LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Randomness Is The Answer #189

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 10-12-2018 22:51
Launched in 1977, Voyager 2 becomes second human-made object to cross into interstellar space!

-----------------------------------------------------

The following is a paid broadcast from Stanley...

*insert commercial jingle*

Please, people, let's not forget what the great HappyLion said when he first opened this thread back in '02...

Tired of "favorite..."s and "hate..."s?
Tired of religious wars?
Tired of disputes over words like "gay"?
Feeling random...?

Or are you just one of those people who don't make any sense anyway...?

THEN DROP BY THE RANDOMNESS, THE PLACE WHERE YOU CAN JUST GET THAT WEIRDNESS OFF YOUR MIND!

-----------------------R U L E S-------------------------

1. Posts in this thread (with this one as a possible exception...) may make no sense whatsoever!

2. Try to read all existing posts before posting a new one...

3. DO NOT USE MORE THAN 3 SMILEYS PER POST!

4. BE ORIGINAL!

5. Have fun for Christ's sake!

6. (Don't) Spam!
4,951 to 4,975 of 5,001 comments
page 199 of 201
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 29-10-2019 00:27
Because the way babies are treated differently from birth depending on their sex is honestly quite disturbing. All these expectations and gender norms are put on them the instant they pop out. Making a big deal about what sex the baby is before it's even born enforces all of that. But I do understand that parents want to know, I'm not saying it's wrong for them to find out and pick a gendered name or tell people. It just bothers me that the sex is often the first thing people want to know when there's a new baby being born, like that's the most important thing.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 29-10-2019 00:32
Yikes, Dee. Did someone drive into it?
Joeyy
Joeyy | 29-10-2019 00:48
I think people should do whatever they want, but I also raise my eyebrow at gender reveal parties. We don't live in a 'pink is for girls, blue is for boys' society any more; it's strange that we still act like we do before a kid is born.

There's an interesting read about the woman credited for making gender reveals popular - her eldest daughter (the one who 'started it') prefers to dress in suits, keeps her hair short, talks about the different genders, etc. She still identifies as a girl, but it made this woman re-evaluate and consider that the baby you celebrate being one gender might go on to identify as another.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 29-10-2019 00:49
Wow. Did you see what happened, Dee?
Joeyy
Joeyy | 29-10-2019 01:13
Me: "Birthday cake reveal, where my cake is hidden inside another cake."
The internet: 'Ad'

They're good.
fishmunky
fishmunky | 29-10-2019 01:40
Yeah I read that about the gender party reveal lady. Says creating that phenomenon is a big regret in retrospect
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 29-10-2019 01:54
Major chords are sexy.
misfitgurl444
misfitgurl444 | 29-10-2019 02:08
Not the best because it's dark

Her car was towed. She said she looked down to see what was rolling on her floorboard under her foot. I think she was lying about a few things because she told my husband she knocked on our door. Which she didn't, because I was at the side door within 30 seconds of hearing the noise and I had turned the light on. At that point she was in her car trying to drive away.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 29-10-2019 02:54
DWI? Damn, she destroyed it.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 29-10-2019 03:09
Got some star gazing done tonight. I am a happy lad.

Scott you act very surprised. What do you expect? People do stupid shit when they're intoxicated.
misfitgurl444
misfitgurl444 | 29-10-2019 03:23
Police said she passed sobriety tests. She didn't seem drunk.

It's like every step closer to getting something done, this shit happens lol.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 29-10-2019 03:25
Reminds me of a few weeks ago when that lady drove straight into a ditch.
misfitgurl444
misfitgurl444 | 29-10-2019 03:50
I walked outside and cried. The whole thing wasn't cheap. We had it made to match the house. I don't think it took long to do, but it sucks having someone come destroy your stuff. She was nice, but didn't really seem sorry. My husband had me call her insurance company immediately.
fishmunky
fishmunky | 29-10-2019 04:04
My wife and I always found out the sex of the baby just to eliminate surprises and make gift giving easier

That said shopping for kids clothes there's definitely a kind of weird gender slant for boys clothes that I kind of find unsettling I guess

I dunno, I got 3 boys and I try not to fall into the same traps that socialize boys into being emotionally stunted man children that require years of counseling to learn that being sad doesn't mean you have to get drunk and pick a fight.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 29-10-2019 04:32
I think my niece dressing up as "Princess Darth Vader" - aka DV in a pink tutu - was one of the proudest days of my life.

I'm sorry, Dee. I hope it's covered.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 29-10-2019 04:37
Sorry Dee you and husband lost something you really created and put a lot of time and thought into it.

Some people just don't like others having "nice things"---its in their personality

Back off practice she's mine.

And Jeff..

I'm not taking anyone away--- go right ahead and make your move.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 29-10-2019 04:40
Omegalul.

Sorry Dee.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 29-10-2019 09:46
'Morning! (in my case)

Well, been away for a while... Been busy yesterday evening, too.
Count only your good things in life, in your day, Celine....
that should make you happy each day...

Excel is sleeping in my room, even though his loud meow when asking to enter it woke me up. The 'king' needs his 'slaves', ha-ha.

I experienced hypnosis and meditation Somewhere Not Here, yesterday afternoon around 4pm - in the desk, between bathroom and bedroom. I had to lie down on the purple bed and smell the duvet, then stare at the ceiling, then out of the window. I wish the sky had been blue instead of cloudy/rainy. But I didn't sleep nor made a nap nor passed out, I needed it with Jazz Radio in my ears. Before turning the radio on, I must admit I had some hypnotic male voice in mind (neither my dad's, nor my uncle's - someone who reminds me of my favourite ex).
I wish I had spoken more with my auntie (the eldest one, not the youngest who invited us) yesterday, but my dad is too talkative in small family reunions. I guess I was there to balance down the average age (accidentally let slip my dad is a 70-ish years old), ha-ha. And of course, rice and pear pie were delicious!

It's Tuesday and I did not want to get up. But I was too hungry so I got up from my bed. And I need my socks back, too - I cannot sew them so I'm waiting for this to be done, plus, I'm ashamed of my toenails.

Nothing good on the radio during daytime - except Jazz Radio at 4pm, but that's just a detail. Breaking codes doesn't often lead to broken hearts.

À plus tard = S'ya later.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 29-10-2019 15:34
Wow Dee....she took out both sides? that's horrible.
It's been snowing here.....been awhile since we've seen snow this early. more on the way tomorrow and halloween.....whoops!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 29-10-2019 18:28
The Xbox 360 racism was so potent that it had me look up on Google definitions of what I had just been called.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 29-10-2019 19:23
Thanks for the time info, btw. And I meant in the US, Celine.

What do you mean, Jeff?
Joeyy
Joeyy | 29-10-2019 19:26
It's not snowing here, but frosty by the time morning rolls around. It hit 0 when I went to bed the other day. Time to break out the slanket.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 29-10-2019 19:27
Back in the good ol days when Call of Duty was relevant, a lot of angry gamers would drop some interesting racism comments not towards me but to literally everyone they played against. The Modern Warfare 2 and 3 lobbies were brutal.
misfitgurl444
misfitgurl444 | 29-10-2019 21:39
Is it Thursday yet? It's getting harder to lift stuff
misfitgurl444
misfitgurl444 | 29-10-2019 21:52
We have a mailbox on the house, but because we bought the house in 2015, means that we aren't grandfathered in for the postal workers to walk it to our door. Even though someone ran over our mailbox
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: