LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Do you have green fingers?

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
Saina1712
Saina1712 | 16-01-2015 18:50
Stop looking at your fingers, if you are.
No7 (63.6 %)vote
Yes3 (27.3 %)vote
I don't know1 (9.1 %)vote
total votes: 11
16 comments
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 16-01-2015 19:24
I don't know
Don't understand question? My fingers are actually red though because they're extremely cold.

*Edit - Ok, yeah, I should have gotten that, like a green thumb. So, my actually vote is no. I have never kept a plant alive before, but I also don't have the desire to garden.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 16-01-2015 19:26
No
It means good at gardening, yes? If so, sadly not. I wish I did. I'd love to have a nice garden of my own. I was awful at helping my Mum out when I was a kid, though, which is what I'm basing my "No" on (but we can hope things have changed ).
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 16-01-2015 20:12
No
Saina1712
Saina1712 | 16-01-2015 23:18
No
Imagine a sweet teenager with lots of hope planted some seeds in pots and not a single seed even sprouted. The funny thing is that both of my parents have green fingers.

What does it mean to have green-fingers?

You are one of the chosen ones who have natural ability in growing plants. In order words, if you plant seeds or take care of a plant, it grows, flourishes and doesn't die. You're a freaking God of that plant!

Green fingers(British English) = Green thumb (American English)
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 16-01-2015 23:20
No
CarlJ
CarlJ | 17-01-2015 15:05
Yes
i'm decent
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 17-01-2015 19:31
Yes
I try.

Doesn't mean that I'm not "all thumbs" in my attempts---depends upon the plant---never tried the Mount Everest of plants, things like African Violets--Orchids---if anyone here has done that, then compared to you--I should have said NO!!!

Maybe spoke too soon---took another look today---2003 article
Not as difficult as I thought....hmmmmm

Don't give up Saina1712! It is possible to learn how-- then nature will reward you with "green fingers" (of course you gotta get them a little dirty/brown first if you don't mind that, the rest should come easier! (I always have advice, from experience of course, try the easiest ones first--depending upon your lighting conditions and humidity (in India) etc....
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 17-01-2015 19:41
No
i suck at gardening
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 17-01-2015 20:02
No
Not at all. I can't do gardens or backyards. I've even managed to kill my baby cactus and succulent, which made me really sad.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 17-01-2015 20:22
Sorry to read that Bruna, and poor cactus Jen, probably it was kindness (yes) that killed them, not neglect... cactus succulents survive on neglect out in the desert---do you remember if the bottoms got all dark and squishy before they died? Too much love and water does that. sorry... Always try again (but never buy in a store a tiny baby cactus unless you know what to do, you need a more mature one to survive outside of the store...
Saina1712
Saina1712 | 18-01-2015 10:45
Thanks for the advice, Practice. Once I'm done with my studies and other things I've resolved to do(which I hope to complete within this year), I'll make it my mission of the year 2016 to get myself green fingers. (And brag about it just like my dad does. That will show him.)

My mother once sowed green chilli's seeds in a pot upon my request. They sprouted so nicely. The little saplings looked so cute but the pigeons ate them. Pigeons are not at all nice birds.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 18-01-2015 15:11
LOL they should have been hot enough to keep them away.... secret is to know your wildlife, and plant what they HATE to eat! (we eat it of course)...
Don't ever worry about the seeds that died.... probably just planted them upside down, and didn't give enough weeks for them to right themselves they would have you know)
Good luck in getting those fingers green----ask parents for help, they seem to have knowledge they would be willing to share with you and I know India (somewhat) there are fertile, bare spaces everywhere wanting for green plants you can grow easy like!
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 18-01-2015 16:53
No
If that is about gardening : no. I water flowers until they die, so I don't really care about that. Seeing their yellow leaves mean it's over.
If that I really have green fingers : no. Their middle might turn blueish sometimes, when it's cold. I have to wear gloves.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 18-01-2015 17:16
My cactus is biiiig. Well, tall. It just won't grow the other way. :[
Saina1712
Saina1712 | 18-01-2015 17:32
I read in newspaper that birds don't feel hot when they eat chillies.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 19-11-2016 03:33
Yes
Yeah, some plants.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: