LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en
Follow 6
Add topic
Search
Ray
Ray | 13-05-2015 19:23
Found a spelling error or any other contextual error on LetsSingIt? Let me know in here!

Only spelling errors that are related with the LetsSingIt website go in here, to correct spelling errors in content like lyrics, song titles, etc, please use the regular correct forms.
1 to 25 of 315 comments
page 1 of 13
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 13-05-2015 19:30
Section 2 Part 3 of the LetsSingIt Help Section should be:

If you have a question, problem, suggestions, or whatever is on your mind you can contact the webmaster Ray through LetsSingIt messenger.

PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 13-05-2015 19:34
That still sounds weird.

Here's one:

Most Reviews
Here you'll find the top 50 of members with the most content reviews in the review corner.

Take out "of"
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 13-05-2015 19:36
Maybe..

If you have a question, suggestion, or concern you can contact the webmaster, Ray through the LetsSingIt messenger.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 13-05-2015 19:37
I like yours better, good call.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 13-05-2015 19:37
With a comma after Ray, too.

This thread arouses me.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 13-05-2015 19:41
Thank you, dear.
This is a good thread indeed.

I don't know if you are planning on reworking the frontpage, but this:

"WELCOME!
LetsSingIt (LSI) is a music community where you can find music related information like song lyrics, album tracklists, artist news, biographies and pictures. Content is updated by the minute and it should keep any music lover entertained."

We no longer offer news on artists.
Ray
Ray | 13-05-2015 19:42
Before you guys go wild in here, please wait until the new site is live later this week.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 13-05-2015 19:44
Ray I think you immediately regret making this thread.

Section 8, Part 1 of the help section:

At some of the forms you use on LetsSingIt you'll find a "preview" button next to the "save" button. The "preview" button will show you how the fields entered will be presented on LetsSingIt once saved. It ill also interpret the LSI-tags used, so you can see if they work the way you wanted.

Can be changed to be:

On some of the forms you use on LetsSingIt, you'll find a "preview" button next to the "save" button. The "preview" button will show you how the fields entered will be presented on LetsSingIt once saved. It will also interpret the LSI-tags used, so you can see if they will work the way you expect them to.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 13-05-2015 19:45
Well you didn't say that, you got us all excited for nothing
Ray
Ray | 13-05-2015 19:46
haha
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 13-05-2015 19:49
Perfect! I would always send you messages regarding typos so this is a great thread. Surprised it hasn't appeared sooner, haha.

Ray, should I repost here the most recent typos I sent you a month or two ago that you didn't want to fix until the new site went up?
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 13-05-2015 20:17
This thread isn't for your personal pleasure, Joeyy.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 13-05-2015 20:21
* offtopic :
It clearly is.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 13-05-2015 20:22
Just be sure to clean up afterwards.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 14-05-2015 18:39
"An avatar is the small picture being displaying next to you nickname through the site. Click on the picture you would like to use as avatar. If you can't find a suitable picture, upload a new one first here."

Can be:

"An avatar is the small picture displayed next to your nickname throughout the site. Click on the picture you would like to use as an avatar. If you can't find a suitable picture, upload a new one first here."
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-05-2015 19:36
I'll just repost the typos I last sent to Ray here. Better to have them here so they don't get lost in Ray's massive load of PMs (which they probably already have)

On the about us page:

The archive was expanding quickly and with 15.000 daily visitors in 1999, it was time to make some substantial changes.

Should be 15,000 with a comma, not a period.

LetsSingIt (LSI) is a music community where you can find music related information like song lyrics, album tracklists, pictures and a huge forum where music lovers share their music passion with each other.

"Music related" should be hyphenated.

With almost 1 Milion registered members, LetsSingIt has a huge member community.

This should be "one million" (or "1 million").

Forum topic about LSI when it celebrated it's 10th anniversary, back in 2010. Check out the images of the old layouts of the websites!

No apostrophe should be in its, as this is the possessive form.

----------
Then, on the contact page:

The LetsSingIt Forum is also a very helpfull resource. It contains thousands and thousands of topics and probably there is already a topic related to your question.

"Helpfull" should be "helpful".
--------
And on the Public Review page:

This is the public review corner where you as member can help reviewing new material!

This would sound better if it was "as a member".
-------
And finally, on the terms of use page, this sentence shouldn't have a comma:

LetsSingIt will not be held responsible for any damages, you or your business may suffer from using LetsSingIt.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-05-2015 19:36
Oh, so Enter automatically sends the post, huh? How do you put line breaks?

ABOVE POST EDITED
Joeyy
Joeyy | 14-05-2015 19:40
Shift key. Also known as the long arrow key on the keyboard, according to me. :p
Ray
Ray | 14-05-2015 19:40
hold SHIFT when pressing ENTER. This probably only works on non-touch devices.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-05-2015 19:43
I just edited my above post (glad the edit function is a thing now!) to include the previous spelling errors.

And yeah, Shift + Enter works, thanks.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-05-2015 19:56
On this page:

Using the site is very simple, it is fully self explanatory, and very easy to browse through. Most of the site can be accessed freely by anyone, but in order to post comments on the forums, artist maps, polls, etc, you must become a member. Registering is a quick, easy and totally free process.

"Self explanatory" should be hyphenated and "etc" should have a dot at the end ("etc.")
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-05-2015 22:44
On the most likes page:

Here you'll find the top 50 of members with the most likes received to their comments on the site. A top 50 is also availale for the last 30 days.

Should be "available".

Also, Ray, is this going to be like the Moderation Repetition thread (before Alinda took it over) in the sense that you'll fix all of the spelling errors at an unspecified time routinely?
Ray
Ray | 14-05-2015 22:49
yup it is
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 15-05-2015 01:06
On profiles:
"Favoriste Artists" .. Although I like the fancy sound to it

Under personalize:
"Profile
Edit you profile details and privacy.
Set one of your uploaded pictures as avatar.
Profile picture
Set one of your uploaded pictures as profile picture.
Add picture
Upload a new picture."

Can be:

" Profile
Edit your profile details and privacy.
Set one of your uploaded pictures as your avatar.
Profile picture
Set one of your uploaded pictures as your profile picture.
Add picture
Upload a new picture."
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 15-05-2015 10:45
On the Glossary page:

In this chapter you'll find items explained that didn't have been discussed in any of the other chapters.

This should be "haven't been".
------
On the Preview page:

At some of the forms you use on LetsSingIt you'll find a "preview" button next to the "save" button. The "preview" button will show you how the fields entered will be presented on LetsSingIt once saved. It ill also interpret the LSI-tags used, so you can see if they work the way you wanted.

"At" would sound better if it was "on", and "ill" should be "will".
----
On the Clock page:

On the upper left of the site, you'll find a clock that shows the LetsSingIt time.

The clock is no longer on the upper left (or anywhere on the main page at all), so this should be changed or taken out (unless Ray plans on putting the clock somewhere else)
----
On the Rankings page:

LetsSingIt keeps track of what songs, albums and artist are most requested on the site.

Should be "artists" to keep with the plural of the rest.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: