LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

The Picture Thread

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 22-02-2019 04:36
Are you a photographer and want to post your photos? Or are you just someone with an iPhone that took a picture of something you want to share? If so, post your pictures that you have taken down below!

You should definitely provide some context with your photo! Can't wait to see everyone's pictures they have taken!
26 to 50 of 235 comments
page 2 of 10
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 23-06-2019 18:17
Sunset from last night!

Live for these sunsets man.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 29-06-2019 00:31
Here's that Milky Way picture I promised!

Eight images and five darks stacked together. (For noise reduction and camera sensor cleanup)
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 29-06-2019 06:13
Thanks Jeff! All that work produced a great photo! (Print and frame it or Fracture it?)
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 29-06-2019 17:54
Probably will be printed and framed and submitted into a photography contest in August, yes.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 30-06-2019 02:34
Yes! I understood what careful, precise work you did to get that image, so worthy of a photography contest! Best of luck there Jeff!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 16-07-2019 05:40
Few waterfall shots. Needs some touchups.

PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 13-08-2019 01:45
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh peaceful.......
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 13-08-2019 01:46
You got that correct! I spend wayyyyyy too much time out in that field.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 09-09-2019 23:44
night sky

Mosaic or panorama, whichever you wanna call it, of the night sky at 85mm. Was done with that new lens. Viewing conditions were crystal clear for 30 mins.

Settings:

5 second exposures, aperture: f/1.8, ISO 800
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 10-09-2019 01:20
5 second exposures, aperture: f/1.8, ISO 800

Great shot and Thanks for the info too!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 18-09-2019 19:32
I photographed the Andromeda galaxy last October.

Here's my updated one.

To be able to see something so so far away with my camera while I stand on my deck continues to blow my mind.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 18-09-2019 23:52
Wow!
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 19-09-2019 03:36
To be able to see something so so far away with my camera while I stand on my deck continues to blow my mind.

Remember! All that billion dollar Hubble represents, is an large telescope above the swimming moving ocean of air we live in, that makes stars twinkle and makes for LONG exposure times. You and your backyard camera can easily see through empty space---back in time too!

Andromeda is 2.5 million light years away. The light you captured left Andromeda before humans walked on Earth! Think of that everyone, when you look at your updated photo above
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 19-09-2019 03:50
2.537 million light years away to be exact.

I can't do long exposures when I'm so zoomed in. Because the Earth rotates, I am very limited when I shoot at my focal length when imaging a deep sky object. I've contemplated on buying a tracker that essentially matches Earth's rotation so I can bump up my exposures significantly and capture more data, but I'm doing alright with out one.

That updated Andromeda pic was shot at 85mm, f/1.8 and 800 ISO. There's an exposure rule in photography and you take 500 and divide it by your focal length. In this case, mine was 85mm so you divide that and you that number you get is the absolute maximum exposure time you can achieve without getting star trails because again, the Earth is rotating and you're limited to how long you can expose for.

That being said, I shot continuously with an intervalometer and snagged a few mins of data, processed them and stacked each image, reduced noise, enhanced levels, colors etc and that was my final image after cropping.

Went off on a tangent, sorry.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 19-09-2019 03:59
That updated Andromeda pic was shot at 85mm, f/1.8 and 800 ISO. There's an exposure rule in photography and you take 500 and divide it by your focal length. In this case, mine was 85mm so you divide that and you that number you get is the absolute maximum exposure time you can achieve without getting star trails because again, the Earth is rotating and you're limited to how long you can expose for.

That being said, I shot continuously with an intervalometer and snagged a few mins of data, processed them and stacked each image, reduced noise, enhanced levels, colors etc and that was my final image after cropping.

Not off tangent at all! Great data! Thanks! Enjoyed learning what you did today...brings back memories of Burnham's Celestrial Handbook Vols 1 to 3 & Atlas etc and cold nights in the observatory.

I'm not the only other one here... you should let Ray know of your interest as he is a professional astronomer (from a long ago bio if I recall) as his day ( I mean his "night") regular job when not running this website!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 19-09-2019 04:02
What? He is? Ray, check this out man lol.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 19-09-2019 04:10
Sorry you never knew all these years...,,,,..

Gotta read things Jeff

Right under your nose:

Proof:

How it all started...
It all started back in 1997 when Ray, a 20 year old astronomy student from Amsterdam opened his first lyrics website. Often looking for lyrics himself, he noticed there weren't a lot of good quality websites providing lyrics. Ray started 'Ray's Music site' and published some lyrics that he collected himself. To his own surprise, the website was soon receiving hundreds of daily visitors and Ray started receiving lyrics by email. The archive was expanding quickly and with 15,000 daily visitors in 1999, it was time to make some substantial changes. That's when Ray's Music Site changed to LetsSingIt in the year 2000. Now, 15 years later, LetsSingIt has one of the biggest lyrics archives on the net.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 19-09-2019 04:31
Wtf Ray and I should go out and do astronomy. You can come too, Practice.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 19-09-2019 06:41
,.but I was to have "practiced" it professionally Jeff
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 06-10-2019 03:18
Heavily compressed but Milky Way selfie!
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 06-10-2019 14:13
Heavily compressed but Milky Way selfie!

Well you've become part of the greater cosmos Jeff!

And the dotted line at the 9:00 position on the photo is? (a plane or a meteor trail you captured?)
{I assume you could have edited out those 20 or so dots if a plane}
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 06-10-2019 15:40
Yes that's a plane but I kept it for perspective. Just right next to the plane is what appears to be a small meteor trail though.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 07-10-2019 01:26
Now I see the meteor trail vs plane. Not used to new keyboard yet and getting magnification to work with existing monitor...sorry I missed that one at approx. 9:30 mark.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 10-10-2019 18:05
Cornfields featuring a 77.9% Moon and the Milky Way!
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: