Follow 2
Add topic
Search
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 02-02-2019 02:34
Hi Ray:

Its hard to catch...

Error 0 occurred while processing your request

My "first" search term when I sign in gets this response for 1/1500th a second...then it gives wrong answers...

I enter same search term or anything else and it works after that.

Today it just appeared and sat there for a full second! SO my screen shot device caught it for you...

Since it stayed on for a full second, are we to assume the bug is "growing"?

1. Anyone else see this ghost of a bug when they search?

2. And while I was doing the "[ URL ]" and "[b ]" tags and style I had difficulty just now adding tags/style etc to the above words--and the ones to the left here...it gets stuck! duplicates itself!...maybe these two events are related? Anyone else having trouble using tags or style buttons today?

Its Groundhog Day remember the movie!

Practice.
15 comments
roxcyn
roxcyn | 02-02-2019 05:22
I'm not getting either error. Could you try on Chrome? Is it an IE browser error?
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 03-02-2019 23:06
Results are in Scott!
Still happening with my x64 Pale Moon Browser system (still getting memory leak there too)

Does not happen (tried only in past half hour or so) with Google Chrome.

Puzzled.....
roxcyn
roxcyn | 11-02-2019 10:28
Update: it occurs on Brave browser on desktop (Windows 10) when I click to read the comments of a song and at various points in the site. Not sure what's causing it.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 12-02-2019 02:08
Off Off Topic.....
* offtopic :
You have mentioned Brave Browser before...so I investigated about using it on my x64 Windows 10 OS.....

Thanks for mentioning it so check it out [I may have posted this earlier...but I forget : ( ]

Here is what Wikipedia has to say about it.

A review that says why I can't use it (might be good for others still so I shared it here..thanks for mentioning it!)

At any one moment I may have upwards of 40 tabs open and in use for each browser I use. (Plus any actual programs) Heavy computer user.

A reviewer says about Brave:

But when I opened more than five tabs, Brave started to lag and stick. It disrupted my flow of work that I have to close it and use Chrome. The deal was off between me and Brave.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 12-02-2019 03:35
On mobile, I have 84 tabs in brave. On desktop, I usually have 4-5.
Ray
Ray | 13-02-2019 19:31
Thanks for reporting this "Error 0" issue. It's not really an issue, there is an error. I see in the log files it happens about 5 times a day, a request from the LSI server returns no data triggering the "Error 0" popup. It seems to occur randomly, it's not related to a page, time of day, etc etc. Stuff that occurrs randomly is hard to fix. .

I think this issue has been around for years, but not long ago I updated the error reporting system. So the only difference is that it now raises a nice popup.

So this one goes into the unsovled mysteries box until I'm able to reproduce the issue.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 19-02-2019 01:32
It happened when I tried to read my notifications and when I tried to tag a song. I hope it helps you find the error.
robinsvy
robinsvy | 22-02-2019 06:49
same - it has heppened when I open my notifications every time for the past 20 days or so.
Ray
Ray | 22-02-2019 11:04
I ran a small update, let me hear your findings
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 23-02-2019 10:19
Thank you Ray!

I just tried every button I could think of!

and?

Not a single 0 Error among them!

You did it!

Fixed!
Ray
Ray | 23-02-2019 11:53
Nice I simply disabled the "Error 0" popup, so "fixed" is too much credits, "workaround" is better here
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 24-02-2019 13:09
I assume you still maintain error reports, so you are aware of what errors are occurring even if we are not...

Because....
I assumed you disabled the popup "Error 0" sitewide, so we can't alert you to any other problems...

Unless you can design or designate that it was only for the "Error 0" condition that it was disabled as the workaround.

Apologies to those reading these coding queries, who have no idea what we are referring to!
Ray
Ray | 13-03-2019 11:20
I still log "Error 0" events internally, so they are still on my radar
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 13-03-2019 15:59
Curious as to how many are logged in a given day? (since each of us only saw (when the error code was active) the ones we generated ourselves!)
Ray
Ray | 13-03-2019 16:01
Not more than 10 per day
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: