LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Favourite Christmas Songs

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
tigerbee
tigerbee | 04-12-2014 23:02
Hello, it's the Christmas season again thus post your favourite Christmas songs here!. My favourite Christmas song is- O Holy Night because it sums up the true meaning of Christmas. A Merry Christmas 2014 to yous!.
12 comments
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 05-12-2014 08:35
O Holy Night is probably my favorite traditional Christmas song, along with O Come All Ye Faithful, We Three Kings, and Go Tell It On The Mountain.

Some of my favorite secular Christmas songs are:
Coldplay - Christmas Lights (and the Yellowcard cover of it)
Jimmy Eat World - Last Christmas
Relient K - 12 Days Of Christmas
Relient K - I Celebrate The Day
Owl City - Light Of Christmas (feat. TobyMac)
Anberlin - Baby Please Come Home
The Weezer Christmas album
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 05-12-2014 11:25
tigerbee
tigerbee | 05-12-2014 16:50
O Holy Night is also a beautiful song!.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 05-12-2014 16:56
But that's a hymn. Don't you have a favourite that isn't a hymn, tigerbee?
tigerbee
tigerbee | 05-12-2014 17:37
Joeyy, O Holy Night is a hymn but it's still a song too because it has lyrics and music!.A hymn is basicly a Gospel song.Their's no doubt O Holy Night is a real Christmas song!.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 14-12-2014 15:32
True, but it's not a song you can attribute to one particular artist having a hit with; not one you'd find on any mainstream radio station or channel in their Christmas playlist. I'm not saying it's not a valid choice; just asking if you have any favourites that aren't hymns.

My favourite has always been The Pogues - Fairytale Of New York. Others include Jona Lewie's Stop the Cavalry, Greg Lake's I Believe In Father Christmas, Slade's Merry Xmas Everybody, Wizzard's I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday, and Chris de Burgh's odd but religious song A Spaceman Came Travelling.

I could go on, but won't.
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 15-12-2014 10:40
Somehow I knew before clicking that would be the Mariah Carey song, haha
jsimms52
jsimms52 | 15-12-2014 17:14
It's just such a happy, christmassy song haha. I have no shame in liking it. Doesn't she have a Christmas album? I'm sure I like a few songs on there.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 15-12-2014 17:39
I hate the Band Aid song...all three of them.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 16-12-2014 00:54
Joeyy, definitely agree with you on the Greg Lake and Wizzard songs. Love those a lot! I especially love Wizzard because the band has Roy Wood in it, who was a member of Electric Light Orchestra, one of my all-time favorite bands.

I've only heard one of the Band Aid songs, the original '80s one, and I think it's pretty good. Kinda reluctant to listen to the other 2, though.

As for me, I've had a Gene Autry Christmas CD ever since I was little and I've always enjoyed it. This one, to be exact. Brings back quite the memories.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 16-12-2014 14:54
In no particular order...

The Charlie Brown Christmas CD.... Vince Guaraldi Trio

Christmas Cookies-George Strait

Same Old Lang Syne--Dan Fogelberg

The Chanukah Song--Adam Sandler

Happy Holiday/the Holiday Season-Andy Williams

Blue Christmas--Porky Pig

Winter Wonderland.....any artist will do....

12 Days of Christmas--Straight No Chaser

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas--any artist

Home for the Holidays--Carpenters

there are lots more, but probably my top ten....

POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: