LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en
Follow 6
Add topic
Search
Ray
Ray | 13-05-2015 19:23
Found a spelling error or any other contextual error on LetsSingIt? Let me know in here!

Only spelling errors that are related with the LetsSingIt website go in here, to correct spelling errors in content like lyrics, song titles, etc, please use the regular correct forms.
101 to 125 of 315 comments
page 5 of 13
Joeyy
Joeyy | 30-08-2015 00:11
* offtopic :
If someone posts in the wrong thread, we direct them to the right one with friendliness. Mistakes happen. It's easy to see how someone might think "spelling error" refers to an artist's name if they believe the artist name is incorrectly spelled - even if they're mistaken.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-08-2015 00:49
Right I wasn't trying to sound mean (I never am, really) but I guess I can see how it could be perceived that way. Apologies.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 04-09-2015 20:41
On the Privacy Policy page, under Personal Information:

The email address is used to send you a registration confirmation including activation link to active your account. The other personal details are used for display on your profile.

I think this would sound better as, "The email address is used to send you a registration confirmation, including an activation link to activate your account. The other personal details are displayed on your profile."
Ray
Ray | 11-09-2015 11:11
Up to date! ... unless I missed something... not the first time Anyways, nice work!

Interesting talk about the missing apostrophe in the sitename. The name came from the domainname. I think we can see the name as a product/logo, not as a word. That would justify not using the apostrophe right?

PracticePractic definitely knows the technical stuff. Changing urls is never a preferred method. It not only gives a lot of extra technical work, it's also the question how SEO reacts to it (although the negative should be minimal with the right redirects/canonical url in place).

An apostrophe, by the way, is a reserved character and needs to be percent-encoded. I've been experimenting a bit with allowing more (percent-encoded) characters in urls, since Céline brough up this url issue. Example of new url.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 11-09-2015 16:21
Member profiles still say "Favoriste Artists" instead of "Favorite Artists". Ray, you're fired.
Ray
Ray | 11-09-2015 16:35

fixed
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 11-09-2015 16:39
Reinstated, sir.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 11-09-2015 20:20
Good going, Ray! We appreciate that you can update this thread on a regular basis now.

As for the apostrophe in the site name - yeah, I know. I was just stating that I always thought the site name looked weird without an apostrophe. Admittedly, when I first discovered this site years ago, I got the impression that whoever created the site made a typo in the site name but never bothered to change it. Of course, now I know that's not true. But yeah, obviously it's too late (and impossible) to change anything now.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 11-09-2015 20:20
Anyways, just like before, further errors were created in this update - not as many, though. I can't help but wonder how long this chain reaction will continue! Hopefully not much longer. And I also found some other things that could be fixed (again) while checking these.
-----
On the About page when editing songs:

You can use other websites for inspiration, but please write as much as you can your in own words.

You almost had it, Ray - you just inserted the "your" in the wrong place It should be "please write as much as you can in your own words."
----------
Also on the About page when editing songs, there's this under "Information that can be entered":

Is the song dedicated to somebody or something.

Considering what's before it is an idea and not a question, I think this should be re-worded as "If the song is dedicated to somebody or something."
----------
On the Museum page, under LetsSingIt Design:

Interested in how LetsSingIt looked like during the previous years?

You added the "previous" but didn't remove the "the". I don't think a "the" is really needed here, just "during previous years" sounds good.
----
On the About us page:

Or you can start a thread in our forum, or leave a message on our Facebook page!

Having "or" twice in this sentence sounds strange. How about "Alternatively, you can start a thread in our forum, or leave a message on our Facebook page!"
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 11-09-2015 20:53
A few minor things on the Contact page:

Under the Music Content section:

The moderator is mentioned at the pages of the specific artist.

This is per the old site layout, where the name of the moderator was on the left bar on all of the artist's pages. However, it should be updated to mention that you can find artist moderators under the "Contribute" button now. Perhaps, "If the artist has a moderator, they will be listed under the "Contribute" button on the top right. If the artist doesn't have a moderator, you can contact one of our site moderators instead." Maybe something like that? You could also link to the list of site moderators in the second sentence. It's up to you how you want to phrase that, but as long as it mentions finding the artist moderator under the "Contribute" button, that's the main thing that needs fixing.
----
Also under Music Content:

It contains thousands and thousands of topics and probably there is already a topic related to your question.

Should be fixed to "there is probably already a topic related to your question".
----
Under the Advertising section:

For advertising information and inquiries please contact Aisha.

Missing a comma after "inquiries".
------
Under the "Other questions" section:

[...]you can contact the webmaster Ray through email at ray@letssingit.com or LSI messenger.

Should be "or the LSI messenger".
Ray
Ray | 24-09-2015 20:28
Nice work! I made the corrections, and re-corrections..... and re-re-corrections
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 24-09-2015 20:53
Looks good this time around! I don't see any errors, so I guess the chain of errors is finally broken I see you completely re-worded the Music Content section on the Contact page - a lot better than what I had in mind. After thinking about it, it's probably best we keep the contact page simple and not too in-depth, since we have help pages to describe artist moderators anyways.
Ray
Ray | 24-09-2015 20:59
^^ exactly
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 24-09-2015 21:13
These may be more subjective than other stuff I've posted here, but something about them just sounds off to me. I'll see what you think, though.

On the Set Avatar dialog box in your profile options:

An avatar is the small picture displayed next to your nickname throughout the site. Click on the picture you would like to use as an avatar. If you can't find a suitable picture, upload a new one first here.

"An avatar" would maybe sound better as "Your avatar" in this context. It starts off sounding like a general dictionary definition but then segues into how avatars are on this site specifically, so I think it would be appropriate to use "your" instead of "an".

Also, the last sentence can probably work without the odd "here" placement - so maybe "If you can't find a suitable picture, upload a new one first." The link to upload a picture can then be put on the text "upload a new one first" or just "upload".
---------
On the "Edit Profile Picture" dialog box in your profile options, under "Edit Picture":

Use the zoom and drag options to finetune the picture.

"Finetune" should be hyphenated ("fine-tune").

Also, the same sentence "If you can't find a suitable picture, upload a new one first here." is on this dialog box under "Select Picture", so it can be fixed on both.
-----
On the News page, some more questionable "here" placements:

Follow here what your friends are doing on LetsSingIt. Find here the activity of all members on LetsSingIt.

Besides the "here"s, using the same sentence structure twice without a transitional word/phrase sounds a bit repetitive. How about, "Follow what your friends are doing on LetsSingIt here. You can also find the activity of all members on LetsSingIt here."
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 26-09-2015 23:11
Some more minor wording fixes.

On artist pages, when no biography is present:

Unfortunately we don't have any information yet about this artist. If you have any information about this artist, it would be great if you can submit it to us.

Would sound better as, "Unfortunately, we don't have any information about this artist yet. If you have any information about this artist, it would be great if you could submit it to us."
-------
On song pages with no lyrics:

If you have the lyrics of this song, it would be great if you can submit these.

"These" should be "them", and "can" should be "could".

We at LetsSingIt do our best to provide all songs with lyrics, we have a large team of moderators working on this day and night.

This comma isn't used correctly - the second part should just be its own sentence. Either that, or an "and" should be added after the comma. Either one would be correct.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 28-09-2015 22:19
Under the Contribute button on artist pages:

Since this artist has no moderator, the material goes into the public review corner where other members will review it. This typically take a couple of days.

Should be "takes".
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 03-10-2015 15:02
Found quite a few in the "Moderator for (artist)" PMs that we receive when we moderate an artist - surprised I didn't notice these sooner Probably because I don't read the content of the PMs anymore.

In the first part of the PM:

Your moderator request for the (artist) has been accepted! You're now responsible for all content in the (artist) map and your job as moderator is to keep it up to date and correct.

These "the"s are unnecessary here (especially redundant if the artist's name starts with "the"! ) In addition to the second "the" being removed, there should be an apostrophe-s added to the artist in that sentence. So, "You're now responsible for all content in (artist)'s map".
---------
Under "Getting Started":

To keep content up to date and corrent, use the moderator tools that now appear on all (artist) pages.

Should be "correct".
---------
Under "Review":

This queue can be found on the page moderator review.

Should be "on the moderator review page".
-------------
Under "Important Notes":

And when you do not review items in the review queue within 4 weeks, it will be transfered to the public-review system where other members can review it.

Should be "transferred".
-----------
Under "Want to moderate more artists?":

Check the list with unmodded artists. For more info check the help section. For questions check the artist moderators section in the forum.

The "with" would be better as "of", and there's some commas missing. So, "Check the list of unmodded artists. For more info, check the help section. For questions, check the artist moderators section in the forum."
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 06-10-2015 01:56
On top of the content check, next to the two stars it says "Content is missing.". This is a bit ambiguous because the other stars can represent missing content as well. Therefore, I think this should be clarified and expanded into something like "The item has content missing" or something like that, because I see the two stars on, for example, songs that are missing albums. So it doesn't represent entire missing content, per se, just parts of an item have stuff missing.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 13-10-2015 23:52
On the Submit & Request page, under Submit:

New artist (or movies, TV shows, etc.)

This starts off singular with new "artist" and then abruptly changes to plural with "movies" and "TV shows". Since we can only add one at a time, I think the singular form of these would be preferable. So instead it can be changed to "New artist (or movie, TV show, etc.)"
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 18-10-2015 20:51
When adding a non-artist in the public review, under the Year box:

For movies, games, commercials, etc., this is the year it came out. For TV items, festivals, etc., the year is when it was first shown.

To stay consistent with the sentence format, this should be "For TV shows, festivals, etc., this is the year it was first shown."
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 24-10-2015 14:13
When adding a song to an artist page that is already in the review queue, this red dialog box appears:

This song is already in the queue. This means that they are not in the archive yet, but waiting for review. After the review they'll added in the archive.

For some reason this switches from singular to plural, referring to the one song as "they". So it should be, "This song is already in the queue. This means that it is not in the archive yet, but is waiting for review. After it gets reviewed, it will be added to the archive."
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 26-10-2015 02:22
After reporting a comment:

Thank you, the comment has been reported. One of the LSI moderators will handle this report asap.

This should be "ASAP", as it is an acronym. Either that or it should just be written out, "as soon as possible". Probably would look better the latter way.

And "the comment" would sound better as "this comment".
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 11-11-2015 14:36
On the description for this board (Support):

Do you need help that is LetsSingIt website related and you didn't find the answer in our help-section?

"Website related" should be hyphenated (website-related).
----
On the description of the main LetsSingIt Forum:

This is the LetsSingIt forum with 74,236 topics, 3,507,407 posts.

It would be a proper sentence if there was an "and" between these, not a comma.
----
On the description of the Poll board:

Want to start a poll to ask the opinion of others about an artist, a song, or something else?

This would sound better as, "Want to start a poll to ask others' opinion on an artist, a song, or something else?"
roxcyn
roxcyn | 12-11-2015 05:50
It would sound better if it says "threads" instead of "topics". I agree that there should be "and" in that sentence, too.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 12-11-2015 11:27
I think either one is fine in this case, it's up to Ray on what he wants to change it to.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: