the internet lyrics database
en
Back to old website
Follow 6
Add topic
Search
Ray
Ray | 19:23
Found a spelling error or any other contextual error on LetsSingIt? Let me know in here!

Only spelling errors that are related with the LetsSingIt website go in here, to correct spelling errors in content like lyrics, song titles, etc, please use the regular correct forms.
26 to 50 of 305 comments
page 2 of 13
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 11:09
* offtopic :
Yeah... not surprised there's spelling/grammar mistakes in the help section seen as I wrote a lot of it.

(Speaking of, that's gonna need a lot of updating for the new layout, whoevers doing that job now.)
PracticePractic
Great work Ray! Very little I can find....others are doing this job better than me.

Found something that might be on every music moderator listing--as it looks like something that is auto-generated by the site's program. I took a photo and circled the two items so you know where it is, as I can't describe how to get there myself...

See photo attached

Compliments on the use of the now standard, blue color for the hyper-links rather than just underline!
PracticePractic
Minor problem--- maybe because I'm on laptop and never get to use or see the great new mobile look.... when I post text from the larger comment/reply box, the line under my avatar with total number of "comments" I that I have made does not reappear until I refresh the page---small glitch reported---fixing other things may just take care of it...but you asked for us to be your eyes and ears on the site and report back from the front to you. ("Salutes!"---sorry no Emoticon yet for that one).

Thanks again for the Edit power for us mere mortals! Allows me to add in to same comment this link showing the problem as I see it

Did I do something wrong? Tried preview of this post too many times... got a longer than normal "timing" circle on computer, then it said "500 error could not process your request" here is photo!
PracticePractic
Hope I'm not stepping on some one's overall web design choices here:

Great idea! Giving us a new icon with the H "Hot topic" in red and W "Warm topic" in red....just wondering if another shade of red can be used for the warm ones---you have a whole internet palette of red shades to choose from, why use just one for two slightly different icons?
Joeyy
Joeyy | 12:41
* offtopic :
Try to stay on-topic, Practice; put suggestions like that in another place. It helps make it easier for Ray to remember what's been said about what.
PracticePractic
* offtopic :
Open to any suggestions Joey as to which thread I should move which items to? I'll repeat the posting in the new/old thread where they belong! (I'm trying not to ask permission before posting, remember?)
PracticePractic
* offtopic :
So where does the phrase: "I like your new Avatar of "Futurama's" Prof. Farnsworth, Joey, go then? Randomness?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 19:34
On the Request page:

So you checked and the song or album os not listed on LetsSingIt yet?

Should be "is".
-----
On the Edit page:

You can mange the music content on LSI yourself.

Should be "manage".
-----
On the Transfer page:

Transferring the song only changes the artist name of the song, all other informationis saved

"informationis" should be two words.
-----
Also, the Remove help pages for songs and albums are outdated, as only super mods can remove things now and not normal users. So both of these pages should be redone to say something like "If you need a song/album deleted, PM a super moderator to do so."
Joeyy
Joeyy | 19:59
I don't think this has been mentioned yet, though it's similar to the avatar one Sierra posted.

For profile pictures:

This tools allows you to edit your profile picture, which is the large picture being displaying on top on all of your pages.

It should be "tool" (singular ) and "of" after "top". Perhaps something like

"This tool allows you to edit your profile picture, which is the large picture displayed at the top of all of your pages."

Also, what other pages is the profile picture displayed on? If it's only on the member page, it can be changed to

"This tool allows you to edit your profile picture, which is the large picture displayed at the top of your member page."

Or even just

"This tool allows you to edit your profile picture, the large picture displayed at the top of your member page."
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 20:12
On the description of the Poetry board on the main forum page:

This is also the right place to publish your own writings (poems, lyrics, etc).

There should be a dot after etc - in other words, take out the period to the right of the parenthese and move it to the left of the parenthese.
-----
A few on the Rules & Penalties page:

-- you flood threads with nonsense, smiley's, or other spam

"Smiley's" shouldn't have an apostrophe.

If you don't follow the rules you'll receive a "yellow card" penalty. A penalty represent points.

Should be "represents".

You ban meter will give you an up to date report of your penalty points.

You ban level has influence on your VIP level.

Both should be "Your".

And in general on this page, all of the spaces before the colons should be removed.
----
And a few more on the Song Edit help page:

Additional artists should be added seperately (see below).

Should be "separately".

Since material submitted by guests is reviewed first, you can enter here comment for the reviewers. Mention here anything that can be helpfull.

Should be "helpful".

For moderators the changes are directly updated in the achive.

Should be "archive".

The emailaddress will not be displayed and is used for contacting purposes only.

"Emailaddress" should be two words.

And with this page as well, all spaces before the colons should be removed.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 20:16
"Since material submitted by guests is reviewed first, you can enter here comment for the reviewers. Mention here anything that can be helpfull."

Should be "helpful".

It should also be "a comment".
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 20:20
Right, thanks Joeyy. Still many typos left to discover around here - I had to put off finding them because it was such a hassle to send them all to Ray given his busy schedule, and then by the time he responded I ended up finding more typos, so this thread is truly a blessing.
------
A lot of similar typos on the Album Edit help page:

For moderators the changes are directly updated in the achive.

Should be "archive".

Since material submitted by guests is reviewed first, you can enter here comment for the reviewers. Mention here anything that can be helpfull.

Should be "helpful". (and like Joeyy said, "a comment")

The emailaddress will not be displayed and is used for contacting purposes only.

"Emailaddress" should be two words.

It is also mentioned on websites like CDs, Wikipedia,Amazon or Bol.

Genre information of albums can be found on for example Wikipedia,Amazon or Bol.

Both instances of this should have a space between the comma for Wikipedia and Amazon (i.e. "Wikipedia, Amazon"). But at the same time, is Bol even around anymore? I did a Google search and couldn't find it, so you may want to just rewrite that as "CDs, Wikipedia, or Amazon".

Don't number the tracks, this is done automatically (line one is track 1, line two is track 2, etc).

Again, etc should have a dot, so move the period to the left of the parenthese and remove it from the right of it.

And yet again, all spaces before the colons on this page should be removed.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 20:50
On all empty album pages:

"Unfortunately we don't have the tracklist of this album named "ALBUM NAME HERE" by "ARTIST NAME HERE" yet. We already added the album on our site without tracklist so that you can tell others what you think of it."

Maybe:

"Unfortunately we don't have the tracklist for the album "ALBUM NAME HERE" by "ARTIST NAME HERE" yet. We have added the album to our site without the tracklist so you can tell others what you think of it."

I don't like the last sentence, the way it's worded, I guess. But it's the first sentence that really needed correction.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 21:12
Yeah, some sentences (in general) are subjective. The "that" is fine; it comes down to personal preference. As long as we don't start obsessing... *Rubs hands together*
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 06:48
In the members area, where it says "whois online" and "whois new" it should be "who is", two words. Also in the links in the drop-down.
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 09:04
I've mentioned that whois thing to Ray before, but he seems to like it like that.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 09:59
But it's wrong. Why does he like it wrong?
Mogwhy
Mogwhy | 11:55
On the moderator sign up page, the last line reads "Why don't you become modeartor". Change to "Why don't you become the moderator"
Joeyy
Joeyy | 12:55
^ And add a question mark if there isn't one.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 13:38
On the Terms of Use page:

Smilies
The smilies used on LetsSingIt are provided by FOK!.

Everywhere else on the site I've seen it spelled as "smileys", so that should be fixed here as well to keep consistent.
-----
On the Benefits help page:

Bookmark you favorite artists and add and songs to your own playlist to and play them with the LetsSingIt Player

"You" should be "your", and this sentence should end with a period.
-----
On the Register help page:

There are two ways to register :

Answer : If you didn't receive the email with in it your password after 5 minutes, the first thing to do is check your junk/spam mail box in case it has gone in there.

The space needs to be taken out before both of these colons.
-----
On the Profile Page help page:

Your profile page shows your personal information (like your name, age location, etc) and your member details (like your activity information, friends, how long you've been a member, when you last logged in, your VIP level, your favorite artists, the artists you moderate, how many sites posts/reviews you have made, etc).

Same deal with the "etc"s as previous instances. The first one should have a dot before the parenthese, and the second one should have the dot removed from the right of the parenthese and added to the left.
-----
On the Messages help page:

You can add an remove folders at your manager folders page.

Should be "and".
Mogwhy
Mogwhy | 16:10
Joeyy - no question mark needed - it's rhetorical
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 16:19
The question mark is there already, Joeyy - but Mogwhy, rhetorical questions still have question marks.

Honestly, I think that entire "Why don't you become moderator for *artist*" is out of place there and should be taken out.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 16:26
I disagree. Although your English teacher might not kill you for missing a question mark off the end of a rhetorical question, they are still questions. They're often accompanied by a question mark. I haven't read anything to suggest this shouldn't be the case.

Perhaps it's subjective, but it seems illogical to me not to have one. Even if an answer isn't expected, it is still a question.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 16:40
Yeah, exactly. I've never heard of a rhetorical question not having a question mark. As the name suggests, it is still a question.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 17:01
* offtopic :
That's weird - I didn't see the post you made before mine when I posted earlier, sorry.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: