LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

"This song can't be removed, because it has been verified"

Follow 3
Add topic
Search
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 04-05-2018 13:42
Can't say I've seen this error before today, so thought I'd make a topic for it.

I'm currently trying to clean up some items that belong to Nicole Wray, as she has songs between 4 different maps - Nicole, Nicole Ray, Nicole Wray, and Lady Wray. Upon trying to send this one to the remove queue today, I got this error. I'm not sure what "verified" is supposed to mean - and not only is the song title wrong (should be "Make It Hot") but the artist name is also misspelled. I imagine this is a glitch, but what's going on here?
21 comments
Ray
Ray | 06-05-2018 13:55
Some songs are locked, because the system marked them as correct. It looks like the system mislabeled this one. I removed the lock, so it's open again for removal.
music_junkie
music_junkie | 09-05-2018 18:16
can i ask you to elaborate what it means that the SYSTEM verified it as correct? kinda thought this was the mods' jobs not so much machines ...
Ray
Ray | 09-05-2018 18:33
The system checks the age of songs, the number of views and and how long it's been since the last correction. I don't remember the exact conditions.

For example, if a song was added over 10 years ago, has not been corrected since and has had over one million views, the system considers the song as correct. It's not 100% bullet proove, but it has it's value.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 24-05-2020 23:41
Got this rare error once again, it seems...

Jim Stafford - Under the Scotmans Kilt is misattributed and I can't send it to the deletion queue as I'm getting this same error. From what I've researched, this song is commonly misattributed to Jim Stafford but is actually by Bryan Bowers, and the correct title is just "The Scotsman". I think they may have gotten mixed up online because both are country/folk singers that have comedic songs, and both were featured on Dr. Demento compilations as well.

See here as a source. I've looked all over and can't find any record of Stafford ever doing this song. It should be transferred to Bowers' map and renamed "The Scotsman".
Ray
Ray | 04-06-2020 08:56
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 16-06-2020 18:04
Yet another one of these I found...

Dr. Demento - They're Coming To Take Me Away is misattributed and should be deleted, but I can't send it to the queue due to this error. The song already exists under Napoleon XIV, who is the correct artist. I'm trying to clear out the Dr. Demento map because he didn't perform any of the songs in it; they're all credited to other artists, but appeared on his compilations.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 21-06-2020 14:35
And another! Surprised I'm finding so many of these lately...

I was clearing out David Allen Coe's map, as it's a duplicate of David Allan Coe, and there's one particular song that's giving me this error (apologies in advance for the racist language in the title...not going to restate it for that reason).

The correct song page is here.
Ray
Ray | 17-07-2020 14:15
I unlocked the two songs, so they can be removed now
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 03-08-2020 23:11
Hey, how do I merge When Smokey Sings with the correct ABC one?
This song can't be removed, because it is linked to an album. If the song needs to be removed, unlink it first from the album by linking the album track to another (the correct) song.

It tells me it's part of an album but I cannot see which one.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 04-08-2020 02:24
Celine, please post a new thread for that error so Ray can take a look at it. I don't think that's the same issue this thread is for.
music_junkie
music_junkie | 25-08-2020 22:30
ray i ran into this problem today for coldplay..

wrong title
When I Ruled The World - Coldplay

correct title
Viva La Vida - Coldplay

the correct version is older (2008 vs 2011) and linked to multiple albums. the incorrect isn't linked to albums and missing genres... i couldn't imagine why this song wasn't linked to an album then i realized the title was wrong and since we already have the correct song i cant fix title, but it needs merged as a duplicate with wrong title.

can I get an assist, s'il vouz plait?
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 28-01-2021 02:45
I cannot move Baby Cakes to the artist 3 Of A Kind, since Three Of A Kind is a different trio.
This song can't be removed, because it has been verified.

But I wouldn't remove it, only transfer it to the right artist.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 28-01-2021 07:12
And just so Ray is aware - it appears Tammy's request has still not been tended to either.
Ray
Ray | 03-02-2021 13:42
Requests handled Thanks guys!

It tells me it's part of an album but I cannot see which one.

And the winner for finding the first bug in the system in 2021 goes to.... Céline! The song When Smokey Sings by DJ Yoda was indeed linked to an album, but the album wasn't displayed on the song page. I fixed this issue, the album now shows up.
music_junkie
music_junkie | 05-02-2021 08:44
merci Ray!. ;-)
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 24-04-2021 13:53
Ray I need your help again! I've done a lot of merging and transfers from Lewis Capaldi to other artists today.

So I have another problem with this song
Rita Ora feat. Wiz Khalifa - Religion
(added : December 17th, 2017 by brokenziinhu)
and this one
Lewis Capaldi - Religion
(added : May 19th, 2020 by tabbydog)

Knowing that the latter was a Rita Ora song mistakenly added (like so many others I had to either merge or transfer) by tabbydog to the Lewis Capaldi map, I wanted to merge the latter into the former, but it says
This song can't be merged, because it has more historical value than the song you marked as correct.

Which is completely impossible given the submission dates above. A song added last year has less historical value... Doesn't it?
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 24-04-2021 14:59
Small comment....not really qualifies as a "killer" suggestion as its already here...just not used...
As Céline quoted:

This song can't be merged, because it has more historical value than the song you marked as correct.

Interesting! This indicates that the computer KNOWS the dates of the songs on song pages...

But we paltry humans are left to guess as I assume like 95% of the entries after "copyright" are blank, or blank as to date, just names of the composers, so we don't know the date the song was first copyrighted or performed, etc.

For a musical historian like myself---dates are important when I forget sooo many----
[Using a different example than the one Céline uses] I often inquire: Is it an original song from the 1920's? Or a new song with same name from the 1990's? Or is someone performing a cover for an older song, older than their group formation?

See how much a little bit of data like a date SOMEWHERE on the Song page would help all of us, especially if Lyric Find or the database already has that information hidden in its files that we can't see or access!

[Which I assume is how that sentence Céline quoted above appears, only if the computer knows what dates the two songs were created/copyrighted is that possible! ]

Speaking for myself: I'll be MORE THAN SATISFIED to take even a date by "decade" (1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s etc) if you don't have the exact dates for all the songs which can happen.

So I write it in here knowing it might be read by everyone else to tell me I'm wrong and the song writing dates are hidden somewhere in the data that I've never found them!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 24-04-2021 21:46
Practice, if I'm reading your post correctly, you're misunderstanding the issue - that "historical value" pop-up has nothing to do with a song's release date, rather the creation date of its song page on LetsSingIt. In other words, if one tries to delete a duplicate song page that was created before the song page marked as "correct", that error will be triggered.

Knowing that the latter was a Rita Ora song mistakenly added (like so many others I had to either merge or transfer) by tabbydog to the Lewis Capaldi map, I wanted to merge the latter into the former, but it says
Which is completely impossible given the submission dates above. A song added last year has less historical value... Doesn't it?

Celine, I was able to remove the song simply by using the "this song is fake" option. I think this is an okay scenario to select that option for since this seems like a site glitch without a practical workaround.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 24-04-2021 23:56
Good point Nicholas! I can see how you get that impression.

I didn't mean to confuse the two, just was USING the opportunity that one member mentioned this to bring up a question I've had for a few years now...

Let me confuse you a bit more if you don't mind! (wink)

Lets say someone is adding in songs to the site..... in 2021.

They have two songs in their "collection" to add in.

I'm being very obvious here to make my point of COURSE we, being humans would not do this..but here is my imaginary situation and see what you make of it....according to what you just wrote:

First song----was first sung as a cover in 2010
They add it to the database in January 2021.
Get it? January 2021 would be its "creation date of its song page"

Then the same person, looking through their computer files, finds in April 2021, the ORIGINAL of that song which was written in the 1920s!

Second song: Now they attempt to enter THAT song as a new song into the database as of today, April 2021.

According to what you wrote, the "creation date of its song page" is NEWER than the January 2021 page, so the automated system would call and hold the older January 2021 song as the "historical record" song,
whereas its totally wrong to us humans-----the original of that song not being in the database yet, and from the 1920's

YES YES YES
Before you write anything I understand your solution....and it works great to fix this problem calling the January 2021 entry the "this song is fake" so that the Original song and its artist and lyrics can all be entered in a song page and credited the original person.

OF COURSE I DIDN'T USE A REAL example...this is all imaginary so we can discuss it without going into the details that might complicate this further.

To summarize my earlier message (too long) and this one...
So, if there is a method by which the computer can read off the Lyric Find or human entered copyright date of the song and then use that to determine the older song, we are all making LetsSingIt a true database for the ages and years to come as true music libraries etc all file songs by their "date" of composition, not the date they were entered into the system..
That is a computer artifact (as the term is or was called) that we should try to overcome.

Let me know if this makes sense to you.... I'm open to discussing this here in this corner of LSI so we can figure out a way to help Ray make it better without a huge amount of new coding to fix this problem I've thought about for a few years now!

{I suggested in my earlier posting, that to streamline the process we might even do it by "decade" as we don't have to be 100% accurate with the older songs here until we convert all the song pages over to having "dates" for each song}

Thanks!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 16-03-2022 21:56
Here we go again...

Was cleaning up The 5th Dimension's song pages today and came across two pages for their hit song "Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In". One was under the correct title, and the other was under "Age of Aquarius", and both were created before 2005.

"Age of Aquarius" was giving me this error, but the other one wasn't, so I figured I could just merge the other one and then rename this one after. But nope...can't do that! Now I'm getting this error, which is slightly different from the one in this thread:

This song title can't be changed, because this song has been verified.

Ray, if you could please change the title to "Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In" as soon as time allows, that'd be much appreciated.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 21-08-2022 22:13
Update - it looks like this error no longer exists in the new site design. I was able to fix the song title in the above post once I switched to the new site.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: