LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Songs That Need To Be Removed

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 05-08-2014 13:01
I'm starting to come across more and more duplicate songs that need to be deleted - but I can't do anything about some of them, namely duplicate songs by artists that already have moderators. I'll use this thread to list dupe songs I can't delete myself, as I can't find any already-existing threads used for this purpose.

*Update*
If you notice a song or album that you think should be removed from the site, please privately message only one of the following content editors: Joeyy, Olivia_Ka, or PinkFloyd. Please give a reason why you believe it should be removed. Most common reasons are either the song is a fake or it's a duplicate.

In case of a fake, try to provide another source as proof.

In case of a duplicate, keep the song/album with the most:
- valued history (oldest)
- LSI rank
- chart rank
- copyright/composing credits
- comments/ratings

Being linked to an album does not matter, relinking is simple. It may be up to you, the moderator, to check the duplicates and make your best judgement, don't just delete whatever someone sends you.

Thanks
51 to 75 of 165 comments
page 3 of 7
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 15-09-2014 16:30
Someone just stupidly added the song there. There are many duplicate songs on this site. Why are you worried about it? It's removed now. It's like you just want to argue with people about nothing.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 15-09-2014 18:49
Maybe she did... But you haven't heard of it so you tell me "no"...

Just because I haven't heard it doesn't mean I don't know how to deal with this situation. All I had to do was research if Miley did a version, and she didn't. That's that. Plus, it's very rare that a featured artist of a song does their own version of it.

Yes, I've said it was only on Borgore's album. So why the hell was there "Decisions" in Miley's map and "Decisions" in Borgore's map?

Duplicate songs exist.

It is, Nicholas.

No, it's not. Seriously. It's extremely simple, and you're making a huge deal out of nothing. And my name's spelled Nicolas, btw.

It's like you just want to argue with people about nothing.

She does that a lot, though. It's nothing new.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 16-09-2014 00:02
Song that needs to be deleted - "Twix Commercial" by Anastacia. I really don't see why a Twix commercial that Anastacia was in should have its own lyrics page. The "song name" is conjectural and it was never released.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 16-09-2014 00:09
Plus, it's very rare that a featured artist of a song does their own version of it.

Have you heard the 2 different versions of "Wake Me Up"? The original by Avicii and the cover by Aloe Blacc? The latter is the vocalist on both versions but the arrangements are different.
Someone just stupidly added the song there. There are many duplicate songs on this site.
Complicated and stressful, didn't I say that on the previous page?
Why are you worried about it? It's removed now.

I did remove the wrong entry...
It's like you just want to argue with people about nothing.
Yeah Sierra... But you don't understand what I wanted to say exactly. I don't know enough if there are either 2 solo versions, or one duet/featuring that appears on an album.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 16-09-2014 00:24
* offtopic :
Celine, you need to stop. Leave it now, otherwise Sarah will have to get involved again and she's given you enough warnings.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 16-09-2014 00:54
Have you heard the 2 different versions of "Wake Me Up"? The original by Avicii and the cover by Aloe Blacc? The latter is the vocalist on both versions but the arrangements are different.

I was thinking about that, actually, as a rare instance where a featured artist does their own version of a song. But that's not the case here.

Anyways, I'm done arguing about this. It's getting ridiculous. I've seen you get heated over the tiniest discrepancies but you're just not letting this one go.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 16-09-2014 05:31
Joey, please, I'm falling asleep and reading your message really disturbs me!
* offtopic :
Celine, you need to stop.
* offtopic :
You can't tell me that, Joey, I clearly disagree with you this time! We used to be friends... But your message, I take it as a threat against another "super artist mod".

* offtopic :
Leave it now, otherwise Sarah will have to get involved again and she's given you enough warnings.
* offtopic :
Leaving this thread like I did with the randomness one yesterday? My eye! She gave me enough warnings? Just a sec, you're telling me something wrong. They were only for the song help threads, Joey, not for the "artist mod" ones.

No one can tell me if
- Delta recorded a solo version of Almost Here
- Brian recorded a solo version of Almost Here
- Miley recorded a solo version of Decisions before Borger
No, she didn't do her own version.

Well, I disagree with what Nicolas said : the solo versions might exist as demos. Unfortunately, they might not be available on the Net. Please, check before you post fake lyrics!

Ha, does that mean that any artist mods don't do their tasks correctly if they can't determine whether a song is 2 times solo or once a duet/featuring? In that case, that means I don't do correctly. I really can't determine that.

Deleting pages is really complicated and stressful! We shouldn't have accepted that fact : editing songs, OK but deleting songs, NOT OK. So what should I do of these duplicate songs instead of deleting them? It's a waste of pages, you understand? Should I change their titles, add other lyrics and transfer them to another artist? I really feel uncomfortable with this right of deleting songs, still I refuse to leave my functions here. Please don't disturb me when I'm going to sleep.

*Breaks all the tiles with none remaining intact*
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 16-09-2014 15:30
Oh for the love of Pete, Celine! Is this what you do all day, argue over petty things just because you are the only one on the planet who confuses yourself over nothing? Yikes!

No one can tell me if:
- Miley recorded a solo version of Decisions before Borger

You've been given the answer to this several times now. Arguing the fact just because you don't like the answer is not going to miraculously change the situation.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 16-09-2014 15:41
Who the hell is this Pete now? I knew something was up, why you were being so distant. Don't look at me. *leaves quietly*
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 16-09-2014 15:46
* offtopic :
But, but... it's not what you think!!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 16-09-2014 16:04
She's good at what she does Jen.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 16-09-2014 19:37
Celine, you need to stop. Leave it now, otherwise Sarah will have to get involved again and she's given you enough warnings.

Don't a certain amount of warnings ultimately lead to a ban? That's how it's been on other forums I've been on, but I don't know if that's how it works here.

It bothers me that you say that like it's an achievement she should be proud of or something.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 16-09-2014 19:39
Ignore it, Nicolas. Time to get back on-topic (everyone); posting songs for removal. Otherwise this will just go on.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 16-09-2014 19:40
I do want an answer to my question about how bans work here, though, because it's something I want to be aware of. After that I'll shut up.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 16-09-2014 19:46
* offtopic :
Oh, I'm sorry, I should've answered that. Unless a post is obviously spam, members are normally warned before being carded (if they continue the offense, a card occurs). Different cards have a different amount of points, e.g. cards for advertising and racism earn 10 points, insults 8, etc. (there's probably a link somewhere to a full explanation; I'll look in a moment). High points = a ban, basically. The more cards, the more points, meaning the longer the ban. It could be for a day or a hundred days (if you were carded for everything, I think).

Edit: Look here for a proper explanation.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 16-09-2014 19:53
Celine gets a pass because she does *so* much work around here. Also because she's insane I think we feel bad, I guess? I don't. I gave up so I chose to no longer be a forum moderator. Couldn't work along side her anymore. But yes, back to the topic.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 16-09-2014 20:02
Celine, my warnings are not only for the song help threads. They are for the forum in general. You are rude, you do not listen, and you argue nearly any chance you get.
And the fact that other members are noticing your apparent disregard and "above the law" attitude is not acceptable. Joey is absolutely right, you need to stop.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 16-09-2014 20:11
It's a shame that she gets away with that.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 17-09-2014 01:27
It's a shame that she gets away with that.

Ah, I've walked away from this for one day...
Arguing the fact just because you don't like the answer is not going to miraculously change the situation.
No, I've said that if I can't determine whether it is 2 solo songs or one duet, in that case, well, I'm a bad artist mod. Is it true? I've told you that the "add additional artist" function helps me a lot. You'll regret it.

You've been given the answer to this several times now.

Jen, you must be a better artist mod than I am. Your answer really surprises me, whoo! How do you know that Miley didn't record her own version and there's only the Borgore feat. Miley version? So Nicolas was right on this point? A PM if you really can explain : have you met Borgore in person/have you sent him a mail and he gave you the answer? Yes, you have?
Celine gets a pass because she does *so* much work around here.
Sierra, why is the word *so* is between stars and not the word *pass*?* offtopic :
Remember when I said that I did a big mistake on this site, one month anf half ago? Is this the reason why you left the forum mod crew in July?

Thanks for supporting me, Jeff!
Joey is absolutely right, you need to stop.

She should have deleted her message or completely changed it, instead of telling me "you need to stop" and "warnings several times".
Is this what you do all day, argue over petty things just because you are the only one on the planet who confuses yourself over nothing?
Well, none of you have answered my questions, like this one.
So what should I do of these duplicate songs instead of deleting them? It's a waste of pages, you understand?

Last night was just full of overexcitement and overworking and I went to bed at 7am or 8am.* offtopic :
And I went away after having banged my head on the wall, yesterday wasn't a very good day to come back on this site. I just did a lot of sacrifices recently and most of times I ask questions - they're not answered every time.

My words may have not convinced you. I'm leaving.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 17-09-2014 01:30
Good lord. Weren't you told to drop the subject multiple times now?
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 17-09-2014 01:30
No.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 17-09-2014 01:31
And I haven't even read my PMs.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 17-09-2014 01:37
I added fuel to the fire and I apologize for what I said. I actually regretted it right after I posted it. I should have kept on ignoring you, it was just tough there for a minute.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 17-09-2014 01:45
You were asked to stop, Celine. If you are not going to add to the actual subject of this thread then leave it and stop posting such rude comments. You will be carded if you continue.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 17-09-2014 02:06
I don't agree with you, Sarah! Any artist mod should know that. I'm a bad artist mod, that's all.
I added fuel to the fire and I apologize for what I said. I actually regretted it right after I posted it.
Where? I haven't read my PMs yet.
If you are not going to add to the actual subject of this thread then leave it and stop posting such rude comments. You will be carded if you continue.
Which rude comments? Please, no lessons because I had carded Joey! No, it'll be your turn to stop if anyone answers correctly to my 2 questions.
So what should I do of these duplicate songs instead of deleting them? It's a waste of pages, you understand?

Ha, does that mean that any artist mods don't do their tasks correctly if they can't determine whether a song is 2 times solo or once a duet/featuring? In that case, that means I don't do correctly. I really can't determine that.

I completely dislike when people do not answer my questions. I sacrificed myself for asking questions about artist moderating.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: