bug or if you suspect there is one. That gives me the possibility to at least check out what is going on. And there is not much I can't fix, I'm good with duct tape

If there are more issues/developments with this "triplet" bug, let's continue the conversation in a new topic. We're still in the "delay" topic after all
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 02-02-2020 13:10
I know I should have made a new topic...but who knew if it was more than just "me" experiencing this?

From earlier posting:
AND
Its maybe just me, and Windows 10 Microsoft Edge browser doing this?

So first note was a feeler out there to see if others were experiencing it too, and just decided to use tags and styles "less often" rather than report it....We all suffer things on the internet we would never tolerate in real life situations, dripping faucet keeping you up a night? Believe me you're gonna call the plumber!

which reminds me...of course:

If there's somethin' strange in your neighborhood
Who ya gonna call?
(Ghostbusters!)

Its so nice to be able to use tags again!!!
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: