en
Back to old website

Game of Thrones Season 7

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 01:10
Because otherwise I'll talk about it in Randomness and people will get upset...

**Spoilers ahead. Don't read if you don't want to know.**
126 to 150 of 190 comments
page 6 of 8
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 02:13
Holy fuck.. so many things!
CaptainStabbin
Holy shit, what an episode.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 02:28
I'd like to point out though.. the last HBO series I was really into ended it's second to last season/started it's last with a zombie invasion and I did not like it. I'm not sure I feel any better about frost zombies than I did about vampire zombies. Can we not have nice non-zombie things?
CaptainStabbin
Which series are you referring to?

They've been leading up to the zombies being a main enemy the entire show though. Its either zombies or a dystopian world. Everything in between is a crapshoot.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 02:33
Also, fuck this 7 episode nonsense.. they needed to finish this out with 10 episodes each season. I can already feel the rush to fit everything in.

True Blood. Last 2 seasons revolved around all the vampires turning into vampire zombies. It was stupid.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 02:35
And and and.. where are the white walkers finding all these dead bodies to reanimate? I thought no one lived north of the wall anymore.. that army was fucking HUGE!
CaptainStabbin
I could never get into True Blood, the blonde was hot though.

I don't mind the 7 episode format but they are definitely pushing too much into each episode. They clearly had content to go the full 10 this season.
CaptainStabbin
They've been amassing it over time. Plus all the wildlings from Hardhome make up a huge percentage.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 02:44
We're talking about[Url=https://i.pinimg.com/736x/fa/67/2a/fa672a9159b87fb406ab881e94bc0b48--alexander-skarsgård-hot-man.jpg] this blonde, right?[/url] I agree.
CaptainStabbin
I was thinking this one.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 02:52
I prefer the first one.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 03:21
Well, how do you pronounce K8?

Kay-eight or keight?
fishmunky
fishmunky | 04:00
I wanted to like this episode more. The ending was legit. Hound and Tormund together are great

Everything else beyond the wall meh. I wish there was more books. The shows pacing has been horrendous this year.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 10:03
They could've added more South of the wall stuff and made 2 episodes out of this one. We barely saw anyone but Jon Snow. What's going on in the rest of the world?

I legit thought they were letting Tormund go down that hole and started getting upset. Thank you, Hound.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 17:03
I thought Tormund was a goner, too. Glad he wasn't. It was a bit of a cop-out, though. There were hundreds, possibly thousands, of wights surrounding them, and yet they generally reached the group one at a time? Still a good episode.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 17:12
Tormund going into that hole was giving me serious flashback to Quint being eaten by Jaws. I was cringing, waiting for him to get pulled down like that. Was so relieved when he was saved.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 17:15
And now it's been mentioned a few times in things I've read. What does everyone think of Viscerion being the dragon that was turned? The one named after the brother she hated is now the one turned against her.
fishmunky
fishmunky | 22:48
Should have let him wander mereen more. Would have been bigger and stronger.

More i think about the episode the less I like it. The Arya/Sansa stuff was possibly dumber than the bring a wight to kings landing plan.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 01:14
The Arya/Sansa shit I can do without. I feel like I'm watching my nieces fight and it makes me want to scream.
CaptainStabbin
I think they are playing a game. And I believe the one to lose will be littlefinger.
fishmunky
fishmunky | 03:36
sure but that's conjecture at this point

what we were shown was 2 sisters who apparently haven't bothered to catch up after not seeing one another for years, not even a cursory where you been or whatever.

like overall i get that it moved the series closer to an endpoint, but man did it happen in a super clunky way
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 11:14
All we got was the "you'll never understand what I've been through" from both of them, with neither having any intent to share their side. They're mad at each other for their circumstances and they don't even know what those circumstances are. I can't tell if it's poor writing due to time constraint or genius because that's exactly what girls do.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 11:56
I hated it, too. They don't have long to finish it if it is a game. Thing is, normally when one or more people are conspiring against another, we see the other one watching them (the way we saw Littlefinger watch Arya watching him). This episode was just Sansa and Arya in a closed room having a go at each other as siblings, but with much more intensity than most.

It's like Ant said, too--other than what didn't seem like a particularly heart-felt hug, there's been no real "reunion" feel, and that's been disappointing. Fair enough, we couldn't have one with Bran because he's not really Bran any more, but the sisters are still themselves, even with all they've been through. It kind of ruins the character growth. After being separated so long, thinking the other's probably dead, and after everything they've experienced and suffered, they still couldn't comfort each other? They had to have a weird pissing contest with some serious creepiness (on Arya's side) thrown in?

Even if it is all for show...I'd have liked it better if we could see that -rather than being left in the dark with the distinct impression that they still can't act like anything other than bratty children who dislike one another.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 11:58
I can't tell if it's poor writing due to time constraint or genius because that's exactly what girls do.

Sigh. I have a sister and we've never acted that way.
CaptainStabbin
Everything is conjecture at this point.

I think there was a lot of hinting at what's to come with their conversation. Sansa has learned 2 things over the course of the series: 1 is to never trust Littlefinger, he always has other motives, and 2, family comes first. Arya and Sansa have both seen some fucked up things; it's not all that surprising that they're damaged and can't interact normally.
Arya doesn't trust Sansa but she did extend an olive branch via the knife. I felt it was a I could kill you now and nobody could stop me, I could take your face and noone would ever know you're dead, but I'm choosing to trust you moment.

In the season 7 trailer, Sansa says: "When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives"

This goes back to something Ned said to Arya in season 1:

"Let me tell you something about wolves, child. When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives. Summer is the time for squabbles. In winter, we must protect one another, keep each other warm, share our strengths. So if you must hate, Arya, hate those who would truly do us harm...Sansa is your sister. You may be as different as the sun and the moon, but the same blood flows through both your hearts. You need her, as she needs you."

There's been no references to it throughout the season yet and we haven't seen them choose each other over anything else and we only have 1 episode left...soooo

Bye Bye Littlefinger.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: