en
Back to old website

12th track on this album is not appearing

Follow 3
Add topic
Search
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 13:08
On Tuesday, I created this album and all of its songs. The final track on the album is a bonus track - an alternate version of the song "Trump's Private Pilot", sung by Father John Misty instead of Tim Heidecker. However, despite linking this song in the Edit Album box, the song is "invisible" on the finalized album page. I know the site sometimes has issues with the cache updating slowly, but I've given it two days and nothing's changed.

I imagine this has something to do with the fact that the song is by a different artist than the main album artist, but I've been able to do this with no issues in the past.
7 comments
svaraej
svaraej | 13:33
I figured out how to fix it! I changed line 12 in the track list from "Trump's Private Pilot (Father John Misty version [Bonus track]" to "Trump's Private Pilot [Bonus track]", the same name as the entry Father John Misty - Trump's Private Pilot plus the [Bonus track] tag.

After I did that the linking worked!
svaraej
svaraej | 13:40
So yes, the issue seems to be that the track is by a different artist than the main album artist. Since when the song is by the same artist as the album artist the wording in the track list doesn't need to be the exact wording of the song title.
svaraej
svaraej | 13:47
I found another issue. The track is now appearing and is linked on the album page, but the album is not appearing on the song page. (Screen shot of song page)
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14:03
So one error fixed and another created? Well, at least that's good info for Ray. Hopefully he'll be able to fix this.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 03:51
It's showing for me.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 05:25
Yeah, looks like it appears for me now too. Maybe Ray silently fixed the issue...or it fixed itself after some time passed.
Ray
Ray | 14:37
It seems to work fine again. I'm not exactly sure what went wrong, could indeed be a caching issue on LSI side.

I'll keep an eye on this issue
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: