LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

my parents don't like him

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
november_rain
november_rain | 13-01-2003 06:37
okay my story is that basically i really like this younger guy and it is tearing me up inside because my parent's don't like him (they're racist). it pisses me off, but i don't have the financial means to move out on my own, at least not right at this moment. anyone have a song about two people that like each other but can't be together? thanks, i'm mega depressed and haven't eaten well or slept for the past week.
-jh
4 comments
tranquil_mind
tranquil_mind | 13-01-2003 06:45
...how about the theme to romeo and juliet? this story is as old as dirt, and still as tragic each time it is told...

but to play devil's advocate for a moment, step back just a lil and see if there is any other reason that your parents might have... seventeen years ago, i fought to be with a young man my parents disapproved of, i was blind to everything they saw so clearly....love truly can be blind, deaf, and dumb... protect yourself...

if it is as simple as an issue about this guy's race, that is sooooo sad... your parents might be missing out on a very special individual... the true test, though, is not whether he makes them happy, but you... best of luck...

"don't be reckless with other people's hearts; don't put up with anyone who is reckless with yours".....be careful, guard that which is precious...
and a bit of wisdom that i have come to know full well... when someone shows you who they are, believe them.... (the first time)....

hope all works out for you in the best way possible!

my two cents....
deb
november_rain
november_rain | 15-01-2003 04:05
awwww. hey thanks. that was very beautiful. *sniffle*
tranquil_mind
tranquil_mind | 15-01-2003 04:10
...i really was being sincere, i hope you were, too...

been there, done that, REALLY i have and after 16 1/2 years, i am running for my life....

best of luck,
deb
carole
carole | 16-01-2003 16:10
November rain, I think there's one song by Craig David (is it "can you fill me in" ?) which relates the same kind of story.
I'm not sure really, but check out the lyrics...

And I'm sorry if your parents are truly racist, but you sound clever enough to ignore them. Just make sure you're right about this guy's feelings and about your own...
Take care.

P.S. Your nickname is beautiful
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: