LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

New Site Design Improvements 2018

Follow 3
Add topic
Search
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 29-03-2018 04:12
With so many new tweaks and improvements I thought there should be a spot for all of them.

I made one for the New Playlist [Playlist is "new!"] and kept adding items to it.

But felt after three non-Playlist improvements, the others would be lost, so borrowed two last ones from that list and placed them here with the latest additions and improvements by Ray.

Then this thread serves as a checking spot for those who want to add their own discoveries as I can't be everywhere on the site myself and I might miss some things.

Above all...

We have Ray to thank for continuing to upgrade and improve the site.

I know what hard work planning, designing and coding for a successful (i.e. non-crashing) site each improvement entails hours of testing to make certain before its rolled out that it does not interfere with other parts of the site and works seamlessly to improve member and visitor experience.

Hope no one minds some public display of gratitude for Ray here too!

!
5 comments
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 29-03-2018 04:14
Just adding that Ray also vastly improved the "share" button as well! QR Code, and all the different buttons for social media, Email and a very convenient link button that says what it does "copy link".

And the most important button for someone who is not all over social media sites: the easy to use new grey print button, so we have a lyrics sheet to learn the song from! This is "Lets" Sing It , correct?

Well done!
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 29-03-2018 04:15
Used the PM for first time since your new rollout of design changes.

Excellent! It now states very clearly in the draft mode, Preview, a field for "TO", "SUBJECT" and "CONTENT" before displaying those items.

Perfect job!

[Suggestion: for the Preview mode of the Posts to look more like the new PM now does! Thanks!]
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 29-03-2018 04:20
The two icons at top right of mostly every screen for "Contribute" and "Profile, etc" of members have been improved!

Continuing the new blue rectangle button theme.. There are new choices when you open the "Help contribute!" icon with some explanation of the crowdsourced method of lyrics gathering and correction used here.

Also improved is the Profile button announcing you're logged in and giving the choices much clearer as buttons rather then having us figure out we should "click" on the row of stars. I always like it better when its either a definite button to click on, or else its explained somewhere what we should do to activate the hidden menu. (Else I'm just clicking all over the page to find what "Easter Eggs" as they are called in movies, etc., functions there are to be accidentally discovered).

Then again I still don't get it swipe left or right or up or down and I wonder after swiping my auto pay, why I got Coffee flavored pizza when ordering online (is that ever a thing?)
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 08-06-2018 20:19
Good thing I have this here to use!

Contribute icon, the Review button has been improved!
Instead of listing how many are there to review (even if we did them) or listing "1" if we did all of them. Now it properly shows the magic number we wanted to see when all the work is done.. "0"

Review Done!

There are no more items in this review queue.

Thanks for the improvements Ray!

--------ooooppppss!

As I posted this.... I saw it still said "0" SO I wanted to check if I copied it right and there was exclamantion point after "Done" as cutting and pasting was done on the fly and I was not happy with result...

And guess what happened? It still says "0" on the first page when you click on "contribute" icon...
But
Then on the "Review " blue button (which still says "0") I should have taken a screen shot of this sound like a lot to explain.... it says there is "1" new artist to review while the total is still "0" in Review blue button...so maybe its just a bug that I thought was an improvement?

I'll leave it here in "improvements" and maybe the bug will just vanish on its own, else I'll make a report for it as a new thread if it really bothers anyone other than myself... [please let me know members!]
Ray
Ray | 08-06-2018 21:50
This goes slightly off topic, I prefer a new topic in Support for this one. Merci
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: