en

New Points System

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 04-08-2016 05:20
Hi Ray and everyone:

Thought I'd open this new thread up for myself (and anyone else?) who had ideas about the new Points system....

Other than the few instructions Ray has provided us about the system, we're in the dark about its features, so before it gets written down in stone on two tablets (ok ok I know I'm a bit old fashioned) Before it gets written down using a bird's quill pen/inkwell and parchment paper maybe a few suggestions for the system or how to implement it fairly might help Ray out in making a smooth transition.

(see my first post etc.. so I don't have this repeated each page!)
17 comments
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 04-08-2016 05:22
Wondering how the new Points system will be implemented step by step:

Some suggestions to make it fair....

1. The current VIP system is based on giving us (members) rewards for achieving certain levels in the system...

Now if that system is suddenly replaced by a new system---there should be some delay, some grace period of time given to the old system to allow users to build up equity of points in the new system....

I suggest 30 days/1 month?

So for 30 days, Ray turns off the "Email or PM janitor" and other parts of the system that punish one for letting one's levels drop too low in the old VIP system, to allow time for us to build up the new system points to where we were in the new system.....

2. Also (within that same grace period) how about giving everyone whatever level they are under the new system for 30 days , then, after that first 30 days of use at their old VIP level (never mind the 100 day average that is turned off for 30 days) ..... they are on their own to maintain it....

So each new point managed, created level; Basic/Bronze/Silver/Gold/ Elite level (note I'm just using the old terms in case Ray has decided to rename or relist them for the new Points system) etc would be rewarded to each member based upon their current VIP status as of the date Ray turns on the complete point system...

Then each of us has 30 days 'grace period' to either maintain that level under the new points system or at the end of the 30 days, whatever level it has dropped down to will be our new level.
It only seems fair, to give warning too... (see #4)

4. Of course Ray probably will do this, but other than notices at the top of the rotating page news section or other prominent places in the lyrics section and forum sections that there is a new Points system being implemented, how about Ray sending an PM to everyone's "Inbox"

If its like my inbox, I have it linked to my (hidden) real life Email address..

So when an important message appears in the inbox saying its "From Ray: Website Webmaster of LetsSingIt" "Subject new points system" I might be urged in real life to sort of go and check it out.
I make these suggestions above # 1 to 4 as I've noticed there are many who use the player and playlists here on the site... and who have "elite" status because of it... and who just never post in the Forum!

Ergo.....I assume they never read the Forum site or its discussions...

Ergo... I assume a new points system where they are suddenly dropped down from their Elite or Gold or Silver levels to a lower one, with resulting loss of status and sudden disappearing of PM's saved or anything else that I don't know occurrs to the Artist Mods (as I'm not one of them to know all the super benefits one attains being an artist mod) would be lost!

Its not fair to do that "surprise" to your loyal membership here who just are not into communicating on the Forum and therefore might not realize they have to get points by a different method other than staying "on" LetsSingIt site "lurking" is the Internet term for this....
I also know there are many Arist mods who just don't check in their "PM" Email for days and days, as I've sent various messages to them and it might take two weeks for them to check their Email and return a PM!

Life happens!

New Dog/Cat... Car....

Loss of car (i.e. recent member's experience)

all these real life things impact when and where members find the time to work to check up on a social media site and see what changes there are....

So giving them time to adjust to this without any penalties for 30 days might be a good gesture and keep everyone , or most everyone happy (there will still be those who claim they never saw it or who really were away for 30 days visiting Tahiti on duty as their real life job as Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. or whatever they do...

So putting aside all my joking here and there.... maybe its 45 or 60 days to convert the system over?

Or even in stages (depends upon how complicated it is for Ray to do this and how nice you want to be to the long time members who just have gotten lazy and don't look at their Email or PM or even in past 12 years maybe moved off the older Email and made a new address they are using daily....so the PM message about LetsSingIt does get to them, but in a seldom accessed Email account (I must have at least 2 or 4 I just keep alive for free just like that---too lazy to kill it off as I'd have to migrate all the places that send notifications to that account to a newer one! Pain in the ______(you pick the body part) to do that!

----
OK end of my first post, with a few ideas I thought of right away for the membership to comment, or take apart, or hey..... if you don't like mine.....WRITE YOUR OWN ideas here....

Plenty of blank space below:
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 04-08-2016 14:59
Couldn't it just be posted in your thread that's still active?
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 04-08-2016 15:25
Good point as always Jeff! (there I used the speedy clapping smiley!)

I posted those questions in the "Support" category for answers and help and to get others (who did) to respond too with their questions.

But I posted in "Killer Ideas" the same topic, this time with ideas and suggestions, not asking for help and since these are not written as real questions, I'm not expecting any answers by Ray.

In Killer Ideas topic area, we make suggestions, and either he uses them and we see the results or he doesn't and at least I posted them (and who knows if someone like you Jeff) actually takes the time to read my suggestions and maybe you have some suggestions of your own on how the new system will work.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 04-08-2016 16:48
I suggest 30 days/1 month?

Wasn't that in the first VIP system, active from 2007 till 2013? I remember it was updated every month!
Ray
Ray | 04-08-2016 16:52
Good memory
The once-a-month update... good old times
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 04-08-2016 18:32
Before my time Celine and Ray!

Am I correct in that the current VIP system is a more "real time" system updating each night (at some set time) based upon the prior 100 days average? or Highest level? I'm just writing to get a response as to if that is correct.
Ray
Ray | 04-08-2016 20:17
very correct
roxcyn
roxcyn | 07-08-2016 07:13
Will we get a copy of the new points system when everything is said and done? Thank you!
Ray
Ray | 09-08-2016 22:20
New round of updates

- leaderboards are live
- all-members activity list replaced with new system
- online and new members lists refreshed
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 09-08-2016 22:22
Ray these are all awesome features!
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 10-08-2016 01:06
Thanks for all your hard work!

And thanks for placing the links in that post so we can all see the new items! Great idea doing that!
roxcyn
roxcyn | 10-08-2016 01:10
I love it!
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 10-08-2016 01:26
Guess I'm not doing so hot... : (

7 day average is just 47, (48 with this and prior post here)

Not even "Gold" VIP Status...

and for my 100 day moving average.....

a paltry 9 points!

Just a level 2, Bronze VIP level....well, I'll have to be satisfied with that for a long time to come.....(Better empty my PM and anything else that might be effected by my drop in status here!)

Sigh.... I'm so sorry Jeff, Jeremy and others....

I'm going to just have to post more of my long ramblings to catch up!

Hope you understand......

And Ray, I have nothing against the new system, its great!

I'm just commenting here in public...for the ones here who always skipped reading my longer postings! (There is going to be a lot more of them now) (Hope I didn't type this too long to say what I wanted to say here!).
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 10-08-2016 01:34
You'll get there man.
Ray
Ray | 10-08-2016 11:52
Not even "Gold" VIP Status...

When these points will be the base for the vip levels eventually, also the required points will be renewed. So trying to map the "new" points to the current "old" vip-points requirements is comparing apples with bananas. Could be funny to try though
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 10-08-2016 16:07
As close as Google will let me:

comparing apples and oranges
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 10-08-2016 16:08
Hahahaha.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: