LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en
Back to old website
Follow 0
Add topic
Search
Blair23
Blair23 | 07:52
Sometimes when it comes to love the heart and mind does not always go together. And it becomes a dilemma for each one of us whether or not we listen to our hearts or our mind. So pls comment below and let me know which one you usually follow and your brief explanation for such choice. I would really appreciate to know your opinion about it. Thanks =)
25 comments
NameOfTheWind
NameOfTheWind | 09:09
I try and follow my heart, but I always end up listening to my mind...
I want to listen to my heart, 'cause listening to my mind has gotten me nowhere.. When you listen to your heart, you listen to your desire, and when you listen to your mind you listen to your fear. That's my opinion anyway, and because I am afraid of getting hurt, I rarely listen to my heart..

I hope this wasn't too depressing..
Execujetv12
Execujetv12 | 09:17
When it comes to family I follow my heart. When it comes to relationships, I seldom follow my heart. I use my mind as it is difficult to understand what women want these days.
NameOfTheWind
NameOfTheWind | 09:20
you know, men are just hard to understand as women.. haha
Blair23
Blair23 | 09:23
OMG...i have always been that way too..always mind rules..but right now im trying to follow my heart...i hope this works out!!..good luck to me lol
Execujetv12
Execujetv12 | 09:24
I hope this wasn't too depressing..

Not at all, I feel the same way. Listening to my mind has probably prevented me from meeting the right person but I feel that often times, your heart can lead you towards the wrong direction. Towards a road full of lies and misconceptions. When it comes to building a relationship with someone you barely know you are better off finding the right balance between listening to your mind and your heart as both can give you good feedback as to when and how to make the next step. I am sure my heart will let me know when a person is definitely worth putting time and effort into.
Execujetv12
Execujetv12 | 09:25
you know, men are just hard to understand as women.. haha

No no no don't get me started! I have had countless discussions about this subject with many women! haha
Execujetv12
Execujetv12 | 09:32
Men, we always misunderstand women a lot! We always undermind their feelings...Everything is always based on what they feel...With us men, it is always about facts...who, what, when where and why! That's it! With women, it comes to how they feel..."but first he didn't understand me, i didn't want to tell my mother...but he looked away..Was it because he was cheating on me??.." Oh my god! Get to the point! lol Ok I am exagerrating but you get the point right?
Blair23
Blair23 | 09:35
I couldn't agree more with you Exe...you seemed to have it all figured out..lol.. well atleast thats how i am so i can really speak for myself...but i guess thats what makes us Women right we are just naturally drama queens
NameOfTheWind
NameOfTheWind | 09:37
Hahaha, I know what you mean. But I don't agree with you that everything is based on what we feel.. I look at facts too. Men shouldn't be afraid of showing their true feelings, sometimes it's like men don't even know what they really want..
NameOfTheWind
NameOfTheWind | 09:38
hahah drama queens.. no no no.. not me anyway
Execujetv12
Execujetv12 | 09:40
Yeah I exaggerated haha and a lot of men show their true feelings, I think I do haha Which is why I like to use my mind and not just my heart, scared that i will get hurt if I get too attached to a potential partner..
NameOfTheWind
NameOfTheWind | 09:43
yeah, but that fear is what makes all the problems in a relationship. and eventhough I think this, I still don't listen to my heart.. It seems as if the fear keeps winning..
Kumara
Kumara | 09:44
If I love him very much and see a possibility for something serious in the future, I have no reason to follow my bad temper (I mean, I try my best to control myself). I will think a lil logic about what's going on or what's our problem and try to find a logical/real way out.
Life's a reality and we what we have to do is just being realistic, my friend said.
Execujetv12
Execujetv12 | 09:45
Yeah I am not good with women haha
NameOfTheWind
NameOfTheWind | 09:46
haha, well I am not good with men.. so..
Blair23
Blair23 | 10:16
sounds like u two can hit it off...ooppsss...just a suggestion lol *winks*
JustxMe
JustxMe | 12:57
Following my heart got me no where. I hardly consider a 5 months relationship with 2 months lasting on good terms as anywhere. & following my mind complicates things as it contradicts the heart. I realized for things to go smoothly, both the heart and mind should be in sync. If that's even possible.
Dagor
Dagor | 13:30
What about following your intuition? (I call that following your belly)

Following your mind is no better that following your heart. Following your mind too much is something for control freaks. It might prevent you from making mistakes, it also prevents you from making unexpected (great) experiences. Following your heart will get you into new, unexpected situations. That might be good or bad, but you won't know that until you haven't tried these out.

If you don't want to take risks: follow your mind and be boring
If you do: follow your heart and learn to live with it that you'll be hurt as well as making great experiences. Being hurt is not so bad as it seems. We get over most things.

Normally your intuition knows what to do though. People rely not enough on that. Training your intuition is a good thing.
NameOfTheWind
NameOfTheWind | 13:32
Dagor, I like that.. following your belly that sounds good
xsazx
xsazx | 19:54
You heart always knows what's truly best
xsazx
xsazx | 19:55
* offtopic :
*your. lol
Captain_Keeta
i follow my heart
Execujetv12
Execujetv12 | 20:51
Follow your belly...Yeah I definitely do that when it comes to life overall. I only avoid that with women. I use my head with women. There are 4 things a woman must do to please his man: Give a good BJ, play with the jewels, make a good sandwhich and don't talk too much! Simple as that, there aren't 100 ways like some sexologist claim! If I see a woman won't do any of those I move on to the next!
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 20:58
It's not like a conscious decision, for me anyways.. i mean, if a girls interested or im pursuing somethin, i just go off instinct. i mean, it's like a 1 second decision, i either go with it or i dont. i dont sit there and analize the thing.. as for love, you know when you're in love.. but whats the point of coming to the realization that you are in "love" anyways? To tell your friends OMG im in love.. if someone asks you and you gotta think about it, then you aren't in love.

i definitely dont use my brain much with women, i just go with the flow and go for it. if it ends well, sweet. if it doesn't, oh well. Life is really just about the fun experiences you have so just go for it. like daniel said, we get over most things with time. and if we don't get over them, it becomes an after thought and you move on
HollehKat
HollehKat | 01:54
I listen to my head. I know it takes time to trust one another. I know it takes time to feel a real true connection... so going into relationships.. me' a being that takes things too fast and swiftly.. I know its just a joy ride. Till I am bored again. I dont go into things thinking I am in love. I will never love again for a long long time. I am 20, I am not who I am to be yet. So I dont get attached, but I pretend very well. Just so I feel like I have someone real. something that I am living for. Its in our nature to reproduce and crave sex. and thats what I do, but I write love songs as I go along. completely misleading another number, on another road. It is fun. Miss one buss, wait for fifteen minutes because another ones coming. It might not be fifteen minutes though... more like a year till you can find someone worth time. But thats why you tell yourself every word that comes outta someones mouth is a lie. whether or not they seem 100% believable. because no one is. everyone plays a game. Men are in it for A: sex B: love C: something to do. and I can take advantage of it. because im looking for A B and C. Its all really kinda f-ed up. and I know in this continuous mess I wont find B. not love. I cant call it that... more along the lines of attention. A strong bonded attention. that two share. companionship. mutual attraction. etc
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: