en

Remove this artist please

Follow 8
Add topic
Search
Ray
Ray | 21-01-2016 14:09
Remove an artist

Found an artist that needs to be removed? You can do that here. Of course, be 100% sure the artist needs to be removed. Check Wikipedia or Google or any other resources. Include this info in you post, that is very helpful for the reviewers!

So, when do we remove artists?

1. Duplicate

We do not want duplicate artists. The may be variations with incorrect spellings. These maps need to be deleted. But before doing that, we need to transfer the content from the misspelled artist to the artist with the correct spelling (see instructions how to do that below).

2. Incorrect "type"

Names have an "artist" type or "movie/TV show/compilation/...". If the artist is actually a movie, it needs to be deleted and recreated as a movie. Note that flipping the type between artist and movie types is not possible.

3. Non-existing

Artists that do not exist (fake) obviously need to be removed.

When not to remove an artist

1. The artist is misspelled

If the artist is misspelled and an artist with the correct spelling does not already exists, then simply request a name change in the Rename This Artist Please topic.

2. The artist changed their name

It's not uncommon that artists change their names. On LSI we add this new name as new map and link the old name to this new map. No deleting of any artists is involved here. For artist name changes you can use the New Way Of Dealing With Artist Name Changes.

How to submit a removal request in this topic

1. mention the artist name that needs to be removed
2. link the name to its map using the LSI artist-tag
3. mention the reason for removal
4. if content of the artist needs to be transferred to another map (for example to the artist with the correct spelling that is also listed on LSI) add+ link this artist name.

*text updated 24-09-2020 by Ray*
1 to 25 of 199 comments
page 1 of 8
DonnyW
DonnyW | 21-01-2016 21:19
I just signed up as moderator for "The Tenors". They also have a separate listing as "Canadian Tenors" as they were originally known. Since the release of their 3rd album they are known as "The Tenors."
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 22-01-2016 01:37
E-40 (right)
E40 (wrong)
Ray
Ray | 26-01-2016 22:30
Updated
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 27-01-2016 00:28
Great!

Just checked everything, one leftover from the stuff on Moderation Repetition:

JR JR (right)
JR JR. (wrong)

Also, there's still many songs on RÜFÜS's page that belong to the '70s funk band Rufus. It seems a separate page was created for them here so it's just a matter of transferring.
DonnyW
DonnyW | 27-01-2016 01:27
This probably doesn't belong here but I don't know where to go with it since I haven't been moderating for long.
I was moderating the artist Disciple and there are 2 albums listed for them that do not belong to them - maybe there is a different band with the same name . I'm a big fan of this band and know for a fact these 2 albums do not belong to them. It will not allow me to delete them, either.
The albums are:
Disciple - Disciples Ghost [2004]
Disciple - Come & See Us As We Are [2007]

If there is another thread for this type of thing please let me know!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 27-01-2016 01:33
One of them (haven't checked the other) is on Amazon here - you're sure it's not them?
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 27-01-2016 01:35
There are other bands named Disciple. Donny is talking about the Christian metal band, formed in 1992. The album Come And See Us As We Are is from another band by the same name (1970).
Joeyy
Joeyy | 27-01-2016 01:39
Since you know which band it belongs to, perhaps you can transfer the album?
DonnyW
DonnyW | 27-01-2016 01:46
Right, Celine! "My" Disciple is a Christian band so the "explicit" lyrics confirm that it's a different band.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 27-01-2016 01:50
Super artist mods can move or delete the ones you can't (which I think happens when they're popular?). Maybe there should be a separate thread for this? Ray?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 28-01-2016 02:05
Aphex Twin (right)
Aphex Twins (wrong)
Caustic Window (wrong)
Polygon Window (wrong)

The last two are alternate aliases Aphex Twin used for one album, but as the OP of this thread says, they should all be made search aliases of Aphex Twin (Richard D. James' most-used name).
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 28-01-2016 21:22
Miles Davis (right)
Miles Davis Quintet (wrong)

Some albums of his were credited to "Miles Davis Quintet", but there shouldn't be a separate page for the "quintet" since it was just an alternate name he used (his backing band was the same even on the albums under simply "Miles Davis"). Everything should go under Miles Davis.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-01-2016 00:48
Scatman John (right)
John Larkin (wrong)

Another case of multiple names an artist used. He went under John Larkin on some jazz albums he put out before he released under Scatman John. It should all go under the Scatman John archive.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 30-01-2016 05:07
Lory Bianco (right)
Bonnie Bianco (wrong)

I transferred all lyrics to the former.
ASonicJunkie
ASonicJunkie | 30-01-2016 07:00
The Notorious B.I.G. (Correct)

Biggie Smalls (Incorrect - Needs Removed)

Biggie smalls is a nickname of The Notorious B.I.G, thank you!
roxcyn
roxcyn | 30-01-2016 09:44
* offtopic :
Junkie, I added it as one of the AKA on the main artist.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-01-2016 19:00
Krystal Harris (right)
Krystal (wrong)
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-01-2016 19:44
Savant (right)
Vinter In Hollywood (wrong)

Both are different aliases that Aleksander Vinter uses. He most famously goes under Savant, so anything from his other aliases can go under it as well.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 30-01-2016 21:12
There already is an artist/band named Krystal.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-01-2016 21:25
Good to know I had a feeling there would be, but everything on Krystal's page belonged to Krystal Harris, so I figured I should post it here anyways so the dupes could get deleted.
DonnyW
DonnyW | 31-01-2016 20:39
Just to re-visit my previous "Disciple" post - the Come and See Us As We Are album is now gone (Thanks, Celine! ) but Disciple - Disciples Ghost [2004] is still there but definitely does not belong to this group. In fact, I can't find ANY info 'bout it from Discogs or even Googling it. It must really be a ghost album! So if someone could make it disappear I'd really appreciate it!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 31-01-2016 21:33
3G's (right)
3 G's (wrong)
DonnyW
DonnyW | 01-02-2016 23:48
Thanks to whoever vaporized "Disciples Ghost"! Was that you Celine?
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 01-02-2016 23:49
Yes, Donny, that was me.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: