en
Back to old website

Are you going to be Unplugged today, March 3, 2017

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
PracticePractic
National Day of Unplugging for the United States

Take a selfie to post here and put on some paint in honor of the day!

(and for those of you in the UK: Your turn will come in June 2017 (this is the site from 2016, 2017 is not up yet)

Tell us if you are or are not participating in the day this year. If so, fill in the blank in comments section with what you intend to use your freedom from your device(s) to do!
No, I'm not giving up my cell phone or other electronic life lines for a whole day, today.4 (44.4 %)vote
Never heard of this day. Don't know. Don't care.4 (44.4 %)vote
I'm married to my electronics-----I can't let go for even a minute!1 (11.1 %)vote
Yes, I'm going whole day unplugged and I'm going to do ________(fill in blank in comments)0 (0.0 %)vote
N/A Not applicable, I don't own anything like a smart phone or wifi gadgets/tablets, etc.0 (0.0 %)vote
total votes: 9
16 comments
Captain_Keeta
Never heard of this day. Don't know. Don't care.
Captain_Keeta
This option says it all.

Also a bit confused on how I voted twice.
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 19:30
No, I'm not giving up my cell phone or other electronic life lines for a whole day, today.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 20:43
As in MTV Unplugged?
andyjulz
andyjulz | 23:51
nope
PracticePractic
I'm married to my electronics-----I can't let go for even a minute!
I have no idea how you can tell everyone you didn't just die or fall of the edge of the world! If someone who you haven't heard from, and doesn't know you're "unplugged" decides to call you or email you and knows you usually answer right away----they will get very worried for 24 hours and may call missing persons/police or other relatives or friends to check in on you and see if you're ok or not!

Maybe there is some sort of "vacation" notice like I used to have decades ago for my landline phones and Email, but no idea if those still exist today (an automated notice saying you're on vacation or "unplugged" in this case for 24 hours and call back later, and don't worry).....but I'm not willing to try and see if anything like that works so unfortunately I'm married to this portable electronic world!

& by the way.......... How else would I be posting or checking on the status of my Poll question if I unplugged! I'll see on Saturday evening, how many unplugged and could not respond to the poll because they were...... gone!
CaptainStabbin
No, I'm not giving up my cell phone or other electronic life lines for a whole day, today.
I'd do this on a day where I'm not working.
PracticePractic
As to Jeff's ability to vote "twice" I tried it and got the message:

Are you going to be Unplugged today, March 3, 2017

You already voted on this poll, you can only vote once. However, you can leave another comment.
PracticePractic
The screen looks messed up though with extra avatar photo! So maybe something is happening with the Polls?
PracticePractic
Ok, I'll write up a ticket for the Support section on this problem!
My TWO
other comments
and Avatar were posted on my screen and now have vanished!
PracticePractic
Ok now its fixed....will post the screen shot later
PracticePractic
* offtopic :

Reading the other topics here about "Pictures" and image hosting sites... I used Photobucket....which is where I'd post the screen shots. But lately I cannot stay on Photobucket long enough to copy off from computer to the site and post a photo. My AV reports constant trojan and other high level attacks against the computer so I'm trying to look for a free (ha!) image posting site that does not have that problem or other problems as reported in ratings sites like "
Reviews of the Top 10 Photo Sharing Websites of 2017
"
saina
saina | 09:16
That's just fantasy! I'd so love to detach myself from phones/laptops but real life wouldn't allow me simply to do so.
Just remember the day when you forgot your phone somewhere and all hell broke loose.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 03:20
No, I use the computer and internet for work so I wouldn't get paid if I stopped using it.
PracticePractic
No, I use the computer and internet for work so I wouldn't get paid if I stopped using it.

How true Scott! The sites don't mention at all people like yourself, what do we do?
roxcyn
roxcyn | 03:28
I'm still going to use it.

* offtopic :
The best image site is called print screen. I think it's prnt.sc or something like that. I think it's best to use Firefox, maybe try that?
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: