LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

A "save draft" option for PMs

Follow 3
Add topic
Search
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 08-10-2015 19:52
Now that we just got a preview button for PMs on the new site layout, it would be a great help if we had a "save draft" option too. I PM other users occasionally, and recently Roxcyn stated his frustration at the site, as he ended up losing an entire PM that he was in the middle of sending me twice. This happened to me once before, too, and I could relate - it's extremely frustrating to have to re-type an entire message and try to remember everything you said, especially if you were well into it.

Thus, I think a sort of "save draft" feature for PMs (maybe even posts too) would be of great use. There's several ways we could approach this. On most forums, the "save draft" feature is automatic, and it automatically saves the post or PM content every few minutes, and on some forums it's a manual button you can press (sometimes even both are utilized).
4 comments
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 09-10-2015 03:54
Thanks for opening the topic, and the idea, Nicolas.

My usual procedure at LetsSingIt has been to compose (by voice or type) on a word processor, save the file, make corrections, and when I feel its ready then open up the PM or Forum Advanced Comment window and paste it in there. Having one "draft" function to save a file would help me eliminate all those steps (maybe I'd still compose a rough draft outside the Forum as it goes faster on a full word processor that I'm familiar with and has multiple functions which the window here at LetsSingIt does not yet).

But I have a question that I can't answer myself since I'm not a artist moderator.

Is there any saving of drafts of the longer/lengthy items Artist Moderators create for the artists like the "Biography" or "Lyrics" fields? Or is it only like I see here in the forum, an open page with a place to type until it is "saved" to the artist's page. (I know people can "contribute" to an artist with these too---so are they written out once only before pressing "save" or are they editable by the poster/moderator before the community or the artist moderator gets to view them? That would be a form of a "draft" saved if that is what happens).

If the answers to the above is all "no", then would not having the ability to save a "draft" be of great assistance to the Artist Moderators? I bring up the topic for others to chime in with their views since I do not have that opportunity open to myself ---not yet at least...soon I hope.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 11-10-2015 03:10
Thanks PP - that's a good work around that I didn't think about. It would be nice if the posts could be saved temporarily so we don't lose them.
Ray
Ray | 18-11-2015 21:05
Added to the to-do list
roxcyn
roxcyn | 20-11-2015 03:36
You're the best, Ray!
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: