LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en
Follow 1
Add topic
Search
juicy1
juicy1 | 09-05-2014 12:38
Is your computer running slow?

Are you looking to buy a new computer but don't know what to look for?

Are you looking for people to game with?

Looking to buy a new phone?

Do you have a question about computers or the interwebs?

Ask here and I'll be glad to lend a hand in any way I can.

I'm a WiFi Engineer with experience in routers, switches, linux, windows, apple, PC troubleshooting, WAN and LAN troubleshoots, MySQL, SQL Workbench, DHCP, DNS, AD, Radius and of course WiFi.

276 to 300 of 387 comments
page 12 of 16
juicy1
juicy1 | 07-08-2014 12:12
Go to Start-All Programs-Accessories-System Tools-System Restore. Once it loads, click create a restore point
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 07-08-2014 13:48
Thank you Joe! (Still checking those new drivers--- see if anyone has reported problems with them I should be aware of etc etc... I do lots of research before I take a step with a computer!)
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 07-08-2014 13:54
I try to leave "a trail of breadcrumbs" in case others read computer help files with same problem--- so they can find resolutions too... so not to overdo it but here is a link to a video that shows how to create a restore point in Windows 7
Problem with me is I'm old fashioned, so I have theme set way back to XP/Vista style not categories so had to search to find "system protection" ....
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 07-08-2014 14:04
Oh thanks again for suggestion to go check with SONY---due to equpemnt backup warranty from seller, no OEM on Windows 7 et al I never had need to use or consult with SONY until all the warranties expired and they said it would cost me $200 yr for Hardware coverage and $300 yr for software (maybe reversed---) anyway after two years you just paid out for a new laptop--and they told me on phone "yup! That's the idea!"
juicy1
juicy1 | 07-08-2014 14:21
I don't understand your post. Downloading drivers is free, you don't need to pay them anything.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 07-08-2014 15:17
* offtopic :
Off topic: (can erase after reading it if too much off topic for your computer page)

Oh sorry Joe... can't do it so "pressed the "don't fix" button"
Its asking for a fee to register! $4.97 fee for seven days..........Unkown if longer fees or reoccurring fees occur if they access the credit card/pay pal et al after 7 days..
Trying to discover what fees they charge AFTER 7 days are up.. all I get is help page they will "gently" remind me every day or so that the program has "expried" and I need to buy further license for an undisclosed amount..
So without writing off topic too much here... I do not control the "purchase orders" for this outside/personal computer... there has to be proceedures to be followed...forms to be asked for and filed in "quadrupliate" and up the line....
Essentially I'm the computer guru and big user here... and the IT guy shakes his head at the story... for example in 1990 (?) one of earliest Anti-Virus programs came out... was asked by those who just think of a computer as a money box.. insert bills in the CD slot right? "WHY do we need to spend more money on this program?"----we already purchased other programs for the "computer"
Well.. its because people write these programs called "Viruses" that can infect the computer.. don't know its being done until too late...
Well "quote" " just tell them to stop it then! Then you don't need to spend money on the Anti Virus program!" ( no LOL here I"m serious!)
Not end of story----got the PO set up and paid for Norton Anti Virus for 1990---of course YOU know what's coming next...
Its 1991---now we got to "renew" the Anti-Virus program....

WHY?

Because there are new viruses out there and we need to stay up to date...
Well can't we just be protected using the old program? NO? Well that's too bad not going to keep paying for new Anti-Virus programs every year we use a computer for the business!
Well---that discussion has come and gone... now I have a new one "today" for the same people--- how to convince that I need a "program" to install "new" drivers! (what are drivers anyway??? I'll be asked to explain first) and second: why do we need to pay for it? Internet sites are free--- just go and find the drivers for free (of course not as the free sites come with dangerous "toolbars etc" that Norton warns me have been listed as "malicious software sites" and not to visit it--do not download from it as with drivers comes the "program" that is malicious (you know just read all the reviews like I do of these sites) ... so no new drivers from 100's of freebie sites and no drivers from paid sites either...
I thought this seemed to be a offical drive site location with "free" drivers..
So back to the drawing board.....
No new drivers for the SONY until actually need a new computer---then it will come with new drivers I'm certain of it! (FYI: can't just insert my own card number in here .... I don't know if and how computer saves such info there is "zero" cards on this computer to protect anyone from stealing that information or making accidental or purposeful charges (like to Amazon instant video et al) by simply pressing a button--- no cards on file.. mine would be the first.. . so unless I find another way to do this (since you are familiair with it I have lots of Mac stuff too-- an iPad without any card on it 100% free-- can you belive it?)
-------
P.S. So thanks again for your posting! I went to "offical Sony Driver Site" with Black Sony band and everything and had many labels and PC mag approved and Citibank guards your purchase etc etc all over the place... so it "looked legit"
But it was not.... found link to another site..... Hopefully "offical Sony Site"
But it turns out no "free" downloads of drivers either as either I do each one by myself (it does not scan to tell me which ones I'm missing like other one did)..... which does not relate to the ones it is showing...

SONY site is offering me a VAIO care package for $9.97 (again read above about buying more of anything for this computer above)..... so same problem
Oh and now I know why I have problems.... for business use (its personal computer but used for business too)... the Software OEM was upgraded from Home Premium to Windows 7 Professional.. of course SONY is only offering "drivers" that function with the Home Premium version! that came with computer... they do not say if at all if these drivers will work with Windows 7 Professional.... aha , it was about a year or so ago when I lost all other free warranty help and I asked these questions before and discovered SONY does not cover this model for Windows 7 Professional (even though it can take it) so I need to install VAIO 8 which will scan for changes such as that and personalize the driver list for me... of course again, no new programs no more PO's Purchase Orders for a personal computer used for company usage...

Peanuts comic strip "sigh" goes here.....
juicy1
juicy1 | 07-08-2014 15:32
Okay, so I skimmed through that because it's just way too much to read through. Sony provides drivers for their products free. I don't know what you're clicking on but it can't be the right place. I downloaded drivers for one of their products that is way out of warranty 3 days ago and had no issue downloading. What model vaio do you have.

A site I recommend for you that is vendor agnostic is called DriverAgent. It's one that I pay for because it's that good. You download an application to your computer, it scans for drivers and then provides you with download links to what you need. It can be used across multiple computers as much as you want.

PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 07-08-2014 15:50
Thanks for the name.... I skimmed the reviews CNET and two stars from 31 reviews with many having to restore computer.... I am warned to stay away..... Some had luck most did not, so you were one of the lucky ones!
juicy1
juicy1 | 07-08-2014 15:54
Yeah, I've been using them for years. Installing an official driver doesn't kill your computer unless you do something purposely wrong. The process to install the driver update is really a double click, Next, Next, Finish. I don't see how people can screw that up.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 07-08-2014 16:42
and I have somewhere "you tube" or "news rss feeds" they have photos of drivers who did things you would not believe... and you scratch head and wonder, how can they mess it up? Car caught one bumper on a dock, one bumper on a ferry... 20 feet straight down to becoming a car-submarine!
juicy1
juicy1 | 07-08-2014 17:04
....I'm not sure if you're joking or being serious.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 07-08-2014 22:06
late reply sorry..... no this was serious--- site really had many photos of the crazy things people get themselves into by not following "instructions".... so it was in reply to your sentence about :
The process to install the driver update is really a double click, Next, Next, Finish. I don't see how people can screw that up.

juicy1
juicy1 | 07-08-2014 22:08
The drivers I'm referring to are software drivers
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 07-08-2014 22:46
Oh right... I was just word association.... showing "drivers" who don't follow instructions because we are talking/writing about drivers..... just my weird sense of humor finding a visual joke album I remembered and sharing it with you,... Still appreciate your efforts as I now know the cause of multitudes of problems with this laptop can be traced to old/bad out of date.. drivers!
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 09-08-2014 14:48
Did it work Lisa?

It did not. I kind of gave up. Thanks though.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 14-08-2014 00:33
Hey Joe! got one for ya. we have a tower here at the house...i'm using it right now. has been acting a bit weird of late. noticed that it will 'snap' every once in a while and have to hit a key to go back to the website we were on. this morning, christin said that it was on a blue screen...she reset it and it worked for about an hour, then went to the blue screen again...i'm noticing that it is taking forever to load up to the internet....
any ideas? thanks
juicy1
juicy1 | 14-08-2014 00:41
Can you capture the output of the blue screen? It can be anything from a bad driver to bad memory
CarlJ
CarlJ | 14-08-2014 00:51
if it happens again, most likely.
she said it had something to the effect of window has shutdown due to something. said to be sure all hardware/and or software had been installed, was making a cha chunking sound, a bunch of gibberish and then was doing a memory dump.......something close to that
CarlJ
CarlJ | 14-08-2014 01:45
Picture

* offtopic :
Fixed
juicy1
juicy1 | 14-08-2014 01:51
Does the rest say inpage_error? Can't tell
Joeyy
Joeyy | 14-08-2014 01:54
* offtopic :
Carl, don't bother with the "picture" button; it doesn't tend to work. Just use the [ url = http://i.imgur.com/DA9j3vM.jpg ] word to describe link [ / url ] one (without the gaps).
CarlJ
CarlJ | 14-08-2014 01:57
i love you joey...you my sister from another mister...thanks!
CarlJ
CarlJ | 14-08-2014 01:59
no joe...it does say beginning dump of physical memory
juicy1
juicy1 | 14-08-2014 02:08
At the top, where the flash is reflecting, it says "kernel_data_inpa". I can't see what the rest is because of the flash
CarlJ
CarlJ | 14-08-2014 02:12
i think that was it. christin said it did it about an hour after she restarted the computer. it did it again to me and that's when i took the pic..stupid flash. but she said she noticed that it seemed that it was trying to download adobe. i did remove adobe from the computer for now. figure i can always reload later.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: