LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en
Follow 6
Add topic
Search
Ray
Ray | 13-05-2015 19:23
Found a spelling error or any other contextual error on LetsSingIt? Let me know in here!

Only spelling errors that are related with the LetsSingIt website go in here, to correct spelling errors in content like lyrics, song titles, etc, please use the regular correct forms.
276 to 300 of 315 comments
page 12 of 13
Ray
Ray | 01-03-2020 11:11
Updated! Thanks guys, nice work

One note about the Welcome at LetsSingIt. I think I like better when it's in both the subject and message.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 17-03-2020 01:25
Alright, here I am about to cave and post another pedantic error that I've noticed for ages...

When you attempt to create an artist who already exists in the system, you see this message. It looks a little unnatural to me that there's no period after "This artist already exists", mostly because many other similar site errors do have a period at the end.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 17-03-2020 01:43
Thanks Nicolas---no error too small to make a valuable difference....

Wished I had a human English perfectionist working all over all my variety of posts and writings and also my phone conversations etc etc before I stick my wrong foot into the right fix.... [sentence without auto-grammar--and with dangling participles, wrong usage]
Ray
Ray | 09-04-2020 11:03
there's no period after "This artist already exists"

Fixed! Nice Thanks. I also "period-tized" 25+ other error notifications without a period
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 11-04-2020 16:18
Fantastic! That should make things a lot more consistent

And now, continuing the series of "minor grammatical errors that have been bugging me for ages"...

I always thought that those "Content updated of your artists" messages (the ones Artist Moderators get) have an awkwardly-phrased subject line. I think it would sound better as "Content of your artists has been updated".
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 20-04-2020 17:17
I was just on the "Most Wanted Lyrics" page, and noticed that when the page is refreshing, it says "refresing" instead of "refreshing".

Weirdly enough, this typo only occurs on the first "refresh", i.e. when you first navigate to that page. Later refreshes are spelled correctly ("refreshing").
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 25-04-2020 18:57
When reviewing content in the queue, there's a minor punctuation error in both "versions" of the ghost text that appears in the box to add an additional reason for your vote:

Explain the reason of your vote, your comment will help the next reviewers.

Explain the reason of your vote, your comment will help the next reviewers and will be sent to the submitter of this contribution.

I believe the second one only appears when merging/transferring/deleting songs, while the first one appears for lyric-based contributions.

Anyway, in both of these, the sentences should be split up; in other words, there should be a period instead of a comma after "Explain the reason of your vote". The comma is not grammatically correct in either case.

So, for instance: "Explain the reason of your vote. Your comment will help the next reviewers."
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 03-05-2020 02:29
As pointed out to me by Practice, there appears to be another similar error that splices two separate sentences with a comma.

If you try to rate a song twice in a short period, you will see a message like this on the song rating pop-up:

You already voted on this song 2 sec ago, you can only vote once a day.

As above, these should be split into two sentences, with a period before the second "you".

Similarly, when you rate a song for the first time, you see this on the song rating pop-up:

This has not been rated yet, be the first!

Again, this should be split into two sentences.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 05-05-2020 20:05
Yet another similar error when editing the tracklist of an album (in the "Edit Tracklist" pop-up box):

Please only enter the name of the tracks, do not include track attributes such as number or length.

For this one, I think replacing the comma with a semicolon would be the better option.
Ray
Ray | 06-05-2020 10:12
Updated, nice!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 07-05-2020 13:21
Thanks as always, Ray!

I just got another one of those "content updated" messages from Snap today, and the subject header is still phrased as "Content updated of your artists". Does that one take some time to update? I don't really know how it works, or if it's a cache thing like some other aspects of the site.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 10-05-2020 13:41
Well, disregard my above post - starting today, the message indeed reads "Content of your artists has been updated". Carry on!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 12-05-2020 17:12
When editing an artist's bio, you see this text in the pop-up window:

Please write as much text in your own words, don't copy-paste large pieces of text from other sites.

Similar to the last error I mentioned, the comma should be replaced with a semicolon.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 01-06-2020 15:04
I noticed this a few days ago and wanted to give it some time before posting, just in case it was a temporary accident caused by something Ray was in the middle of working on or testing. But, Practice has messaged me about this now, so I think it's high time to post it.

When you click on the profile icon in the top right of the site, the blue profile button now says "LPROFILE" instead of "PROFILE". Practice theorized this may have been intentional (short for LSI-Profile), though it does seem odd that a typo would suddenly appear where there previously wasn't one. Either way, figured I should post this here just to be safe.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 02-06-2020 01:42
Thank you Ray! for fixing the errant "L"
Ray
Ray | 06-06-2020 10:43
updated
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 07-06-2020 17:24
Practice has brought yet another supposed error to my attention:

When reviewing items in the queue, it would formerly say, for instance, "Member MCSMeister requested this change...". However, now it only says "This is a correction..." or "This is a request...", with no immediate credit to the person who requested the change. The only way to see the person credited to the correction is to scroll down to the "How others voted" section and see who the first user listed is.

Furthermore, it seems that for removing/transferring songs, it says "This is request..." instead of "This is a request...".

This may have been intentional, but again, posting it here just in case.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 07-06-2020 17:32
Also, for the first time in a long while, today I registered to be artist moderator for a few more artists. I noticed that when the request succeeds, you are greeted with this run-on sentence:

Your request has been approved, you are now the moderator for the artist [artist name], congratulations!

This should be split into three sentences: "Your request has been approved. You are now the moderator for the artist [artist name]. Congratulations!"
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 04-07-2020 02:44
Apparently another error when adding artist pictures that I never got around to posting a correction for, so I'll do that now:

The picture is too large, please select a smaller picture.

As usual, this needs to be split into two sentences: "The picture is too large. Please select a smaller picture."

While on the subject of this error BTW, I think it could use some improving. Instead of simply telling the user the image is too large, it'd be more useful if it told them the highest resolution an image is allowed to be (something like "images cannot exceed such-and-such pixels"). Because we don't have anything to work with, we have to just scale the image down until it's accepted and hope for the best.

Thankfully when I resized the image that triggered this error for me just now, it worked on my first go, but it obviously wouldn't be the same for everyone.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 16-07-2020 15:33
It appears that capitalization on songs is inconsistent now. For instance, on Billie Eilish's debut album, all the song titles are stylized in lowercase, which is correct.

However, if you go to any one of those song pages, the title appears properly capitalized. Weirdly enough, the tab text shows the lowercase title, so it appears that the title that appears on the page is set to automatically capitalize words.

That said, it doesn't seem like this rule applies to songs that have all-caps titles, such as SAD! by XXXTENTACION. Those still appear as all caps on the song page.
Ray
Ray | 17-07-2020 14:09
Spelling updated!

About the credits thing on the review pages. The previous layout was too much text. I'm trying to make it better readable.

The "The picture is too large" is when a picture is larger than 5MB. I'll add this to the error description.

The case-issue is now on my to-fixlist.

Thanks!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 13-09-2020 01:27
It seems that in the "remove song" pop-up, the caption that appears under the comment section has been cut-off. It now reads: "Please enter an explanation of the action you chose. Any additional info will be".

I believe the full sentence was "Any additional info will be used to process your request".
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 01-12-2020 01:55
Thanks to Practice again for pointing this out to me.

On the My Playlist page, the "Player" tab on the navigation bar has an out-of-place capital L ("PLayer").

Also, disregard the error in the above post, it looks like it's since been fixed
Ray
Ray | 07-02-2021 14:30
Updated As always, nice work guys
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 18-01-2022 17:33
In one of the new error messages added when uploading artist pictures to the site, it reads:

The URL contains invalid chatacters. Please select another picture.

"Chatacters" should be "characters".

This may very well be a temporary error until the new content management system gets implemented, but I figured I should post it here in the meantime
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: