LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

New Year's Resolutions

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 01-01-2015 18:21
I found this pretty helpful last year so here are my goals for 2016!

1) Receive at least one other job offer and either take it or turn it down
2) Weigh 145 pounds by the end of the year
3) Be in a relationship by the end of the year
4) Wear my retainer at least once a week
5) Apply for The Amazing Race with my sister before the end of the year
6) Improve my Cantonese skills
7) Use the Crockpot to make more home-cooked meals
8) Understand more about finance/economics
9) Memorize all of the important phone numbers in my life
10) Finish this theology book I'm going through
51 to 75 of 116 comments
page 3 of 5
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 20-12-2017 04:20
1. I just got out of a...relationship very recently. We weren't dating (although it's still questionable whether this person has romantic feelings for me), but this person was extremely clingy to me, treated me very poorly and insensitively, and was borderline stalker-ish asking me what I'm doing all the time. I found out this person unfriended me on facebook yesterday – I had a lot of mixed feelings when I first realized it, but the main emotion I'm feeling now is elation, freedom, and relief! One of my biggest resolutions for 2017 is to not let this person drag me down this year!

Yes. We are friends again but he is less clingy. It's not a perfect relationship but it's definitely better than it was.

2. Broaden the extracurriculars/activities I do outside of work. Not that church/Christian activities are bad, but look into getting involved in some environmental activities and other friend groups.

Didn't really do more environmental activities but I am an environmental engineer now, haha. Yes, I have made more friends outside of the Christian bubble.

3. Running has kind of become my thing this year – doing a half marathon in a couple weeks which I really need to train more for haha. Continue running this year or find another athletic activity I enjoy.

Yes, did Pat's Run (4.2 miles), Phoenix Half Marathon, and Hot Chocolate 15K. I also enjoy playing tennis and volleyball.

4. Try out a new healthy recipe every two weeks.

Eh, lol. I tend to fit recipes to the food I have rather than vice versa.

5. Get a new job. It's hard to want to leave because I do like the work environment, but I should be doing better.

Yes, I did this!
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 26-12-2017 03:15
I don't usually do these, but there are a few things that I want to accomplish this coming year, so I'm going to list them to look back on it later.

1. Pay off car, loan and credit card
2. Save at least $3000 for the year
3. Go on a trip (already in the works )
4. Go camping
5. Get a tattoo
6. Go on a date
7. Watch the remaining 10 seasons of Supernatural that I'm behind on
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 28-12-2017 19:08
Resolutions for 2018:

1. For the first time ever, I am in a relationship! All the songs I listened to growing up about falling in love are starting to all make sense to me now. Follow my heart, but stay smart. Don't make any choices that I'll regret in the future, but put in the effort to find out if this person is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with.

2. I have been putting off trying to figure out my financial status/situation (401K, stock options at work, mutual funds, investing, etc.). At this point I earn more than I use, but that's pretty much all I understand, lol. Have a better understanding of my financial situation and how it affects my future by the end of the year.

3. Find another hobby or two. While I do my best to stay busy, I still feel like I get to points where I sit around not really knowing what to do. I do like reading, music, going to concerts, tv shows, board games, staying active, and hanging out with friends. Not too into video games or watching movies and YouTube videos (although my significant other will probably make me do more of these, haha). I tried geocaching but that didn't hold my interest for too long. Let me know if you have any suggestions on this one.

4. Do some physical activity twice a week (gym, tennis, hiking, volleyball, yoga are my main ones).

5. Figure out whether I want to stay at my current position/see myself here long term. The pay/benefits and career growth opportunities are good, and there's often free food ( ), but the work and work environment is just ok and I don't think consulting really suits my personality.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 31-12-2017 15:18
Really happy for everyone who kept their resolutions from last year to this year... and good luck on the new ones for 2018..

But I did read that:

By Jan. 8, some 25 percent of resolutions have fallen by the wayside. And by the time the year ends, fewer than 10 percent have been fully kept

And the article explains the psychology behind that statement in more than 10 years of research and all about the important emotional successes in life.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 03-01-2018 15:59
for 2018
continue to nurture the kids....all 3! Keep letting them know that we care and love all three.
continue to grow in the relationship i have with Jennifer. Approaching out 3rd anniversary this year of being together.
get my finances more on track...this has been an uphil battle since the divorce, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Eat better and cook more.
work smarter, not longer.
continue to make it count.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 03-01-2018 18:00
1. Lose weight. starting a new plan on the 8th.
2. Get a new job that doesn't suck.
3. Find a lady.
4. Get a tattoo.
5. Get a picture of the Milky Way.

Let's do this boyos.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 03-01-2018 22:21
Do more. Continue budgeting and stick to the budgets, but treat myself more. Continue limiting tea and cheese intake, and eating more high fibre foods. Continue with daily strengthening exercises, energy permitting (get that fine bod). Continue to have daily times where I set technology aside and either allow thoughts to flow freely or read a book. Be less afraid of failure (be bolder). Hold on less tightly. Go back to Liverpool at least once, because it's a great city.
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 09-01-2018 15:39
Jo, have you heard of cheese tea? Haha, I guess you're trying to have less of both...
misfitgurl444
misfitgurl444 | 09-01-2018 18:13
I wasn't planning on making any resolutions, but I will.

1. Get back into exercising. We are looking into gyms today to see which one looks good.

2. Eat less sweets, by substituting in better sweets (fruit, dark chocolate, homemade chocolates, etc)

3. Work on more crafts and hopefully start selling on Etsy.

4. Get our house ready enough for a house warming party!
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 09-01-2018 18:24
* offtopic :
What kind of crafts do you do?
Joeyy
Joeyy | 09-01-2018 18:28
Congrats on the relationship, Kaleb. I hope it works out the way you want. I don't think I had heard of cheese tea...and I won't be trying it now that I have.

What kind of crafts, Dee? Good luck!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 09-01-2018 18:28
...Oh.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 09-01-2018 18:48
* offtopic :
We better be invited to the house warming party!
misfitgurl444
misfitgurl444 | 09-01-2018 21:28
Sewing mainly. I made Rosco a coat lol. I usually make bags, dog stuff. I'm looking to expand my crafts lol
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 31-01-2018 17:13
One month in, how's everyone doing?

1) It's going ok. We do like each other but we're definitely very different. We're also long distance now (3 hour drive). We'll see how it goes.
2) I have a better understanding of my work benefits now. Still working on the investing part.
3) Uh, I've been catching up on some tv, haha. My life has been pretty stressful the past couple years so I'm just trying to find more time to relax at the moment.
4) Think I'm doing ok on this one - hiked Saturday, played tennis Sunday, and did yoga on Monday.
5) ....eh, lol. I just started this position in August, so I think this is more of a resolution for the second half of the year.
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 16-12-2018 03:18
Alright, 2018 is winding down so it's time to see how I did.

Resolutions for 2018:

1. For the first time ever, I am in a relationship! All the songs I listened to growing up about falling in love are starting to all make sense to me now. Follow my heart, but stay smart. Don't make any choices that I'll regret in the future, but put in the effort to find out if this person is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with.

We broke up in February. It was a good and amicable breakup though, so I'd say I completed this resolution.

2. I have been putting off trying to figure out my financial status/situation (401K, stock options at work, mutual funds, investing, etc.). At this point I earn more than I use, but that's pretty much all I understand, lol. Have a better understanding of my financial situation and how it affects my future by the end of the year.

Sort of...I understand it a little better, but still have a long way to go. Probably will continue this as a resolution for the coming year.

3. Find another hobby or two. While I do my best to stay busy, I still feel like I get to points where I sit around not really knowing what to do. I do like reading, music, going to concerts, tv shows, board games, staying active, and hanging out with friends. Not too into video games or watching movies and YouTube videos (although my significant other will probably make me do more of these, haha). I tried geocaching but that didn't hold my interest for too long. Let me know if you have any suggestions on this one.

Hmm...don't think I really did this one. That list is still pretty much what I do for fun.

4. Do some physical activity twice a week (gym, tennis, hiking, volleyball, yoga are my main ones).

I'd say I followed this one for the most part. Went to the gym quite a bit the first half of the year, did volleyball during the summer, played some tennis and did some hikes, and did yoga when I preferred to stay at home. I'm training for a marathon in January so I've mostly been running the past couple of months.

5. Figure out whether I want to stay at my current position/see myself here long term. The pay/benefits and career growth opportunities are good, and there's often free food ( ), but the work and work environment is just ok and I don't think consulting really suits my personality.

I still feel about the same about my job, but I will say that the flexible hours are nice. I also feel like it was easier to find projects to work on this year than last year. I've been on the night shift for a project for the past couple months though, which has been terrible. I'd say I'm continuing this resolution for next year.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 16-12-2018 03:50
Thanks for bumping this, Kaleb! Was gonna visit this soon as well.

1. Lose weight. starting a new plan on the 8th.
2. Get a new job that doesn't suck.
3. Find a lady.
4. Get a tattoo.
5. Get a picture of the Milky Way.

1. I started at a weight that I didn't want to be at and I finished at a weight that I still don't want to be at. I've talked to my doctor about a diet that will benefit me and because I'm back at the YMCA, I get a free membership so I will be utilizing that to help lose weight and build muscle.
2. Went back to the YMCA. So far, it's going well!
3. No luck unfortunately. Maybe 2019 will be the year.
4. Got that done!
5. Ah yes, I got this done too! See this and this!

2018 was a wake up call, that's for sure. It started out poorly but it got progressively better.
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 16-12-2018 16:41
Nice, Jeff!
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 28-12-2018 16:19
Resolutions for 2019:

1. I am now in my third relationship. Crazy, I know. This one is going really well though, so the resolution is to find out if this person is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. There also has been some discussion about me getting a house soon, but I need to be sure about this relationship first.

2. My mental health has not been very good this year. I want to have better mental health and a more positive outlook to life this year.

3. I learned quite a bit more about finances in 2018, but still have plenty more to learn. Continue to learn more about finances and planning for the future this year.

4. Do some physical activity twice a week (gym, running, hiking, tennis, volleyball, pickle ball, and yoga are the main ones).

5. Figure out whether I want to stay at my current position long term, and/or look for another job.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 31-12-2018 01:57
Goals for 2019:

1. Get a car that isn't junk
2. Lose at least 40 pounds
3. Possibly get another tattoo
4. Finally find a damn woman
5. Win a photography contest (there's one in August)

Let's do this.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 31-12-2018 02:10
NYR 2019:

A) Weight loss/fitness
B) Finance: more in savings, learn more on topics of interest.
C) Redo room, upgrade items
D) Truck

To avoid failures, I wrote down steps and more in details. I'm already in a fitness program which I stated a month or two so I want to continue with my changes. Finances, I have a good amount saved, but I want a bigger amount as a recession is on the way. I have written down a few finance topics I'm interested in, but I don't know much about. I definately want to learn more. House - there are some projects I want done to improve it, and I want to redo my room. I really want to get a pick up truck. The catch is, I want to pay all or mostly in cash. No financing!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-01-2019 22:57
Do more. Continue budgeting and stick to the budgets, but treat myself more. Continue limiting tea and cheese intake, and eating more high fibre foods. Continue with daily strengthening exercises, energy permitting (get that fine bod). Continue to have daily times where I set technology aside and either allow thoughts to flow freely or read a book. Be less afraid of failure (be bolder). Hold on less tightly. Go back to Liverpool at least once, because it's a great city.

I think I've done decently.

Failures: Although I did read more, it wasn't as much as I would've liked, and I actually started reading books on my phone for the first time, so I often wasn't setting technology aside. I also didn't make it back to Liverpool. Maybe this year.

Successes: I worked out at home regularly enough to have noticeably (at least to me) more muscle in my arms and stomach. I plan on continuing this this year, as well as starting to work on my legs, which suffer from muscle loss and often hurt. Health issues kept me home a lot more than I'd planned, but I made it to big moments such as the wedding of friends and the Christmas event I helped organise. Since I couldn't get out much, I treated myself via shopping instead, which I don't normally do. I bought myself a new bag because my old one was falling apart; two new coats (first time owning more than one as an adult); a new pair of Vans; and new boots! Spoilt myself. That said, I managed my budget all year and have set one up for the year ahead. I didn't always stick to it, but I made (and stuck to) payment plans for paying back any money I owed to myself, and I think I've factored the "unforeseen" into this year's budget better. I've stuck to 3-4 teas a day almost the entire year (bar maybe two weeks, but I got myself back on track) and to 2-3 "cheese days" per week. I've also continued eating the high fibre food as planned. I think I've been slightly bolder. There have been a few times where I haven't felt great, but I've pushed myself to do something anyway and it's been fine, and I also cooked chicken by myself for the first time (a big deal for an emetophobe!) The meal was genuinely delicious, too.

This new year will hopefully involve more of the same types of victories. I also need to cut down on the amount of a particular cereal that I eat (it's delicious but not very nutritious, and I have it way too much ) and start flossing. Edit: Oh, and I'd like to finally either get a tattoo or get one or both nipples pierced.
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 11-03-2019 15:59
1. Yikes! This one ended. It's been a rough couple of months. But the best thing I can do for myself now is to move forward.

2. Trying to. It's been a rough couple of months, but my counselor and friends have helped me through a lot and hopefully things will get better from here.

3. This one is always a work in progress.

4. Not too bad on this one. Running and yoga are my go-tos.

5. I actually have a good job if I decide to stay in this field. The question is do I want to stay in it.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 11-03-2019 22:53
Aww, I'm sorry, Kaleb. That's unexpected. I hope the rest of the year picks up for you. Focus on the successes.

Mine are going well enough, except I still haven't started flossing. I think about it all the time, lol.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 16-03-2019 20:29
2. Lose at least 40 pounds

Down 8, lol. Small steps.

And if you're wondering "how the hell are you losing weight when all you do is eat pizza?" Well the answer is simple: I've cut down on my pizza consumption significantly. I also have cut out a lot of junk food as well. I will still munch on some chips here and there but not like I used to. I've also thrown in cardio daily and weight lifting.

Really hope I get to my desired weight.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: