LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Roxcyn's Lyric Transcription / Editing Assistance

Follow 4
Add topic
Search
roxcyn
roxcyn | 19-04-2015 02:42
Hi! I will use this thread for songs that need edited with hard to hear lyrics or who have no lyrics at all on the website. Thank you!

My first request:

If you could help me with this song:

Enrique Iglesias - Break Me Shake Me

3:11--3:39 is the part in question. It's hard to hear. Let me know what you hear.
126 to 142 of 142 comments
page 6 of 6
roxcyn
roxcyn | 14-06-2017 19:03
"And sing" and the parts "the safety dance".
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-06-2017 19:08
Sites have different things for the "and sing" line. AZLyrics has it as "dancé" with an accent on the end, which could likely work (probably for comedy as it's just pronouncing "dance" differently). Another site has it as "danser", the French word for "dance".

The rest is fine.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 14-06-2017 19:14
Sometimes all we can do is use our own judgement.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 14-06-2017 19:31
Sometimes the performers themselves change the words "just because" they can. I have many examples of this---I find it interesting especially when they do it because they are having a performance in a particular city or country!

Thank you Scott, Nicolas and Joey for bringing it up and discussing it here!
roxcyn
roxcyn | 14-06-2017 23:53
Exactly, so I wasn't sure what it should be. What do you guys think it should reflect? Do you hear "and sing"? Or the other versions?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 15-06-2017 01:37
Again, Scott, it's just a matter of using your best judgment, as Joey said. All three of these could very well work in the context of the song. That really seems to be the only disputable lyric in the song, everything else is pretty obvious, so it's relatively minor (especially since each site seems to have something different for it as it is, so people can make what they want out of the line at this point).
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 15-06-2017 04:11
Hi Everyone at LSI and Nicolas and Scott and etc etc...

I have a radical idea... want to hear it ? (I mean read it?)

Since I like the group too, I researched this one for you.

Men Without Hats are still together and still performing the old songs since 2010! (and before as well on and off).

Why doesn't someone write to them!

Say you're a BIG FAN! Wondered about those words in the song!

What are they? Can you settle it once and for all?

Send them just what we discussed here: i.e.:

"And sing" and the parts "the safety dance".

Sites have different things for the "and sing" line. AZLyrics has it as "dancé" with an accent on the end, which could likely work (probably for comedy as it's just pronouncing "dance" differently). Another site has it as "danser", the French word for "dance".

Write I say? Where to?

Why their website appropriately named :

http://safetydance.com/

I think that is a sign Scott! They love that song too! Named their whole official site after it!

Here is where you can contact them by Email, Facebook etc....

And while everyone is there at the site we can all watch the famous old English Maypole Dance Video and listen to the song (video and audio links provided free of charge!) Like I say that is their famous song so they love it! (See under "Video" for 3 more of it while they interviewed more than just the one posted above about that song---said the words in one real slow too! So everyone can sing them too--check that one out).

This may not work with all groups and all songs---they would not have time to compose new music if really sat down and answered everyone's letters! But I think these artists really care, so give it a try, and say you're from a site that has their Lyrics on it...so they know its not just going into a deep dark drawer and no body else benefits from trying to figure out the answer once and for all from the source!

Remember what I said above about the artists changing the words at different performances---they may even admit to doing that so all of the words may be correct!! I'd like to know too!

What does everyone here think of that?

* offtopic :
Scott? Nicolas? Someone? Can check using the lists of albums on their site, official lists to make sure we got at LSI all of their songs! Good idea?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 15-06-2017 04:25
Maybe I'm just a pessimist from past experiences, but I (personally) wouldn't get my hopes up that they would respond. I've tried contacting numerous groups and musicians about their lyrics but haven't gotten a single response. Most bands are just too busy or never check. The only time I've gotten a response was from a band with a small following - and even then, they said they would put up the lyrics "soon" but never did.

I mean, it doesn't hurt to try, I guess, if you're really concerned about this line If you decide to e-mail them, let us know what happens.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 15-06-2017 04:31
I re read the contact page... Seems they prefer you do it through Facebook or contact their manager!

Management: John Kastner Email: johndkastner@gmail.com
(probably to add your city to their tour or book them!)

To contact the band, please visit the Official Men Without Hats Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/menwithouthats.

When you write, please respectful of their time and busy schedule (I don't write because I will write too lengthy a message and I don't have The Facebook (yeah old broken record with me repeating that here).
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 15-06-2017 04:32
The only time I've gotten a response was from a band with a small following - and even then, they said they would put up the lyrics "soon" and they never did.

Before I repeat the "been there done that" phrase I can only surmise that everything has a cost.... It may be they don't have enough free volunteers to post the lyrics---someone has to be working as a webmaster to put up the content! Like Ray does for LSI!

Its not a freebie job for anyone.... Most want expenses per hour of work! Or just money to maintain the website (as adding more pages to some of these pay as you go hosting sites means more money each month----of course the major groups can afford it but you said it was a small band above....

My suggestion is write back and note the missing lyrics and volunteer like you do here (fantastically well I might add Nicholas!) to do corrections or repairs or maintain the site with permission from whoever is there overworked webmaster they are paying to do that... then your lyrics and more may appear! Can't hurt to try again, right? Nicely..... no anger at them "not" doing it yet or they won't answer your Email!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 15-06-2017 04:50
* offtopic :
Yes, I did write them back a few months later, same result. I was nice about it - and I wasn't trying to be "angry" in that post above. I fully understand that these artists have much better things to do so half the time I just don't bother anymore. In this case, though, the band is the one who manages their site (again, small following), so it's on their own time. It also wouldn't require adding more pages; they have one big lyrics page where they post their lyrics, but it doesn't have all of them.

Anyway, this is getting off topic now and I need to head off. Scott can contact them if he chooses but I don't want this to get on an unrelated tangent.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 07-07-2017 03:35
I decide to update of what I thought it should be. I did view some of the sheet music - so I'll leave most of it the same. Thank you guys for all you do!
roxcyn
roxcyn | 11-08-2019 21:09
I'm not sure what the person is saying from 20 to 27 seconds. Link

Any help would be appreciated.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 11-08-2019 22:02
"Surfing couches in the darkness to make this bloody heart lace intertwine". I edited the song page for you.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 11-08-2019 22:30
Hm, that still makes no sense though. The guest submitted it so I was hoping we could help him/her.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 11-08-2019 22:45
I think it makes sense if you think of it abstractly. "Heart lace" is likely a fancy metaphor for someone's heart, and having your heart lace "intertwine" with someone else could be interpreted as trying to connect with them. Take a look at the preceding line, "I've been sleeping in apartments of temporary partners I don't even like". "Couch-surfing" is a term that means staying temporarily in a series of people's homes. He's doing this with "temporary partners" and trying to find the person that clicks, the one he "intertwines" with. That's my interpretation of it.

I don't really hear anything else there. The last word is definitely "intertwine", and the only other possibility I could think of would be "heartless" instead of "heart lace", but that makes even less sense.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 11-08-2019 22:55
I hear, "Surfing couches in the darkness to make this party heartless intertwine," but that doesn't make much sense, either.

Unless the singer is saying "intertwined" without an emphasis on the 'd,' and they're singing "party heart," as in a chaotic heart.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: