LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

My friends are jealous...

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
funkyseaweed
funkyseaweed | 01-01-2004 14:43
HI. I'm looking for some advice. I've been going out with this guy since... Monday. I only got to know him because all my friends abandoned me in the last couple of weeks. Anyway, now I've spoken to most of them, and I tried to keep it a secret, but someone told everyone else.

My friends have had really bad reactions. Of the girls, two are jealous cos I got a guy before they did, even though they always take the p*ss out of me because no guys like me... Another girl, who is also very good friends with the guy I'm going out with, is being really evil because although she has a long term boyfriend, she thinks of me and the guy I'm going out with as Single people

As for the boys, it just gets worse. One guy is bitter and is also telling me that it won't work out cos teenage relationships never do. I just want to enjoy it while it lasts!! Another guy is depressed because he's older than me yet he's still single. It seems like people think of me as the person who is going to be single forever, because I have such bad luck with guys, and they think that if I get a guy, the world will end cos they haven't got one

And, finally, my gay male best friend is suddenly telling me that if he was straight he would be madly in love with me. And he's really jealous of the guy I'm going out with cos he gets to be closer to me in a way that he never will. And he's jealous of me for getting a guy...

So what do I do? I love my boyfriend, and I want to experience a relationship anyway... Why now? I was single for THREE YEARS and no one damn asked me out!!!!!

Any advice would be appreciated generally... thanks
7 comments
the_artist
the_artist | 01-01-2004 15:04
i cant give you any advice sorry. ive never been in that situation myself. Your friends are just jealous of you and your guy. You shouldn't let that stop you and him having a relationship. Your friends could be jealous of the time he gets to spend with you know because they may think that now your with him they won't get to see you as much. Have you talked to any of them about the way you feel?
funkyseaweed
funkyseaweed | 01-01-2004 15:06
I spoke to some of them. I think it's cos I got a guy while they're all single, that seems to be what bothers them. They're the party type, who get a little action, but don't seem to get a relationship. I tend to have a lot of friends, and a lot of pointless crushes, but I don't get invited to parties and I'm generally unlucky with relationships and action.

Oh well... I guess they'll get over it, thanks.
the_artist
the_artist | 01-01-2004 15:08
yea well hope their jealousy doesn't affect your relationshipxxxx
DaRkSiDe
DaRkSiDe | 01-01-2004 16:51
Forget what they say and do what you want!! Who cares if they are jealous, keep yourself above them, don't let what they say get to you!! I think you need some new friends!! Trust friends don't do that just because you can get a guy and they can't....

what has the world turned into?
aflackoh6
aflackoh6 | 01-01-2004 16:53
what gavin said
C4L
C4L | 01-01-2004 16:53
ditto
funkyseaweed
funkyseaweed | 01-01-2004 20:46
Thanks, Gavin.

I really love him, it's just people's reactions to us going out are... weird. But I think it'll calm down as time goes on.

Thanks for the advice everyone

* offtopic :
Yeah.. what is the world coming to?!
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: