LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Snap not sending messages [solved]

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 20-07-2018 02:43
As usual, I waited for this to get fixed for a while before mentioning anything, and this issue has persisted. Am I the only one who reports errors these days?

I've been notified a couple times in the past month or two (not sure on the exact timeframe, unfortunately) that Snap has sent me a friends birthday notification. However, upon checking my inbox, nothing new is there, but my notifications will show that I have a message from December 31st, 1969 (aka the "epoch date" for UNIX time).

Right now I'm not entirely sure if this only applies to these messages or if it also applies to "Content updated of your artists" messages, but either way, something's wrong with Snap.
17 comments
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 20-07-2018 04:49
I posted this in Randomness first....before I saw your thread:

About poor little snap losing its way and mind? I have just 3 birthday notifications (two for May, and one in June) check my "friends" list as all are and were correctly posted and timed. Sorry so many have trouble with him. Time for Ray to open up his program and give Snap a tune up!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 20-07-2018 05:35
He borked.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 20-07-2018 05:59
I posted the same message here.
Does anyone meet the same problem? I keep receiving notifications for birthdays but Snap's messages do not appear in my inbox.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 20-07-2018 11:54
Update: "content updated of your artists" messages work, so it might just be the birthday notifications that are the problem.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 20-07-2018 21:12
Yes, as Céline said, the site is buggy. Ray, are you reading us?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 21-07-2018 03:00
For what it's worth, Randomness is not a good place to report errors. Ray insists that you post individual topics for them in the Support forum so they're easily seen. Posting another topic telling Ray to "check Randomness" without describing the problems in detail seems kind of counterintuitive for that reason.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 21-07-2018 04:01
Posting another topic telling Ray to "check Randomness" without describing the problems in detail seems kind of counterintuitive for that reason.

Did anyone do that? We sometimes talk in Randomness about things first, to see if anyone's having the same problems or whatever. I don't see anyone saying "see Randomness" though, they've either described it again or copied their post here.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 21-07-2018 14:15
Yes, I was referring to this thread that Scott posted. The thread instructs Ray to "read the last few pages of Randomness" when it should describe the problems in detail rather than referring him to another place. Scott only described the problems generally and in few words without giving enough info. If you want a problem to be fixed by Ray quickly, you need to outline the entire issue.
Ray
Ray | 21-07-2018 15:52
I've been notified a couple times in the past month or two .. that Snap has sent me a friends birthday notification. However, upon checking my inbox, nothing new is there, but my notifications will show that I have a message from December 31st, 1969 (aka the "epoch date" for UNIX time).

First, I see you guys referring to this topic. But that was another problem of the site, which has been fixed.

This date thing is something different, looks like a minor bug. But I can't see what goes wrong. But perhaps I don't fully understand the problem. So let me get on the same page here:

Let's use notifications and messages in the right context. Snap sends birthday messages, and sends you a notification about new messages in your inbox.

So you get a notification about new messages, but there is no new messages in your inbox? How do you know it's a message for a birthday? Perhaps I need a coffee first.

Ok, let me know. tnx!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 21-07-2018 15:56
I get e-mails when I get new messages here, and the e-mails for these past couple "ghost" messages from Snap appeared as "Friends birthday notification" when I checked my e-mail. When I go to check the actual LSI site, it gives me the 1969 notification that I included a screenshot of in the first post here. However, when I go to my inbox, no new message is there.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 21-07-2018 17:12
Same here. I get the email and since the days I've received these actually have been friends' birthdays, there should be messages, but there's only the notification, no pm in the inbox.

Yes, I was referring to this thread that Scott posted.

Ah, I missed that one, sorry. I see what you mean now.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 22-07-2018 02:19
* offtopic :
I see, Nicolas. It was a random problem though so I had to talk in generalizations as I don't know what was broken.

As I said in my thread, I get the random emails from Snap about birthdays to my personal email. Then, if you look in your inbox here there is no such message.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 22-07-2018 02:43
Yo Snapper, stop sending me messages dammit all.
Ray
Ray | 25-07-2018 10:12
Ok, it took a while, but I think I found it. Something was not working correctly. I think this caused this bug. Let's find out tomorrow on the next round of email alerts for birthdays. Fingers crossed
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 26-07-2018 10:54
It works!
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 26-07-2018 11:05
Yup Ray, I did receive the birthday messages too.
Ray
Ray | 26-07-2018 11:56
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: