LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en
Follow 3
Add topic
Search
egg
egg | 28-10-2002 02:13
out of an ever-increasing curiosity, what bands/artists do you hate, and more importantly, WHY????

here, i'll start...

hrm....
i hate Dashboard Confessional...for one thing, i don't like the dude's voice, it gets on my nerves, and i think the lyrics are pathetic and nauseating....basically it makes me go

your turn!!!!!!!
1 to 25 of 1,363 comments
page 1 of 55
Mizz_Hahn
Mizz_Hahn | 28-10-2002 05:53
Awww. I love Dashboard. There an Emo band, I think his voice and their lyrics are perfect for that genre of music -- intense, full of pain, and sincere. But it's kool if you don't like them, everyone is entitled to their opinions.
Anita
Anita | 28-10-2002 08:40
i hate
Kylie Minouge
Britiney Spears
Cristina Aguleira
Holly Valance
uhhh
umm...
can't really remember any others
TheHappyLion
TheHappyLion | 28-10-2002 13:27
Why so many negative vibes? Why can't we all just get along?

Nah... I have to admit I would very much like to see all the boybands exposed as the fake puppets they are! >

Hugs,
-=[TheHappyLion]=-
egg
egg | 28-10-2002 14:38
don't forget the 'why'......

n why am i doin this? cuz a lot of people say they hate bands/artists...but i don't know why...
Masterful_Ally
Masterful_Ally | 28-10-2002 14:49
I hate... Linkin Park. Although their music is in the same 'genre' as a lot of stuff I like, I think they are a little bit to boybandish with all that random ballad-ish singing in the middle of songs... I also think their lyrics are kinda pretentious and over-rated. Don't shout at me it's just my opinion!!!

Ally xxx

egg
egg | 28-10-2002 16:14
*applauds*
november_rain
november_rain | 28-10-2002 18:24
i hate avril
The_Unforgiven
The_Unforgiven | 28-10-2002 18:29
i hate all the boy bands
like :
BSB
Westlife
Nsync
and that kind of bands
that can't be call MUSIC , that is MARKETING
stupot
stupot | 28-10-2002 20:46
i actually like most types of music and most bands but there is one i hate and that is craig david. cant stand him.
barefooter
barefooter | 29-10-2002 04:09
You can never go wrong hating Michael Bolton. I get a sickening feeling just writing the name - yuk. I also have no tolerance for Smashing Pumpkins - that bald dude sounds like someone stepping on a siamese cat's tail. Of course, so does Willie Nelson, but at least Willie is cool.

Most talented man in rock music today? Hands-down it's Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters.
MyNdBeNdR
MyNdBeNdR | 29-10-2002 04:17
I hate boybands and just about all pop. Most of the songs are basically the same, just reworded. Everything is about undying love or breakups, etc. I also hate the fact that pop is not a true genre. Everytime a new trend comes along, most pop groups seem to adhere to it. They can't just keep a style. If going the hip-hop route is the "in" thing, pop will be sure to follow and market it to death. Beyond the musical aspect, I hate pop's business aspect. I know that all music is created to make money. It's just a fact. A record label won't sign anyone who they feel will make them no money. But at least other forms of music and the bands/artists who make them can keep some dignity. They make music for music's sake as well as for money. Pop is all about the money and has nothing to do with music.
Nirvana_guy
Nirvana_guy | 29-10-2002 05:53
I hate:
Nsync
backstreetboys
o town
kiss
ozzy
u2
britney spears
christina agulara[that how you spell it? she was good until she made the dirty vid]

AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HATE LIKIN PARK!!!
JUST CUZ THERE'S LIKE 7 MEMBERS AND THEY'RE ALL BOYZ DOESN'T MEAN THEY'RE GAY[altho it does lead you to thik that]

AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HATE AVRIL!!! i don't really care, a lot of ppl don't like her
girlie
girlie | 29-10-2002 06:11
Guys,
I think it was quite clear that the emphasis of this thread was on the 'WHY'...just in case you didnt catch that, egg asked
WWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYY

We dont need lists of who you dont like, we want lists of reasons why you dont like them.
Lita
Lita | 29-10-2002 06:36
linkin park are great guys. I didnt like them that much but my dad brought me the DVD and I got to know them by what was on there... They're really funny guys and yeah i like some of their music.

Okay.. Hate. Well at the moment i only HATE Avril Lavigne because she's a poser and blah blah (refer to Avril Lavigne topic). I dont really hate all the boy bands. Sure, i dont like what they're doing but i dont hate them for it. Ya cant say you hate someone just for their music. I hate Avril cause of her personality. She contradicts herself continously and blah.
Masterful_Ally
Masterful_Ally | 29-10-2002 16:06
hey, I said don't shout at me! Anyway, I didn't say anything about them being gay - was that aimed at me? where did you get that from?!

Ally xxx
Masterful_Ally
Masterful_Ally | 29-10-2002 16:07
and why would you care if they were gay? It wouldn't affect their music, it would have nothing to do with it. You know alot of the people on this site seem to be
Masterful_Ally
Masterful_Ally | 29-10-2002 16:08
(oops) seem to be quite homophobic - the word 'gay' is thrown around as an insult quite a lot. If you did that around here alot of people would have a go at you and be kind angry.
burning_cloud
burning_cloud | 29-10-2002 17:30
I'd have to agree with the person who said avril lavigne, ug shes so nasty and untalented and sooooo over-rated, but i guess if that kinda stuff is what u like...
other bands who annoy me...erm...puddle of mudd, bowling for soup, new found glory. ooooh yeah and korn, slipknot and scum41
punkrock_chick
punkrock_chick | 29-10-2002 22:32
I cant stand Kylie Minogue BECAUSE shes OLD! Shes what like 40?? And the songs she sings make it look like shes trying to be 20 years younger.
At the people who dont like NFG (previous post) and Dashboard or SUM41(not scum thank you)!! WHY??!?!?!?!? Whats not to like? just because they're different than the everyday brainwashing music you hear on the radio doesnt mean they are bad Okay sorry its just a topic that "Urks" me but nothing personal to anyones opinions i guess
Masterful_Ally
Masterful_Ally | 29-10-2002 22:46
Sum 41 ARE the everyday brainwashing music you're talking about!!!!!!!!! How can you not see! Argh. They're not original, they're not unique, they're some cheap-ass shameless Blink 182 wannabe's, and really, aspiring to be Blink 182 and copying their music is really quite sad, coz they're really not all that great either. You say you're 'punkrock' chick, but Sum 41 are pure pop. No better than Britney!!!

Anyway.... rant over.

Ally xxx

BTW - I can't say I like Kylie's music, but she's 32, not 40, and you have to admit, she's gorgeous!
egg
egg | 29-10-2002 22:59
whywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!

some of you are gettin the meaning of this topic...while others obviously aren't....maybe i'll make a new thread...who do you hate and WHY!
Pandora
Pandora | 30-10-2002 00:41
Coldplay.. the guy just sounds so pitiful.. I can't listen to them.. and they get played so much.. HE makes me want to claw my eyes out..

good enough for you?

rock on!
Tabitha
Nirvana_guy
Nirvana_guy | 30-10-2002 06:43
this is why i said i hate the bands i said i hate:starting from the top of the list to the bottom.
uhh, they're gay
uhh, they're gay
uhh, they're gay
uhh, they're gay
uhh, he's tormented
uhh, he's old and high and too perky
Nirvana_guy
Nirvana_guy | 30-10-2002 06:45
i just don't like britney

and i don't like christina cuz of the dirty vid
Lita
Lita | 30-10-2002 12:24
I cannot stand Sum 41... ally has said all there needs to be said about them (thank you )
so yes, I dislike Sum 41
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: