LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Memorial Tab for people who have had an impact at this site

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 19-10-2015 22:37
I was going to post this on "Phil's" page but out of respect for him, decided this more general topic would be best for Killer Ideas.

I read Lisa's description of Phil and it seems I missed out on his presence here, as it encompassed 7 years (2003-2010) before I joined the site.

When I first joined I did see someone else pass, who was also missed by many here... but I am sad that I can't remember who it was...

This is the internet where people and their words can live forever!

How about a "memorial" space? It would be sort of like Carl's thread of Memorial, so I'm not duplicating that--his thread is mostly those outside of this Forum/site, but who are musically important end up listed there.

I was thinking (for Ray to create) similar to that which we have a "Museum" for the LSI websites various formats history, that if we can have a nomination process like a real "hall of fame of rock and roll" would have... we can nominate people to appear in A Memorial that is a Tab like the LetsSingIt Museum etc are tabs here.

It is not a "hall of fame" that we currently have as that is just for those with the most activity, and by definition this Memorial Tab would be only for those who are no longer with us (left site or have passed) and want to be remembered.

That way, a new person like myself can find the name and nickname (using the example posted by Lisa today of Phil and [andro] to find their other postings in here.

* offtopic :
Since I was editing this for a while I saw Sarah's post about the "Andro" award was named after his Username, which I did not know of course---so things like that would and could be listed in a heading under Phil's name in the Memorial Tab (forever!) in his memory.
10 comments
roxcyn
roxcyn | 22-10-2015 03:47
That sounds like a good idea Practice!
megdoll187
megdoll187 | 22-10-2015 03:48
Was it Tiff? Nefariouslady_t

She was very well liked and was in a devastating accident
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 22-10-2015 03:55
I joined here July 2014 so it was around August or September of that year that someone was mentioned as passing away.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 22-10-2015 04:00
I can't think who else it might be (preparing to feel terrible if I've forgotten someone). Tiff occasionally comes up in conversation, so might we have been talking about someone who hadn't died that year?
megdoll187
megdoll187 | 22-10-2015 04:03
Tiff passed away in 2010 and that's the only other person I know of. I think I left shortly after that.
Chatroom wasn't the same afterwards for me.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 22-10-2015 04:06
Sorry to learn of that as reason you left Meg.... Welcome back then! See who else is new here for you to talk to !
megdoll187
megdoll187 | 22-10-2015 04:07
I completely agree though!
I like this idea

There were some amazing people you all missed out on
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 22-10-2015 04:11
I agree Meg---I'll learn who I missed out on....

If enough vote "likes" or whatever is needed for Ray to make a "tab" for this, then the next question is who will see the nominations for this category? It should not just be like Carl's memorial site, as then anyone and everyone might end up there as you can't see the forest for the trees...

Note I said this is for those who have made an "impact upon the site", and is missed by all----not just everyone who left for one reason or another......
Ray
Ray | 18-02-2016 14:50
Hey guys, I think the idea is very good But I'm not sure if it's "doable". It's difficult how to define the criteria of "who made an impact upon the site". With these sort of selection things it's easy to offend people, because the criteria is a personal matter. So I'm very careful always with these ideas.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 18-02-2016 16:51
Thanks Ray!

A quick suggestion to see what others think....

How about those who are around at the time of the person we want to honor this way and are familiar with what they have done for the site, have to "vote" him/her in?

Its just like the Rock and Roll http://rockhall.com/ (Cleveland, Ohio, USA) and other "Halls of Fame" or built "Memorials"---you get voted in by your peers (the general public can't vote!)

So arbitrarily I suggest anyone who has a "one" star rating or higher (at the time) is both able to "nominate" someone for this honor as well as being eligible to vote. I make this differentiation as maybe the others here at the site do not participate enough in the Forum and postings and comments to merit a vote?

Not against anyone or anyone's efforts here its Just a suggestion on how to make such voting manageable, or maybe there is a way to limit voting also by time period as we do in the "Guess Who?" game.

Criteria for nominations can be written up as we go along and changed as need be.

Open for suggestions and reactions to this from all!
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: