LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Unknown song from K F C. Who sings it?

Follow 3
Add topic
Search
TipoDual
TipoDual | 04-04-2015 23:15
Hello everybody! Please, help me to identify an American song which playing in KFC restaurant. Nor one software and applications for phones can't identify this track. I think that it is an American song because I had identify all other songs from KFC and I had defined that all tracks was created by American singers. This song might have title "I'm free" or "Sometimes". Google also can't find this song by lyrics. Do you know who sings it? Any ideas?

Here is the song
22 comments
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 05-04-2015 14:25
Hi TipoDual!

Hoped someone else would take this up as I'm a bit occupied elsewhere IRL.

But my first question to you (answer anytime I'll check and follow this topic), Can you ask the KFC Restaurant if they are using either:
1. a locally broadcast radio station for their music,
or 2. some canned/pre-set KFC music. Depending upon answer I'll reply with what to do next. Thanks!
TipoDual
TipoDual | 05-04-2015 15:12
At the end of March when I was in KFC I heard this song and I asked a cashier-girl to help me with this song. She has gone to office and asked another two managers. These managers came to me and said: "Sorry, but we don't know how name of this song".
1-st manager (woman) said: "Our company give us a flash-drive with a music and we are playback music from this flash-drive but we really don't know what is playing".
Then 2-nd manager (man) said: "Please, come to our restaurant tomorrow's evening and I will try to find this song for you but it will be difficult because I shall view more than 100 tracks".

After 3 days I came back to KFC again and manager-man has copied all tracks to my USB Flash Drive. But all tracks is a single file (205 MB) named "alltracksmerged_KFC_Pop_August.mp3" (Last modified Aug 21, 2014) Full length: 05:58:55, Sound: 80 kbps, 44 100 HZ, 16 bit, Mono.
When I came to my home I split this big mp3-file and extract this track.

Those KFC restaurant don't use a radio. They always playback this big mp3-file and they didn't have a tracklist. I had identifying other songs from this big mp3-file and I know that other songs from this mp3-file are performed by Ginger Mackenzie, Kristin Banks, Angie Mattson, Jennifer Weatherly, Katrina Carlson, Jessica Owen, Carol Ames, Amber Brooke, Zaida Alfaro etc. This artists all from America. That is a reason why I guess that song which I try to find is American song. But this song really impossible to identify. Help me, please!
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 05-04-2015 15:24
Hi TipoDual!

I'm new to some things... I "liked" your response, but then thought that was not enough, so I'll type out that I appreciate the extra information and kudos to you! for doing the steps I'd have suggested to do anyway. I'll see what to do next.... or ask you next. just letting you know by my "like" "that message was received!"

Thanks!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 05-04-2015 15:59
(I don't see a 'like' on either of the posts, Practice.)

TipoDual - it definitely sounds American; I'd say Country-Pop genre(s). I Googled various lines and nothing came up, which is strange as it sounds like a song that could be popular there within the genre. Maybe the person who made the playlist took the song from an amateur artist's MySpace or similar site, or maybe it's too new (from an artist who doesn't have a fan base of millions) to be online yet. :s

Check back every now and again; we have a couple of members who are good at recognising songs that no one else does, but they don't often post.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 14-04-2015 04:38
Maybe you can reach out to KFC corporate office to see if they can give you any information. That was nice that they actually gave you their songs.
TipoDual
TipoDual | 25-05-2015 21:00
Tonight I have found out one thing: If you will type in Google "that's just fine with me", Google will offer you a phrase "that's just fine with me cause i'm free" in search line. It's so strange because this phrase there is only in song which I still searching. I know that Google did not offer this phrase in search line before. I still want to know who sings it... and I think that someone else wanna know it too. Thanks!
tequizasunrise
tequizasunrise | 26-05-2015 00:02
Ok. No idea who it is. Must be someone who isn't well known yet - just like the other artists you mentioned that were also on the same USB flash drive. I saw you have a YouTube page and someone from (I'm guessing Novorossiysk from the videos he posted) also wants to know who sings the song. So I assume the flash drive had the KFC playlist for stores all over Russia. Up until now I didn't even know KFC had a presence in Russia let alone how many stores they have just in Moscow alone. LOL. And they serve BEER! I wish the ones here did - I might go more often. But enough about KFC - this artist seems pretty unknown that's why there are no lyrics put up by a fan yet somewhere on the internet. It's possible that the only people who really heard the song before are customers of KFC in Russia. That said I'm dumping my transcription of the lyrics below - basically your transcription edited in a few places. Maybe somebody else looking for this song will be directed here and can help us on the search. Maybe even the singer herself might find this page? Who knows?
tequizasunrise
tequizasunrise | 26-05-2015 00:04
ack. hit enter prematurely. here are the edited lyrics:
tequizasunrise
tequizasunrise | 26-05-2015 00:04
Sometimes I know I'm right even when I'm wrong
Sometimes I wanna stay where I don't belong
Sometimes I feel weak even when I'm strong
And I don't wanna hear a word it's all sounding too absurd
Sometimes I feel crazy even when I'm sane
Sometimes it's easier with someone else to blame
Sometimes I like to dance naked in the rain
It doesn't matter much to me what it is you think you see

The sun and the moon, earth, and sky
Will all be there as one of you and I
As we blossom and grow in a field of dreams
If fences are all that you can see
Then there's no use waiting up for me
Cause I'm lost somewhere on a blue moonbeam
And that's just fine with me cause I'm free, I'm free,

Sometimes I'm all alone in a drowning crowd
Sometimes I bitch and moan then laugh right out loud
Sometimes I'm a sacred shrine hidden in a shroud
It's all an act of faith being born in the first place

And sometimes the storms come and everything's crazy
Just pick up the pieces and keep moving on, Oh, baby,

And that's just fine with me

I'm free... I'm free... I'm free, I'm free,
Joeyy
Joeyy | 26-05-2015 00:16
Tonight I have found out one thing: If you will type in Google "that's just fine with me", Google will offer you a phrase "that's just fine with me cause i'm free" in search line. It's so strange because this phrase there is only in song which I still searching. I know that Google did not offer this phrase in search line before.

Google saves your searches; that's why it automatically pops up now.
TipoDual
TipoDual | 26-05-2015 07:42
tequizasunrise, Thanks a lot for editing lyrics. Most part of lyrics was created by users from different forums because my English is not good and I can't understand many words which she sings. But your version of lyrics seems most exactly. Are you sure that your lyrics's version is 100% exactly?
tequizasunrise
tequizasunrise | 26-05-2015 08:32
100% exactly? LOL. Not sure about that. We'll have to ask the singer. The only line that I am not 100% sure about is this one: Will all be there as one of you and I
roxcyn
roxcyn | 26-05-2015 12:39
Hi TipoDual and tequizasunrise. I listened to the song. I am pretty sure it's 99-100% correct now. Let me know what you think.

Tequizasunrise said:
ack. hit enter prematurely. here are the edited lyrics:

* offtopic :
With the new forum if you press "enter" in the box it will post. Here is some tips. If you need to edit your post (for 15 minutes after you have posted) -- click on the little icon of a nut bolt. You can then edit it. Also- if you need to type more than one paragraph or line break in the text box --don't press enter just yet--check on the little box that says "pop out". You can type as much as you like - you can preview your post or save it (which posts to the forum). Good luck

Unknown song and artist. Here's my version:

Sometimes I know I'm right even when I'm wrong
And sometimes I wanna stay where I don't belong
And sometimes I feel weak even when I'm strong
And I don't wanna hear a word it's all sounding too absurd
Sometimes I feel crazy even when I'm sane
And sometimes it's easier with someone else to blame
And sometimes I like to dance naked in the rain
It doesn't matter much to me what it is you think you see

All breathe as one like you and I
'Cause I'm lost somewhere on a blue moonbeam
And that's just fine with me (that's just fine) 'cause I'm free, I'm free

Sometimes I'm all alone in a drowning crowd
And sometimes I bitch and moan then laugh right out loud
And sometimes I'm a sacred shrine hidden in a shroud
It's all an act of faith being born in the first place

And that's just fine with me (that's just fine) 'cause I'm free, do do do, I'm free

And sometimes the storms come and everything's crazy
Just pick up the pieces and keep moving on, oh, baby

And that's just fine with me

And that's just fine with me (that's just fine) 'cause I'm free, do do do do, I'm free
Why, I'm free. Do do do do, I'm free, I'm free, do do do do I'm [song ends]
TipoDual
TipoDual | 26-05-2015 18:24
I don't hear "And" before "Sometimes". I hear "And" only when "sometimes the storms come". And I'm not sure about "All breathe as one like you and I". So pity that I have only mono recording. I think this song sounds so nice in stereo mode.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 02-06-2015 23:40
Thanks for the reply. Did you contact their corporate office yet?
TipoDual
TipoDual | 06-06-2015 20:47
I'm not planning to contact their corporate office because I think it's uselessly. Probably all tracks from those USB flash drive was selected for playback by simple KFC's worker from one of the cities (maybe from Los Angeles or any other city). And I think that KFC can't help me to find this song because I guess that KFC don't know who has chosen music for playback and where he has taken it. I have one more KFC restaurant nearby my home and they always playback "KFC SO GOOD MUSIC" radiostation. But this radiostation never playback music which recorded on those USB flash drive. It's absolutely different music.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 07-06-2015 05:43
I guess you can ask the store who the person was that created it. I think that can be you're only hope. Unless the artist would like to announce herself.
TipoDual
TipoDual | 08-06-2015 12:35
I can't ask the store because I live in Moscow (Russia) but tracklist was created in America by simple man like you and I. KFC didn't know who create this tracklist. Maybe a girl or anybody who recorded and released this song will find our topic and will help me. I am ready to waiting the correct answer for a long time and I guess I will find it... maybe not soon but i will find it! Thanks!
roxcyn
roxcyn | 08-06-2015 18:18
You could Skype their corporate office. Someone has to know
TipoDual
TipoDual | 04-05-2021 10:00
Hello everybody! I have excellent news about song that I have been looking for the last six years.
Now I finally found it and I'm happy that I did it. This song have a title: "I'm Free".
Performed by Deborah Bishop (written by Deborah Bishop and George Leger III).
It was released in 2004 on the CD Album "Females on Fire" (Disc 1, track #9).
Unfortunately I didn't found a link to download it but CD is still on sale at Amazon and of course I've already ordered it.
About 3 years ago I found a several web-sites with music repertoires and sometimes I tried to find this song by the title there. But only today I finally found it. Short sample from www.allmusic.com/album/females-on-fire-mw0001025610 was the final step to check it.
Thank you again my dear friends that you tried to help me to identify it and many thanks for the lyrics. I definitely appreciate it.
From 2015 until today I believed and I hoped that we'll find it. I also thought all these years that Shazam will recognize this song but Shazam and similar applications still not know this song.
It's unbelievable that I will have this song in high quality soon... .
And that's just fine with me 'cause I'm free. I'm really feeling free 'cause my mission is finished.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 05-05-2021 12:11
That's awesome to hear, TipoDual. Thanks for being on the lookout and solving your mystery!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 08-05-2021 18:00
Wow! Brilliant
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: