the internet lyrics database
en
Back to old website
Follow 3
Add topic
Search
CarlJ
CarlJ | 18:21
Post here for anyone that has died or for an anniversary of a singer, songwriter, actor, author, sports player, etc. You could also say what you appreciated about them.

Keep it nice, keep it neat, keep it clean.

That work?

I'll start with John Spinks, one of the original founding members of the Outfield.
1,101 to 1,125 of 1,180 comments
page 45 of 48
Captain_Keeta
Demaryius Thomas, former NFL WR who spent most of his career in Denver with the Broncos. It was just announced a little bit ago that he has passed away at the age of 33. No cause of death has been determined.

RIP DT88.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 23:49
Michael Nesmith, singer-songwriter best known for being a member of The Monkees, has passed away at 78 due to heart failure.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 12:55
And he and Mickey JUST finished the farewell tour of The Monkees. How sad.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 12:56
Al Unser Sr. Al Unser, one of only four drivers to win the Indianapolis 500 a record four times, died following a long illness. He was 82.
Unser died at his home in Chama, New Mexico, with his wife, Susan, by his side, Indianapolis Motor Speedway said early Friday. He had been battling cancer for 17 years.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 13:25
Anne Rice, influential author of "Interview with the Vampire," died on Dec 10th, 2021, due to complications resulting from a stroke. She was 80.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 20:02
Sally Ann Howes, who starred in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and My Fair Lady, has died aged 91.
The Tony Award-nominated actress first appeared on screen aged 12, and enjoyed a career that spanned six decades.
She was best known for playing the role of Truly Scrumptious in the 1968 musical film Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, opposite Dick Van Dyke.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 04:37
Robin Le Mesurier (March 22, 1953-December 22, 2021)
English guitarist known to have played for Rod Stewart and Johnny Hallyday. He was 68.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 15:39
Actor Jack Hedly.....92
Hedley was known for his "powerful performances," according to Turner Classic Movies, and the actor built up an impressive 99 credits during his decades-long career, which included appearances in Lawrence of Arabia and For Your Eyes Only.
Captain_Keeta
NFL legend John Madden died unexpectedly this morning. He was 85.
Captain_Keeta
There are reports that Betty White passed away today at the age of 99. She was an absolute legend.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 21:32
A legend indeed. Sad to hear. She would have been 100 on January 17th.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 21:52
Damn, that's heartbreaking. I feel like so many people just figured she would be still going strong well into her 100s, so I'm not surprised people were thinking it was a hoax at first. And yes, just 17 days shy of her 100th birthday...wow.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 02:16
I thought she was going to reach 100. She was a great actor and she reached so many people.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 16:38
that' s sad about her, but, if you look at it from a different perspective....she lived thru 24 leap years...if you add those 24 days.......makes it that she made 100 and about 7 extra days.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 16:05
Sidney Poitier, the pioneering actor and director who became the first bankable Black leading man in Hollywood, has died at age 94/
Poitier, who was born in the U.S. but grew up in the Bahamas, broke multiple racial barriers in his decades-long career, including when he became the first Black actor to win the Academy Award, for his role in 1963's "Lilies of the Field."
From his first film performance, playing a doctor who treats a bigoted white man in 1950's "No Way Out," he blazed a trail by refusing to play roles that traded on racial stereotypes. He followed his debut film by playing a minister in 1951's "Cry, the Beloved Country," set in apartheid-era South Africa, and then an angsty high schooler in 1954's "The Blackboard Jungle."
Poitier picked up his first Oscar nomination for 1959's "The Defiant Ones," starring with Tony Curtis as two escaped criminals who must work together to elude the authorities. Four years later, he made history by taking home the Best Actor trophy for "Lilies of the Field," starring as a former GI who helps a group of Catholic nuns build a new chapel.
More commercial roles followed, culminating with a trifecta of commercial and critical hits in 1967 — the classroom drama "To Sir, With Love," the crime thriller "In the Heat of the Night" and the romantic drama "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" — that made Poitier the top box office draw of the year.
One of my favorites of his was Sneakers.....with Robert Redford, Dan Aykroyd and the late River Phoenix
CarlJ
CarlJ | 16:12
Peter Bogdanovich, an American director, writer, actor, producer, critic, and film historian, has died at 82
One of the "New Hollywood" directors, Bogdanovich started as a film journalist until he got hired to work on Roger Corman's The Wild Angels (1966). After that film's success, he directed his own film Targets (1968), a critical success. He gained widespread recognition for his acclaimed coming-of-age film The Last Picture Show (1971). The film received eight Academy Award nominations, including for the Best Picture, with Bogdanovich receiving nominations for Best Director and Best Adapted Screenplay.
Following The Last Picture Show, he directed the screwball comedy What's Up, Doc? (1972), a major box office success, and another critical and commercial success, Paper Moon (1973), which earned him a Golden Globe Award for Best Director nomination. His following three films were all critical and commercial failures, including Daisy Miller (1974). He took a three-year hiatus before making a comeback with cult films Saint Jack (1979) and They All Laughed (1981). After his girlfriend Dorothy Stratten's murder, he took another four-year hiatus from filmmaking and wrote a memoir on her death titled The Killing of the Unicorn before making a comeback with Mask (1985), a critical and commercial success. He later went on to direct films such as Noises Off (1992), The Thing Called Love (1993), The Cat's Meow (2001), and She's Funny That Way (2014). As an actor, he is known for his roles in HBO series The Sopranos and Orson Welles's last movie The Other Side of the Wind (2018), which he also helped to finish. He received a Grammy Award for Best Music Film for directing the Tom Petty documentary Runnin' Down a Dream (2007).
Captain_Keeta
There are numerous reports that Bob Saget has been reportedly found dead in his hotel at the age of 65. Bob was stand-up comedian, actor, television host and director.

I truly can't believe this if this is actually real.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 11:27
I can't believe it about Bob Saget!
CarlJ
CarlJ | 12:39
Unfortunately, it was real. They are saying he died in his sleep after his show Saturday night. Don't know exact cause, but they say he looked peaceful.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 23:01
Ronnie Spector the cat-eyed, bee-hived rock 'n' roll siren who sang such 1960s hits as "Be My Baby," "Baby I Love You" and "Walking in the Rain" as the leader of the girl group the Ronettes, has died. She was 78. One of her more famous songs later in life was her hit with Eddie Money, "Take Me Home Tonight
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 13:03
Rosa Lee Hawkins (September 24, 1944-January 11, 2022)
Original member of The Dixie Cups. Another girl trio from the sixties, known for the single Chapel Of Love, also recorded by The Ronettes and The Beach Boys. She was 77.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 09:15
Karim Ouellet (December 8, 1984-January 17, 2022)
Senegalese-born Canadian singer, who released 3 albums in French, also brother of rapper Sarahmée and one of the songwriters for The Mess' final single Je T'Attendrai Encore. Found dead in a studio, he was only 37 years old.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 12:48
Singer and actor Meat Loaf has passed away at 74. He is best-known for his powerful voice and his Bat Out of Hell trilogy of albums, the first of which is one of the best-selling albums in history. In the acting world, he is best-known for his portrayal of Eddie in The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Bob Paulson in Fight Club.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 14:54
That's sad.....i was never a big fan of his, but he died young. and loved him in Americathon 1999
CarlJ
CarlJ | 16:46
Louie Anderson....68. Comedian. Got his first break on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. Won an Emmy for his role on the series Baskets.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: