en

Remove this artist please

Follow 8
Add topic
Search
Ray
Ray | 21-01-2016 14:09
Remove an artist

Found an artist that needs to be removed? You can do that here. Of course, be 100% sure the artist needs to be removed. Check Wikipedia or Google or any other resources. Include this info in you post, that is very helpful for the reviewers!

So, when do we remove artists?

1. Duplicate

We do not want duplicate artists. The may be variations with incorrect spellings. These maps need to be deleted. But before doing that, we need to transfer the content from the misspelled artist to the artist with the correct spelling (see instructions how to do that below).

2. Incorrect "type"

Names have an "artist" type or "movie/TV show/compilation/...". If the artist is actually a movie, it needs to be deleted and recreated as a movie. Note that flipping the type between artist and movie types is not possible.

3. Non-existing

Artists that do not exist (fake) obviously need to be removed.

When not to remove an artist

1. The artist is misspelled

If the artist is misspelled and an artist with the correct spelling does not already exists, then simply request a name change in the Rename This Artist Please topic.

2. The artist changed their name

It's not uncommon that artists change their names. On LSI we add this new name as new map and link the old name to this new map. No deleting of any artists is involved here. For artist name changes you can use the New Way Of Dealing With Artist Name Changes.

How to submit a removal request in this topic

1. mention the artist name that needs to be removed
2. link the name to its map using the LSI artist-tag
3. mention the reason for removal
4. if content of the artist needs to be transferred to another map (for example to the artist with the correct spelling that is also listed on LSI) add+ link this artist name.

*text updated 24-09-2020 by Ray*
151 to 175 of 199 comments
page 7 of 8
music_junkie
music_junkie | 03-05-2018 10:41
that album tracklist does not have a song named shiver. even if shiver is an alt name for an artist it still doesn't belong on coldplays song title of that name and SFS didn't do a song by this title Ft. Coldplay - see my concern?

ie there is a band SFS, but this song by them doesn't exist and should not be ft Coldplay
San Francisco's Shiver feat. Coldplay - Shiver

i just signed up as SFS mod hoping to at least remove coldplay as ft artist but can't because my 1st remove song request still out there.. what prob should happen is remove coldplay then remove song from SFS as fake/nonexistent

wish this wasn't such a tedious process..
music_junkie
music_junkie | 03-05-2018 10:46
also my original request about the song was pertaining to coldplay not SFS as i said it was erroneously added to lsi with the coldplay song named shiver as a primary artist name. but then you modified the artist name from just Shiver to SFS.. lol.

so now idk what becomes of my original dup song removal for coldplay
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 03-05-2018 14:00
music_junkie, please just wait for the Coldplay duplicate to get removed. It can only be removed once Ray goes through the queue. He understands that the artist name has been renamed and that the song is still in the wrong map, regardless of the current artist name. After that, we will repurpose the map to contain the discography of San Francisco's Shiver. Thanks.
Lyrics_Lover_11
Lyrics_Lover_11 | 11-08-2018 15:10
Drake & Future

These are two separate artists who had one album of collabs together. I've added the album to the main artist and tagged the other appropriately.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 11-08-2018 16:38
TT, they didn't do a collab album?
Lyrics_Lover_11
Lyrics_Lover_11 | 11-08-2018 18:50
There is an album by both Drake and Future where they are both credited and perform in all of the songs together. It's called What a Time to Be Alive. It's from 2015. It's on spotify, genius, and a few other sites.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 11-08-2018 22:53
Okay, because that's why that version (Drake & Future)was created. I don't think it should be deleted then, right? However, a good resource to ask is Nicolas or Ray.
Lyrics_Lover_11
Lyrics_Lover_11 | 11-08-2018 22:55
Each artist has their own listings. I created the album and listed them both as the main artists so it shows on both of their profiles. I don't think they should have a duet profile. I guess we will see what they say.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 12-08-2018 20:57
Lyrics_Lover_11 is correct, Scott. Ray implemented the option to add multiple main artists to an album for this very purpose, to get rid of these one-off collaboration pages and have the album appear in both respective artists' maps.

I'll work on sorting this out; unfortunately artist mods still can't delete items instantly but I will get these sent through the queue for review.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 13-08-2018 02:55
Ok, cook to know!
svaraej
svaraej | 20-08-2018 18:56
Hi!

Frispråkaren is a misspelled duplicate of Frispråkarn.

All songs have been moved to the correct one already.

Best regards
roxcyn
roxcyn | 20-08-2018 19:19
Done!
tabbydog
tabbydog | 28-08-2018 14:31
I noticed that you mentioned Wikipedia as a good resource, I would also recommend using Discogs. As an example "The Drifters" profile has a sections on former names, Aliases and variations. I have copied and pasted this as an example for you.

Sites: originaldrifters.com, thedrifters.co.uk, Wikipedia, whosampled.com, uncamarvy.com

Aliases: Clyde McPhatter & The Drifters, The Original Drifters

Members: Andrew Thrasher, Ben E. King, Bill Fredericks, Bill Pinkney, Charles Baskerville, David Baughan, Dock Green, Grant Kitchings, Jimmy Milner, Jimmy Oliver, John Moore (5), Johnny Terry, Johnny Thunder, Milton Turner, Rick Sheppard (5), Roy Gee Hemmings, Rudy Lewis, Sir Charles Hughes, Tommy Evans (8), William Davis (2), Winifred Terry

Variations: The Drifters, Drifters, The Difters, The Drifter Sound, The Drifters (Los Viajeros), The Drifters Featuring Ben E. King, The Drifters With Ben E. King, The Rhythmakers, Дрифтерз, ドリフターズ

This site's address is; https://www.discogs.com/artist/269102-The-Drifters

Often, this site can clear up problems when a name is duplicated because two or more artist may not share countries and times. Recently, I logged two artists who had very similar names, Nino D'Angelo and Nino De Angelo. One artist chose their name to ride on the back of the other artist's success. Discogs cleared up my confusion.
Ray
Ray | 03-09-2018 10:36
Nice info on Discogs indeed. What aliases or former names would you like to see added to "The Drifters"?
svaraej
svaraej | 27-09-2018 00:49
Yellow Man is a misspelled duplicate of Yellowman without any lyrics or albums.

/svaraej
music_junkie
music_junkie | 31-10-2018 21:24
DUPLICATE ARTIST - needs removed please
Pink

Nothing needs transferred, there is no content in the index for the above artist name. the correct artist is listed here: P!nk
music_junkie
music_junkie | 31-10-2018 21:31
Remove artist Mya Shawna.

Found a song by Marques Houston feat. Mya Shawna - Hold N' Back which erroneously listed 2 artists (Mýa& Shawna) as a single non-existant artists. I put in request to remove the erroneous fictional name.

also that song will now have a duplicate since the correct title and correct feat artists already exists... sorry i didnt catch that before i put in the feat. artist correction, so now i cant request duplicate removal!
roxcyn
roxcyn | 03-11-2018 04:07
Done. I don't see the dup in the songs though.
music_junkie
music_junkie | 08-11-2018 21:17
now that im a supermod i thought id be able to remove the fake/duplicate artist PINK since that artist link i posted previously is still working, so tried to remove but got this error :

Sorry, Page Not Found

The page "https://www.letssingit.com/artist-3bzgv" you requested cannot be found. Maybe the page has been removed or the link you followed is broken.

just now i tried searching that artist to tag in this post, but can't find it.. there is a BLANK NAME under the correct name in the search field.. is it possible someone tried to delete the fake artist but is not really gone from the system yet?
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 09-11-2018 06:24
Well, I found 2 songs sometime ago, including What About Us at that Pink page and asked for both songs to be merged. I did not remove the artist Pink.
Ray
Ray | 09-11-2018 11:47
I think that Pink page is pulled from (LetsSingIt) cache. The entire Pink map has been removed some while ago. That's why the link doens't work "The page "https://www.letssingit.com/artist-3bzgv" you requested cannot be found". So evertyhing looks fine.
music_junkie
music_junkie | 10-11-2018 10:54
thanks for the pink/p!nk infos.. just making sure we're not going to see new content linked to the wrong artist again, so ray if u think we're good, then we're good!
roxcyn
roxcyn | 11-11-2018 07:33
Nope, it goes to that page when you delete something. It has to be completely blank with no songs under the artist, and legitimately a fake artist. Congrats on your promotion!
ATESGUNES
ATESGUNES | 29-06-2020 13:25
Hello dear moderators
This time I found an artist duplicated. Can you remove her?

Yengi Askyn Nur

Because there is true one too. Thanks very much.
ATESGUNES
ATESGUNES | 18-07-2020 17:21
Hello dear moderators
This time I found another artist duplicated. Can you remove him?

Ibrahim Tatlisses

Because there is true one too. Thanks very much.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: