1 to 25 of 48 comments
page 1 of 2
roxcyn
roxcyn | 03:55
Yes
Yup, we still have ours.
Captain_Keeta
No
Cellphones are a thing plus landlines are just a waste of money now.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 03:59
We use ours for various reasons (such as faxes).
megdoll187
megdoll187 | 05:03
Yes
It was hooked to Magic Jacks for a while bc my husband SUCKS at answering his cell (which is always on silent) but so do I

We haven't paid it in a while. So we have a non-working phone
Joeyy
Joeyy | 05:11
Yes
And here I thought everyone did. :p
roxcyn
roxcyn | 05:14
Nice, Meg. We didn't like it as you can't send faxes with it. Dang, I thought most people didn't have it. Maybe we're all awesome?
ASonicJunkie
ASonicJunkie | 11:09
Yes
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 21:32
No
Haven't used one for nearly 10 years.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 23:36
No
But unfortunately, my current cell number was our home phone for many years, so I still get calls from advertisement companies/unknown numbers on a regular basis <_< Which is quite annoying - since I don't answer any number I don't know, when someone I know does call that isn't in my contacts, I won't know to answer it. At least voicemail helps me sift out the ones to call back
Joeyy
Joeyy | 16:55
Aren't there companies whose numbers are only free from landlines?
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 17:01
No
A lot of people here now have a fixed monthly cost on their mobiles, so it doesn't matter how much you call. I don't know anyone my age who has a landline.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 17:11
I think it must be different in the UK... I don't know anyone without a landline. This poll has surprised me.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 17:14
It's the little differences that make different countries interesting.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 01:31
Yeah, surprising, I was expecting to see more of the "no"'s.

Nicolas - there are some phone apps to screen calls! Have you tried them?

Lisa - Ours isn't a fixed monthly plan for cellular phones, but we get a lot of minutes.

Joey - if you're plan isn't unlimited (on cell) you can use your landline, but we don't have where you can only call certain numbers from landlines.
Alaskancaptain
Yes
I actually have 11 working handsets and 3 bases.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 05:22
Nicolas - there are some phone apps to screen calls! Have you tried them?

I haven't. What do they do, exactly?
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 05:24
But the landline phone is easily recognizable by a wire between the receiver and the base? That's what I said by clicking "no" and "haven't used one for nearly 10 years". I thought wireless phones (not the cell phones) didn't count as "landline phones".

And since last year, mine uses the FTTH connection. So it's not considered as landline either.

*Rates the thread with a lonely star*

I'm very sorry, Scott. What should have I answered instead?
saina
saina | 15:50
Yes
CaptainStabbin
No
Nope, haven't had one in 7 or 8 years
roxcyn
roxcyn | 19:56
(Alaskancaptain) I actually have 11 working handsets and 3 bases.

Wow! Do you have a home business?

(Nicolas) I haven't. What do they do, exactly?

Just switched to one recently. You get a virtual assistant and they email you the voicemails while still getting a mail box. They have premium plans, but the free one is fine with me. They have an option to push block. [/quote]

(Céline) What should have I answered instead?

I think if it's VOIP it's technically still a landline, just through the internet.

Thanks for voting, Joe!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 04:03
But the landline phone is easily recognizable by a wire between the receiver and the base? That's what I said by clicking "no" and "haven't used one for nearly 10 years". I thought wireless phones (not the cell phones) didn't count as "landline phones".

Ours is cordless (no wire). I think most probably are now.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 04:17
All of ours is, except one. The wireless home phones don't work if there's a power outage, but the corded phone will.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 04:28
Ours is cordless (no wire). I think most probably are now.

But Joey, that's not a landline one! Landline phones cannot be wireless now!

So did I do wrong by clicking "no"?
roxcyn
roxcyn | 04:30
Yes, it's still a landline, Céline. They have cordless home phones and the traditional ones.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 04:31
Oh dear! Scott, I'm sorry. I didn't know that Internet lines like FTTH could count as landlines.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: