LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

New Year's Resolutions

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 01-01-2015 18:21
I found this pretty helpful last year so here are my goals for 2016!

1) Receive at least one other job offer and either take it or turn it down
2) Weigh 145 pounds by the end of the year
3) Be in a relationship by the end of the year
4) Wear my retainer at least once a week
5) Apply for The Amazing Race with my sister before the end of the year
6) Improve my Cantonese skills
7) Use the Crockpot to make more home-cooked meals
8) Understand more about finance/economics
9) Memorize all of the important phone numbers in my life
10) Finish this theology book I'm going through
76 to 100 of 116 comments
page 4 of 5
Joeyy
Joeyy | 16-03-2019 23:25
Go you!
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 17-03-2019 00:21
Jeff!

And the crowd goes wild!
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 06-06-2019 14:33
1. I am now in my third relationship. Crazy, I know. This one is going really well though, so the resolution is to find out if this person is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. There also has been some discussion about me getting a house soon, but I need to be sure about this relationship first.
2. My mental health has not been very good this year. I want to have better mental health and a more positive outlook to life this year.
3. I learned quite a bit more about finances in 2018, but still have plenty more to learn. Continue to learn more about finances and planning for the future this year.
4. Do some physical activity twice a week (gym, running, hiking, tennis, volleyball, pickle ball, and yoga are the main ones).
5. Figure out whether I want to stay at my current position long term, and/or look for another job.

1. I'm in my fourth one now, so pretty much the same resolution with this person.
2. Still working on this one. I'll be going to a mental health training with my work next Tuesday.
3. ...lol. Still need to learn more.
4. Doing ok on this one!
5. Still undecided on this one, it depends on the day haha.
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 19-12-2019 18:01
1. I am now in my third relationship. Crazy, I know. This one is going really well though, so the resolution is to find out if this person is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. There also has been some discussion about me getting a house soon, but I need to be sure about this relationship first.

That relationship ended rather abruptly in February. I entered another relationship in May though, and this one has been going quite well!

2. My mental health has not been very good this year. I want to have better mental health and a more positive outlook to life this year.

I started taking antidepressants in September, and they have helped a lot. They do cause me to have some pretty disturbing nightmares, but overall my mental health has been better since then.

3. I learned quite a bit more about finances in 2018, but still have plenty more to learn. Continue to learn more about finances and planning for the future this year.

I did this maybe a little bit...

4. Do some physical activity twice a week (gym, running, hiking, tennis, volleyball, pickle ball, and yoga are the main ones).

I think I did fine on this one, did some of all of these activities. Ran a marathon at the beginning of the year and a 15K this past Sunday.

5. Figure out whether I want to stay at my current position long term, and/or look for another job.

There are times when I enjoy my job, but a lot of times that I don't enjoy my job or my field. I had a work trip that went very poorly back in August and I had to leave early. It was the catalyst for me starting to take antidepressants in September. Fortunately I still have a job and have been switched to a modified schedule, but this is definitely a resolution I'll have to push to next year.
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 24-12-2019 04:11
2020:

1.Oral health - Brush twice a day, floss once a day, mouthwash. I'd like to start making these daily habits.

2. Mental health - Still needs work. Antidepressants have helped me feel less panicked, but i still have pretty high general anxiety. I have trouble spending too much time by myself because negative thoughts tend to build up in my head. Learn to better combat negative thoughts.

3. Job - Feel a little lost on this one. I'm on a modified schedule now which has helped a lot, but i still don't think it's a good fit for me. I don't find the work very fulfilling and i don't really fit in at work. But i also like the flexibility and being on a modified schedule. So, idk. I'd say the resolution here is to be happier at my job than I currently am, whether that be at my current job or a different one.

4. Physical health - Exercise twice a week, maybe try some new ones (biking)?

5. Relationship - it's going well, continue to pursue it and see what happens.

6. Music - Begin the process of recording the songs I've written.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 27-12-2019 17:56
1. Lose weight. starting a new plan on the 8th.
2. Get a new job that doesn't suck.
3. Find a lady.
4. Get a tattoo.
5. Get a picture of the Milky Way.

1. 25 pounds down!
2. Yep! Left my old job in March and got a new one. Currently love this job.
3. Started dating this girl almost three weeks ago.
4. Got the galaxy on my shoulder.
5. And not only did I get a picture of the Milky Way, but it also won me a competition!

Will post my goals for 2020 soon!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 01-01-2020 06:19
Goals for 2020:

1) Lose more weight. preferably 25 more pounds before May. Why May? My sister's wedding is then and wanna slim down even more. I was 216 pounds at the beginning of 2019 and now I'm 191! I think I can do it! No more pizza, lol.
2) Try and find a car. One that I should've tackled awhile ago but I was a doofus and got screwed. :/ Let's not do that anymore.
3) Continue maintaining mental health properly. This one is always a big one. 2019 was brutal for my mental health. With the loss of my great grandmother and a few other negative things towards the end of the year, my mental health had taken its toll.
4) Continue my current job or find something better, stay working.
5) Travel somewhere, anywhere for a few days and get photos. Another important one to me.. I need to leave WNY for a bit and head somewhere different for a few days.
6) Get an even better shot of the Milky Way. :]

Wishing everyone a happy, safe, loving and amazing 2020. This is gonna be a good one folks. I cannot wait to share successes with each and every one of you.
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 06-05-2020 18:38
Quick update:

1. Doing pretty well on this one. I've been brushing twice a day, and flossing and using mouthwash a few times a week.

2. Still working on this one. The current situation hasn't helped.

3. Going ok with this one. I have been enjoying my current job more.

4. Doing well on this one. Have been trying some different kinds of exercise through YouTube.

5. Still going well overall!

6. Haven't started this one yet.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 07-05-2020 03:15
Thanks for bumping this, Kaleb! Might as well do an update myself.

1) So because of this coronavirus crap going on, my sister had to cancel her wedding unfortunately. My diet is kinda meh. I haven't gained nor lost any weight. I'm not disappointed with that outcome, but I know I could be at my goal weight by now if I wanted. Just difficult.

2) Have hardly looked. Again, because of all this going on.

3) This has certainly taken a toll on my mental health and it's overall been a pretty poor year for it.

4) Still at the same place.

5) Hasn't happened cause of the current events.

6) Almost Milky Way season! End of May - early June is hopefully when I will get my new shot of it!

I can only hope that 2020 starts to live up to the hype. This year has been awful.
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 26-05-2020 15:43
Hey Jeff, just saw this. Sorry it's been kind of a rough year so far. =/ Hope you're able to get some good photos of the Milky Way!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 27-05-2020 03:48
It's not your fault, I think everyone has had a rough year, not just me. But me too! Been wanting to try that out with my new camera, so we'll see. Thanks man!
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 18-09-2020 19:52
Just putting in an update:

1) I've been doing better at brushing twice a day, but haven't quite been flossing every day. I think I'll do that now, haha.

2) Still a continuous battle, but I've been doing overall a bit better over the past few months since I have been able to be with family.

3) Still at my current job with the modified schedule. It's been good and I don't see myself changing it up for a while, at least until we get through this tough season that the world is in.

4) This one's going fine.

5) Unfortunately the relationship didn't work out. But I think it's for the best.

6) I think I'm pretty content with just writing them for now. I don't think I'll get around to recording my music until I feel like things are more settled.
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 28-12-2020 21:42
2020:

1.Oral health - Brush twice a day, floss once a day, mouthwash. I'd like to start making these daily habits.

I've been doing better at brushing twice a day, and using floss and mouthwash on a more regular basis. Think I'll go floss now lol.

2. Mental health - Still needs work. Antidepressants have helped me feel less panicked, but i still have pretty high general anxiety. I have trouble spending too much time by myself because negative thoughts tend to build up in my head. Learn to better combat negative thoughts.

Still working on this one.

3. Job - Feel a little lost on this one. I'm on a modified schedule now which has helped a lot, but i still don't think it's a good fit for me. I don't find the work very fulfilling and i don't really fit in at work. But i also like the flexibility and being on a modified schedule. So, idk. I'd say the resolution here is to be happier at my job than I currently am, whether that be at my current job or a different one.

I'm a lot happier at my job than I was a year ago!

4. Physical health - Exercise twice a week, maybe try some new ones (biking)?

Doing ok on this one, but could probably be eating a bit healthier.

5. Relationship - it's going well, continue to pursue it and see what happens.

2020 kind of blew up my relationship. Oh well.

6. Music - Begin the process of recording the songs I've written.

Not yet.
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 29-12-2020 22:23
2021:

1. Pray every day.
2. Speak to people kindly and react calmly.
3. Exercise 4-5 times a week / use my Planet Fitness membership.
4. Make new friends in Atlanta.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 30-12-2020 00:36
And Kalsonberry/Kaleb:
5. If you're now in Atlanta, Georgia: Don't forget to vote for your Senators! They're spending like $125 per voter, from both sides close to $1 Billion fundraising to get you to vote!
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 30-12-2020 01:42
Haha, i've already completed that resolution then! Thanks
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 30-12-2020 01:45
np, doing my best to get out the vote there!

* offtopic :
[Your profile here still says Phoenix if you ever wanted to change that]
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 01-01-2021 04:20
This is gonna be a good one folks.

Sorry y'all.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 01-01-2021 04:22
Goals for 2020:

1) Lose more weight. preferably 25 more pounds before May. Why May? My sister's wedding is then and wanna slim down even more. I was 216 pounds at the beginning of 2019 and now I'm 191! I think I can do it! No more pizza, lol.
2) Try and find a car. One that I should've tackled awhile ago but I was a doofus and got screwed. :/ Let's not do that anymore.
3) Continue maintaining mental health properly. This one is always a big one. 2019 was brutal for my mental health. With the loss of my great grandmother and a few other negative things towards the end of the year, my mental health had taken its toll.
4) Continue my current job or find something better, stay working.
5) Travel somewhere, anywhere for a few days and get photos. Another important one to me.. I need to leave WNY for a bit and head somewhere different for a few days.
6) Get an even better shot of the Milky Way. :]

1. Stayed the same, which is a win in my book.
2. Still looking everyday.
3. Coming outta this year stronger than I've ever been.
4. Left that shit ages ago. Still doing my photography though.
5. Near impossible cause of rona.
6. I'd say so.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 01-01-2021 04:27
2021 goals:

1. Maintain weight OR lose some. Get stronger bro.
2. Still look for a car, you're gonna need one bud.
3. Always maintain your mental health. Be proud of how much shit you've dealt with this year and you got through it.
4. Start being more independent and do things on your own.
5. RTC (will bring this up later in the year, all depending on the rona situation)
6. Find a girlfriend lol
7. Live life the way it's intended.
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 16-10-2021 12:46
1. Pray every day.
2. Speak to people kindly and react calmly.
3. Exercise 4-5 times a week / use my Planet Fitness membership.
4. Make new friends in Atlanta

1. Uhh, fail lol. Maybe once in a while.
2. Still struggle with this, but am trying to be better.
3. Umm, maybe 2-3?
4. I have done this!
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 27-12-2021 18:37
I didn't really do number 1 and 3, but I did do number 2 and 4. Jeff, how did you do?
Joeyy
Joeyy | 28-12-2021 06:48
2/4 ain't half bad, Kaleb.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 28-12-2021 22:03
1. Maintain weight OR lose some. Get stronger bro.
2. Still look for a car, you're gonna need one bud.
3. Always maintain your mental health. Be proud of how much shit you've dealt with this year and you got through it.
4. Start being more independent and do things on your own.
5. RTC (will bring this up later in the year, all depending on the rona situation)
6. Find a girlfriend lol
7. Live life the way it's intended.

1. I actually hit a record low for my weight. Hadn't weighed that since my senior year of high school!
2. Bought a car in April!
3. My mental health is the best it's been in seriously years!
4. This one took some time but I've definitely been a lot more independent!
5. This one was about returning to college hence the RTC acronym. I did go back to college and finished my first semester with a 3.89 GPA!
6. In the works.
7. That's all you can do nowadays.

Overall, I am really pleased with how this year treated me considering we are still in miserable times with a pandemic.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 31-12-2021 17:44
Goals for 2022:

1. Lose more weight. Proved to myself this year that I can in fact maintain and lose some weight.
2. Always maintain your mental health!
3. Keep grades up in college. There's no reason to fall behind.
4. Get better at golf.
5. Keep lookin for a potential lover.
6. Keep being as independent as you can be.
7. And always live life the way it's intended.

Let's go for it!
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: