LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

how do you say the N word?

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
fruity
fruity | 11-01-2004 17:11
ok. I'm writing this because of something that happened to me today, that reminded me that I've been on this situation on many occasions before, and never quite knew what to do.
confused?
I'll explain.
today, as usual after my instructions I went to eat launch on the central bus station of Jerusalem, which is like a lil mall. as usual (ooh I like that phrase), I was sitting alone since the other instructors were, well, still instructing. anyways, since it was crowded and there weren't any free tables anywhere, one guy came near my table, and asked if he could sit there. I said yes, elementary. well, he sat, and out of the blue he suddenly told me "bon apetit". I do not know that man. hy would he tell me "bon apetit"? my suspects began to raise. "oh ho" thought lil Neta "I'm being hit on". why the "oh ho", you ask? you'll quickly understand. as it developed, I was right. after a while of quiet sitting in front of me the guy starting talking to me. asked me where I was from in the country, where do I serve in the army, how long does a working day of mine lasts, long story short- the all bla bla bla and bli bli bli of hitting with girls. I wasn't interested to begin with. yet I cooperated. why, you ask? because I'm an idiot, that's why. this sin't the first time I give a positive feedback to guys who hit on me when I'm not the least interested in them. no, it's not because I'm an evil meano, that wants to play with the poor guys' hearts, make them feel they have a chance, and them brutally kick them to the curve. for a matter of fact, it's exactly the opposite. just because I DON'T wanna hurt them, I keep on playing positive. and, yes, I'm well aware that this is hurting them even more than just telling them from the start, because it's like pulling them with illiusions, making them believe in something that you already know is false. that's why I'm asking your help, sillies! lol
the guy eventually asked me when can we continue our talk, I told him that maaaaaaaaaybe we'll meet sometime on the station, he didn't quite get my hint, and asked me for my phone number. ooh, here's the tughy part. remember the topic of this thread? this is where the unpronouncable N word (that if you hadn't guessed it yet, it's No) comes to play. a normal sane girl, when not interested, will somehow manage to politely tell him that she's sorry, but she's not interetsed, and will charmingly fade away in her good fairy's dust. but remember who you're talking to. I'm not normal, and apparently not very sane either. you see, I started twisting in my own lies, telling him my home number was disconected (lie), my cell is broke (lie) and my army number is not forbidden to be called to (why, I think that would be a lie too! ). so, yea, eventually I made the poor guy write his phone number and give it to me. "will you call?" "I...'ll try.. you know, I told you I'm very busy and vearly have time for myself lately.." says one frightened lil Neta. did you think that's here is where the story ends? well, let me turn on the buzzer for you- EHHHHHH! wrong answer. the guy works as a security guard on the station. the same station I come to on every day of my stupid army life. the same station which is now sadly a second home to me. a security guard. which means I can't enter the station without passing through him at the enterance. now, that. my friends, is a hard one. "well, nevermind" he says "I'll see you here anyways, I work here and you said you come here every day". stupid stupid stupid!! why did I tell him that?!
ok, see? this is the typical process Neta goes through whenever someone hits on her, cuz, what can I do? most of my beaux if not all of them, I just don't like. so here comes the question, especially directed for the girls here, but if you guys over there feel like you can help, I'll be glad to hear your thoughts- what do I do/say whenever I'm being hit on by a guy whom I don't like? how would I reject him without hurting him, and without being a total b*tch? and basically, how, oh, how so you say NO??

thanks.
26 to 48 of 48 comments
page 2 of 2
andro
andro | 11-01-2004 18:26
That was pretty polite compared to what I usually say when I get sleazed over like that
fruity
fruity | 11-01-2004 18:27
lol sleased? nah, he didn't "slease" over me... I've been sleased over. I KNOW what it's like to be sleased over.
fruity
fruity | 11-01-2004 18:27
ooh forgot our lil vomitting friend.
andro
andro | 11-01-2004 18:31
I'll put together a few of my best put-down lines for you... I'll drop them into your message box as Ray would probably ban me if I posted them in public

hehehe
fruity
fruity | 11-01-2004 18:32
lol I'd love that. seeeeeeeeeeeeeee? you really ARE the human light bulb!!
andro
andro | 11-01-2004 19:04
Check your forum messages - you'll see them sitting in your inbox
fruity
fruity | 11-01-2004 19:56
lol Phil!!!! they were soooo great!!! thank you so much!
andro
andro | 11-01-2004 19:59
Glad you liked them Neta

fruity
fruity | 11-01-2004 20:01
of course I did! they're so funny! ooh my cruel mood's starting to bloom all of the sudden..
andro
andro | 11-01-2004 20:02
Be ruthless!

DeathByMonkeys
DeathByMonkeys | 11-01-2004 20:04
here's how you say it: nuh-oh.

But to be nice, you just say 'I have a lot going on, and I don't think I have time for a relationship like that."

If he keeps trying, thell him to take a long walk off a short pier and french-kiss a shark.
DeathByMonkeys
DeathByMonkeys | 11-01-2004 20:06
*tell.

I can't type today...
SupaSillyBanana
SupaSillyBanana | 11-01-2004 20:07
Neta, about the phone number, u said "they's just give it. I, for once, do not want it.", but lol, who cares if they give it to u or not, its just a way not to give out your phone number !!

* offtopic :
I sure hope the only reason why u called me "Car" was cuz i called u Fruity earlier
fruity
fruity | 11-01-2004 20:08
lol you're, like, Miss Nice, Allison! too bad you miss the nice... jk! I can't tell him that, I can't get myself into saying that, cuz than, when I'll walk off I'll always feel he's looking at me from behind, thinking to himself "what a stuck up b*tch". I know I need a reality check if I think that, but what can I do? I do!
fruity
fruity | 11-01-2004 20:09
lol why, of course, CAR!!!!
DeathByMonkeys
DeathByMonkeys | 11-01-2004 20:13
Well, I personally don't care what people think of me (which is probably why I get jumped by the Catholic congregations all the time, my broom closet has a screen door on it!) but you can think how you like!
jilly_bean
jilly_bean | 11-01-2004 22:48
I would have given him a fake number haha that would have been funny
fruity
fruity | 12-01-2004 19:54
lol yea... *cough*weirdo*cough*
Reach_4_a_star
Reach_4_a_star | 12-01-2004 20:54
Well... it's not easy to get someone away from you without hurting him... he will feel hurt anyway because his interest will be letting him away... so, just do it... the boyfriend excuse is a good one, and I've used it, and they usually dissapear really fast....

And I've given fake number too, I know it's not the right thing to do, but I couldn't help it!!!!
fruity
fruity | 12-01-2004 21:01
I don't know. i must be honest with you, I can't bear the thought of knowingly hurting someone. even if it's just a lil bit, even if it's necessary. I can't. when I reject someone, even by lying and telling him I have a boyfriend, I feel like sh*t inside, like I killed somebody. I feel like I should've at least given him the hope, and I know it's the wrong way to feel, cuz by giving him a falsy hope to hold on I actually hurt him more, at the start he didn't have much expectations yet, but after I deluded him into thinking there might be a chance, he developed some, and than when I finally get the courage to say no, I break him even more, I know all that, but yet i can't do anything about the way I feel, logic doesn't work in matters of the heart for me. this is a pattern in my case.
aflackoh6
aflackoh6 | 12-01-2004 21:01
ive given someone the number to the liquor store before when they asked for my number...
aflackoh6
aflackoh6 | 12-01-2004 21:03
then say, i'm sorry, but i just dont want/need/have time for any wort of relationship right now other than a friendship or i dot give my number out to people i dont know all that well
fruity
fruity | 13-01-2004 16:58

ugh.. I'm so lame..
yesterday I actually hide behind a wall when for a moment I thought the security guard in the enterance of the central bus station was THAT guy. I'm so the paranoidest. and today, lol, if it wasn't funny, it would've been sad. actually, I guess it already is. I came to the security guard at the enterance after a very rigorous check that he isn't THAT guy. I came to him, and as usual, showed him my soldier's ID, as all soldiers should do when they're entering the central bus station in Jerusalem. soldiers aren't being checked for their bags. I was looking down at my pocket to take out the ID, when I heared the guy telling me "Hey! what's up?". I was like "oh damn. oh very damn damn. hey, God, can I ask for a favour? can you, like, kill me right now? I'll pay you back on it sometime, I promise." I was sure it was THAT guy (do I annoy you yet? ). so I looked fearfully up at him. it wasn't him. this was just one bored-to-the-bones friendly security guide. "yea, bye" he told me as I went away giving my one stormy breath of relief.
I'm so totally lame.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: