LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

The Jewish Holidays Thread

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
elinor1
elinor1 | 04-04-2004 16:47
..well, we have so many of them, it would be a waste of space to open a new one whenever they come

so happy Passover!
hope you all enjoy your own 4 hours of suffering around the table with these relatives who insist on bringing you down, just kiding, they cant bring you down after these 4 glasses of wine well, acually this year im working so i wont be in the seder, so here are mine
151 to 161 of 161 comments
page 7 of 7
lolit
lolit | 22-04-2005 13:20
Do u eat Hametz in passover?
Venus_in_Fear
Venus_in_Fear | 22-04-2005 13:21
No... but I hate Passover, cuz I got almost nothing to eat...
What about you?
lolit
lolit | 22-04-2005 13:57
No... well, actually me and my biiig family go to do "al- haesh" on the last day of passover... and we eat pita... haha
Shira88
Shira88 | 30-11-2010 21:36
It's time to revive this thread, so:
Happy Hannukah!!

Ahhh, it's the festival of lights and it's starting today!

(I think I'm the only Israeli/Jew left in here....)
Melissa302675
Melissa302675 | 01-12-2010 01:29
ok this is going to sound racist but it kinda funny in my own little sick twisted mind

aww!!!!! all you little jews are so cute!!!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-12-2010 04:57
I'm not Jewish, but I hope you have a happier Hannukah than the rough time you've been having, Shira. Don't listen to your Mum; I'm sure your body's beautiful. We may as well enjoy the beautiful food that we're lucky enough to get .
Shira88
Shira88 | 04-12-2010 23:05
Thanks guys.
Can't say it's a good Hannukah so far in my country. I think that probably the worst.

It's 4th candle today. just half way through. Lets hope it get better.
Shira88
Shira88 | 20-01-2011 09:57
Ding ding ding!
It's time for yet another Jewish holiday!

Today is Tu Bishvat!
Tu Bishvat means the 15th day in the month of Shvat in the Jewish calander, and it is one of the weirdest holidays, because, yes yes, it's a holiday for the trees, or as it most known for "New year for the trees!"

So we celebrate with all the goods of mother nature by planting trees all over, and eat things like nuts and dried fruits (yuck), and loving nature and earth.

So happy Tu Bishvat!
Go plant a tree!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 20-01-2011 13:41
I like raisins? I hope this holiday's better than the last for you.
Shira88
Shira88 | 18-03-2011 21:16
I feel like a Jewish embassador, spreading Jewish festivity and hapinness, lol.

So today started the holiday of Purim!
Although the tradition and story behind the two are very different, this holiday is somewhat similar to the Christians' Halloween (without the trick or treating).
So we put on costumes, we exchange packages of candies and goods, and party in parades and festivals! It is actually a biblical command in this holiday to get really drunk and be happy all day (yay for us Jews).

I just finished baking the traditional food that's called Ozney Haman (it's a cookie filled with different sweet pastries liek chocolate and dates and stuff), with my 4 years old nephew who dressed as a policeman!

Go spread the joy, people.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 18-03-2011 21:19
Haha, awesome. Happy Purim? In the UK it's Red Nose Day/Comic Relief, one of our annual big charity days, with the slogan "Do something funny for money". So joy is being spread here, too .
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: