en
Back to old website

Happy 10th anniversary LetsSingIt!

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
Ray
Ray | 10:24
2010 is an exciting year for LetsSingIt, because LetsSingIt celebrates its 10 year anniversary! Time to look back to the early days, when only a few of us had internet access at home, Google didn't exist, Boy Band mania was at its peak and Britney Spears initiated the revival of teen pop.

The beginning

It all started back in 1997 when Ray, a 20 year old astronomy student opened his first lyrics website. Often looking for lyrics himself, he noticed there weren't a lot of good quality websites providing lyrics. Ray started 'Ray's Music site' and published some lyrics that he collected himself. To his own surprise, the website was soon receiving hundreds of daily visitors and Ray started receiving lyrics by email. The archive was expanding quickly and with 15.000 daily visitors in 1999, it was time to make some substantial changes. That's when Ray's Music Site changed to LetsSingIt in the year 2000.

From lyrics site to music site

Step by step, LetsSingIt grew and was expanded with new features. It started with the daily poll, forum and the chatroom, followed by artist biographies, pictures and news. And more recent, the music player. LetsSingIt's powerful search technology allows users to easily navigate through the site. LetsSingIt went from a plain lyrics website to a real music community where today visitors from all over the world shared their interest in music with each other.

Member community

One of LetsSingIt key strengths has always been the level of user interaction. LetsSingIt has a huge member community, reaching almost 900,000 registered members. Membership is 100% free and allows you to personalize LetsSingIt. Members can post in the forum, bookmark and comment artists, songs or albums, create their own playlists, send messages to each other, and even moderate their favorite artists.
Without these members, LetsSingIt would not be what it is now, because it has been built out of visitors' ideas and feedback.

Faces of LetsSingIt

This is what LetsSingIt looked like during the years:

1997-2000
The precursor of LetsSingIt, Ray's Music Site, which Ray started in 1997.

2000-2001
This is what LSI looked like from its start in 2000, until early 2001.

2001-2003
This was the second design for LSI, noticed the logo is still the same! This served from 2001 until early 2003.

2003-2006
No more teal, only yellow and grey. This was how the site looked like between 2003 and summer 2006.

2006-2008
In the summer of 2006 we worked on a major layout change, which is the predecessor of the current layout.

2008-today
The current website which is running since summer 2008. The logo has been refreshed and the site has been widened to current standards.

Ten years may not seem like a long time, but in internet years it is an eternity. We're proud of what we've build and it has been fun. We're thankful for all the people who helped us build it. We hope LetsSingIt will also be your number one music resource on the internet for the next 10 years!

Ray
51 to 75 of 86 comments
page 3 of 4
Ray
Ray | 13:01
Thanks guys for all the nice words!

And great to see the members from the old days drop by. How are you all guys?
benggy08
benggy08 | 15:03
awesome...time pass so quickly. Thanks and congrats
freakunleashed
I was just wondering about the past LSI layouts weeks back..since I remember the one since I started visiting it in 2002 from a school friend's suggestion in 7th grade...and guess what you fulfill that wish too...It was really nostalgic to see those past layouts...Hard work surely pays off...Your work is truly inspiring...Really happy for this achievement
twee2809
twee2809 | 18:21
congrats on 10 years anniversary !! LSI is my first and only lyrics website that I love xD I think I have been using it since...2003? keep on going well then !!! always support LSI!!!
Zezeto
Zezeto | 19:38
Happy 10th Adversary Letssingit!
You have been so Amazing and one can just look foward to another 10 more years of an amazing time with you!
mz_soulfyre_757
Congrats, Ray! Happy 10th Anniversay
bobly35
bobly35 | 22:53
Happy Anniversary Letssingit 10 wonderful years another 10 for my buddy Ray
gostampsgo
gostampsgo | 05:11
Two thumbs up to this site, and all the great work you put into it Ray!!
ronnie1
ronnie1 | 08:33
Happy 10th Anniversary Letssingit!!!
Thanks Ray
soulgirl911
soulgirl911 | 08:36
i think i've been here round the yellow time.. but i can't remember the 2001 layout so i must have been here around 2003/2004 or so. wow that a long time ago
im also very that this has been made by a dutch man ^_^ hehe

gefeliciflapsteard met de 10 jaar ray
op naar de volgende..
girliefairytale
girliefairytale | 12:46
Congratulations, Ray!
Pascha
Pascha | 16:25
Happy anniversary! This is the best site for lyrics! with no annoying adds popping up like crazy!
Pascha
Pascha | 16:27
Aaa Ik zag net dat je van Nederland bent, d8 altijd dat een Amerikaan hierachter zat
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 03:01
No annoying ads?? You sure you don't just have an ad blocker? I get a ton of annoying ads from here.
Captain_Keeta
congrats!
MarsNYC
MarsNYC | 17:26
Salvo for Ray and his LetsSingIt company!
A milestone of accomplishments!
He had a simple purpose and a dream.
Music lovers who are either deaf or hard-of-hearing really appreciate this very much! Hats off to Ray! Thank you, dear!
May he and his company grow big and strong!
Captain_Keeta
good way to put it ^
Georger77
Georger77 | 18:09
Its a great site, with awesome search tactics. I've always used this to find lyrics, an on those rarities they aren't here, I add them in! Contributions!
CookieChick
CookieChick | 22:17
wel i've surely injoyed it !
Captain_Keeta
Ray has done excellent on this website! :claps:
Danielchacal
Danielchacal | 12:35
Mis mas sinceras felicitaciones, llevo casi esos 10 años junto a ustedes es una excelente pagina y bien completa, sigan asi y que la fuerza los acompañe
Saludos desde Venezuela!!
Blondie_1989
Blondie_1989 | 14:39
Happy 10th!!!!
payami
payami | 15:31
wow! glad to be part of it..!
xyzine
xyzine | 02:57
congrats and more power!
fishmunky
fishmunky | 16:42
a decade, honestly this site has been a pretty special place for me on the vast expanse of the world wide web

it was really the first web community i joined, and i've met spoken to some great people, folks i still i consider friends whether we've met face to face or not.

i spent a lot of time here in high school and university and find that i always find myself back here no matter what

here's to 10 more boss
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: