en

Skin Health Maintenance

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
napoleonblackwe
napoleonblackwe | 08-09-2010 06:00
Hi,
I am 30 and need advice on my skin care/skin health maintenance.
I used to have acute acne problem in my teen-age years. I still have breakout sometimes. I had used almost every single thing on m face to get rid of acne. My skin has lost the smoothness. I understand I cannot make up for the past. But is there any way I can take care of it from now on. I mean so that my skin looks soft/fresh.

Also I have kind of black circle around my lip and chin. I think I have combination skin. Can you please help me with these all?
And suggest me a good skin care product with the ways to use them properly.
Thanks
2 comments
Execujetv12
Execujetv12 | 08-09-2010 07:13
When you want clear, glowing, healthy skin, there's only so much that topical products can do. Ultimately, you are what you eat, whatever you put inside your body is going to show up on the outside. Your diet can work for your skin or against it, so make sure every meal is full of skin-healthy foods, and your face will thank you. Foods such as avocados, carrots, spinach are filled with vitamin A. Antioxidant foods (drinks) such as Acai berries, green tea and black teas, blueberries, blackberries, pecans, sweet potatoes, prunes and artichokes will not only make your skin smoother but it will also make it glow! Then we have the Omega-3s such as salmon, tuna, walnuts, olive oil, and flaxseed (oil form or grounded) that aid your skin cells retain water that results in plumper, firmer and younger looking skin. Did I mention these foods help prevent not only skin cancer but any other kind of cancer? And speaking of WATER, drink LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER. Also, EXERCISE, as 30 minutes of cardio and strenght training at least 3 times a week will aid in sweating off toxic substances and radicals off your skin.

As far as products go, buy only natural organic moisturizers, serums, toners, cleansers and exfoliants as they will NOT contain chemicals that will dehydrate and damage your skin over time. They are expensive (a moisturizer will cost about 45 american dollars) but they are amazing at repairing and transforming your skin, making it look virtually flawless. For these products I recommend Saffron Rouge and Kiehls. Look them up on google if you plan to order from their site. If you live in Las Vegas there are various Kiehls boutiques there are about 7 in there. Though I highly recommend Saffron Rouge. Good Luck!

Joseph
BA in Sports Medicine
reilly21
reilly21 | 13-03-2012 16:44
Drinking lots of water & avoid Junk food for glowing, healthy skin.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: