LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en
Follow 6
Add topic
Search
Ray
Ray | 13-05-2015 19:23
Found a spelling error or any other contextual error on LetsSingIt? Let me know in here!

Only spelling errors that are related with the LetsSingIt website go in here, to correct spelling errors in content like lyrics, song titles, etc, please use the regular correct forms.
226 to 250 of 315 comments
page 10 of 13
roxcyn
roxcyn | 21-03-2017 04:51
About (tab) then the second option is "Assist". Wouldn't it be better if it says "Help" or "Assistance"?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 01-05-2017 18:12
Just saw your post now, Scott, but yeah, I agree "Help" would be the most fitting for that column.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 04-05-2017 04:56
Privacy Policy section:

"If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your
dealings with this website, you can contact us." -> "any dealings" sounds better.

"By visiting LetsSingIt, you are accepting the practices described in this privacy statement." -> "using" (instead of visiting) OR "logging onto" & "accept" (instead of "are accepting") would be better here.

Analytics cookies section:

beahaviour vs behavior (BrEn/AmEn), IIRC Ray wants to use American English so it should be switched to "behavior"

More information section:

please read part - "please visit" sounds better.

behavioural vs behavioral (BrEn/AmEn), same as above.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 19-10-2017 21:53
There's a couple new pages on the site now, and while I haven't really noticed typos in them (Ray's getting better!) I found a couple on the Contribute page:

Under Submit Content:

Do you have content that you would like to submit? Great! The wizzard helps you step by step submitting your content.

Should be "wizard". Also, the second sentence is a bit awkward, it would sound better as "The wizard helps you submit your content step by step."

Also on that page, the button under "become artist moderator" should be changed to "Sign up as artist moderator" (two words).
----
In other news, it's probably time for Ray to tend to these pretty soon. It's been over a year since the last update!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 20-10-2017 00:32
Another small one on the Contribute page:

Their job is to make sure all songs and albums are added to the archive, upload pictures, fill the biography section and review any new and corrected items that people send them.

Should be "fill in the biography section".
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 25-10-2017 01:08
Maybe this was asked and discussed here in this thread before?

In PM Inbox : Default it says "received from"

But when the PM Outbox : Default says "send to", its same tense, but should it be "sent to" as its already been sent?

Nicolas? Others? Opinions?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 25-10-2017 20:29
Yup, that is indeed a typo - the tense there needs to be changed. I don't think that was discussed here before because I know Ray only made the big revamp to the PM layout a couple months ago, and that was part of it.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 13-11-2017 21:13
Just tried submitting a song deletion request (because apparently super mods can't insta-delete anymore?). This message popped up upon submitting:

Your contribution been placed in the queue for review. Most contributions are reviewed within a couple of hour.

Should be "Your contribution has been placed in the queue for review. Most contributions are reviewed within a couple of hours."
Ray
Ray | 13-11-2017 22:04
Sharp as always Nice

Yep, nobody can insta-delete songs anymore (for the moment). The new "remove" song feature is more advanced and is now also available for members, and perhaps later also for guests. This requires a high level of validation/savety measures. So everything now goes into the review corner where I'm polishing this new functionality based on the material that comes in.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 13-11-2017 22:07
I can definitely see it being helpful for members (after all, Jen was expressing frustration with not being able to delete songs on her own) but it seems counterintuitive to remove the option to allow super mods to insta-delete. With all of the work I do cleaning up artist maps daily, it's going to take eons longer to have to submit requests to delete every duplicate, especially because I come across so many of them. So, my efficiency will plummet in this current situation. I really hope this is only temporary while it's being "polished".
Ray
Ray | 13-11-2017 22:11
Do you mean it takes longer because filling out the more advanced remove form takes more time, or because the song doesn't get removed instantly?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 13-11-2017 22:14
It's mostly the former, yeah - given the large amount of work I do, spending extra time to fill out forms for so many dupes would add up in the long run, and I try to be efficient as possible with the time I spend on this site.

The latter is a bit of an issue too, however, especially because I notice I'm not getting notifications when a deletion request has been reviewed - it just gets silently deleted without my knowledge.

So I guess both, to an extent
Ray
Ray | 13-11-2017 22:18
Ok, noted Thanks for your input.

The notification thing sounds like a bug looking into that.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 13-11-2017 22:21
Hi Ray! I know this is for spelling but since you wrote this here, I'm quoting back what you said to start a discussion that I didn't feel like you'd want an entire Support topic on it, especially from someone who does not use it on a daily basis like others here do so fantastically better!

Yep, nobody can insta-delete songs anymore (for the moment). The new "remove" song feature is more advanced and is now also available for members, and perhaps later also for guests

So, does this actually mean that you will allow not only "members" (who have given us at least an Email in real life, if not some sort of fake name) but any sort of unknown "guest" who pops in, to remove songs? Just thinking someone with a nasty streak could go about removing a lot of songs at night, while we all sleep undoing lots of work. Of course when found out, we can all try to put things back to right again. But short of this occurring more than "once" is too much for me and on this topic I raise my hand and say "no" to guests power to "remove" songs ( Guests power to add songs to an existing artist (just not a whole artist I would draw an imaginary line) is ok by me as others here would review and decide if its to be added).

Opinions? Others?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 13-11-2017 22:26
Practice, song deletion requests are reviewed in the queue like any other correction, so I doubt that would happen unless the reviewers aren't paying attention and don't research the songs.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-11-2017 23:19
When reviewing song deletions in the queue, and someone marks a song as fake:

Member [member name] requested to remove the song [song name], because it is fake, it is not as real song, not by [artist name] or any other artist. It should be deleted.

Should be "it is not a real song".
---------
Meanwhile, really hoping Ray makes super mods able to insta-delete songs again soon - I'm already behind on the LSI work I scheduled for today since I had to send upwards of 100 songs to the queue for deletion...and I'm far from done. :/ Well, I'm doing what I can at the moment and that's all that matters I guess.
Ray
Ray | 19-11-2017 16:02
It took a while, ok a long while , but I updated the suggestions. Excellent work as usual. Various thoughts always while going throught the list and updating content: I wonder how I could make some of the typos, why I didn't see them myself, why nobody else noticed them for years and year and how on Earth you guys did find these typos that are often hidden somewhere deep in the LSI basement.

A couple of suggestions I did not update:

TV shows display year

TV shows names indeed including the year. This is a universal styling for non-artist types on LSI. The year distincts the TV Shows in case the names are the same. I admit that this is proably more useful for Movies, but I think it couldn't hurt to keep it also in the name for TV shows.

Forum board rename

Perhaps "Artists" (+s) is a better name. But the other board names are also a "mess". Best is to check all names and rename them. But... then urls are going to change. And SEO wise that is not a good idea. So I prefer not to make changes in board names. Besides, I have on my list to re-organize the board names. The setup of the boards is from the early days od LSI, I think we can significantly reduce the number of boards by merging a lot together. But this is a discussion for in a new topic.

I didn't rename "Relation/Friendships" to "Relationships/Friendships" either, same reasons are above.

Sing along description

Interesting one. You referred to the description "Click here to find the full and accurate lyrics with videos and sing along!". You guys read "a" Sing along. But with this description I mean "to" sing along, to sing along with the music. Does is make more sense in this context?

MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 19-11-2017 16:59
Phew, that took a whopping year and a half - thanks Ray! We're doing what we can Heck, it's been so long that some of the spelling errors might not even have been relevant anymore. Many site updates have happened in that interim.

Anyway, I understand why you won't change those particular ones. However, that issue about the TV shows wasn't just the fact that the year was there, it was also the fact that it said "TV show" in parentheses, and I'm not sure if it was intended. Right now, for example, going to iCarly's map and pressing the moderator button shows this: "The TV show iCarly [2007] (TV show) has no moderator." It seems a bit clunky to have two subtitles there, especially since the sentence already starts with "The TV show...", don't you think?

And, as usual, time to peruse and double-check these spelling errors...I'll get that started in a separate post.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 19-11-2017 17:59
Well, going through these, indeed a couple of them no longer applied as the pages were deleted/deprecated. But, out of the ones that remain, here's what needs to be re-fixed. Apologies for the weird items I sent through the review queue in the past hour, I was just using those to test if the review-related typos were fixed.
---
On the Remove this artist please thread:

Names have an "artist" type or "movie/TV show/compilation/... If the artist is actually a movie, it needs to be removed and recreated as movie.

There should be another quotation mark after the three dots.
---
When you review a biography in the Public Review, when the "original" version of a biography is nonexistent, it says "this has currently no biography". This should be changed to "this artist currently has no biography". Picture example of what I'm referring to.
---
On the description of the Artist board:

Talk about artists, who's hot, who's not.

I suggested to change this to have a hyphen, which makes more grammatical sense than a comma. So, "Talk about artists - who's hot, who's not."
---
On the description of the TV/Movies board:

Here you can post TV and movie-related messages related messages.

"Related messages" shouldn't be there twice.
---
When an LSI artist page comes up in Google search results:

Click here to find the full and acurate album lyrics with videos and sing along!

If this text is editable (since it's not on the site itself, just the Google text), it should be "accurate".
---
When a guest submits or edits a song or album, in the box with ghost text:

Enter here any information that might help speedup the reviewing process

Should be "speed up".
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 19-11-2017 18:09
Also, a few problems with the sitemap:

- Scott suggested to change the "Assist" header to "Help" or "Assistance" (your call on that).

- All of the links under the "Contribute" and "Members" headers no longer work and need to be updated.

- Adding on to that, is it really needed to link the sitemap within the sitemap itself? Seems kinda redundant to me.

* offtopic :
BTW, I'm really longing for the day that this thread will be updated without needing re-corrections
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 22-11-2017 08:04
On the charts page overview.
Want to know what's hot in the United States, United Kingdom, Hong Kong, South Africa?

Well... I haven't put my glasses on, only to notice that the country has gone from single charts now!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 23-11-2017 04:56
A couple small changes to the "Remove Song" dialog box (but who knows, it could be completely different by the time Ray gets to these again )

In the opening paragraph:

Use the form below to instruct what should be done with the song.

"Instruct" sounds kind of off in this context, I would probably use "choose" instead.
-------------
Under "Delete (Song is fake)":

Only use this option if the song does not exist at all, if it is not by [artist] or any other artist.

The second "if" doesn't need to be in this sentence; the first "if" covers the rest of the sentence as it presents multiple scenarios.
------------
Under "Merge (Song already exists)":

The duplicate song will be deleted, but important data like comments and user ratings then will be merged with the correct song.

The "then" isn't needed here. If it's to be kept, it needs to be after the "will" instead ("important data like comments and user ratings will then be merged"). Also, "data like" should be hyphenated ("data-like").
roxcyn
roxcyn | 25-11-2017 00:01
When you go on the main page your browser tab says "The Internet Lyrics Database" (all capital letters), but when you put it under LetsSingIt log, it's all in lower case letters.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 25-11-2017 05:48
Pretty sure that's not an error, Scott. Ray likes to have the lowercase look on certain places in the site. It's only capitalized in the tab because it would look strange to have it all lowercase there; tab names are normally capitalized.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 25-11-2017 16:10
I was going to mention that mine (using a different browser perhaps? Pale Moon?) has the Tab with "The Internet Lyrics Database" first letters capitalized IN MY TAB as well as in the shadow box that comes up when hovering over the tab. No where do I see the All Caps you mention Scott. The one that is below the "LetsSingIt logo is of course in Ray's preferred all lower case design, but that is part of the consistent page banner and not something that the browser detects. I will try other browsers, i.e. Chrome later on to see if it capitalizes in those but not able to switch right now (or yesterday) as doing something delicate with browser.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: