LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Is there a way to redirect one artist's page..

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
Athena92
Athena92 | 01-02-2010 21:14
..to another? Like if both pages are for the same exact artist, but under different names? For example, I'm the moderator for both the page for "Rick Wright" and the page for "Richard Wright". The same person goes by both names, and I'm just wondering if I could make it so that the same info shows on both pages without having to enter it all in to both of them? Thanks
3 comments
Athena92
Athena92 | 01-02-2010 21:16
Never mind I just realized there's a topic for this right at the top of the page X_X. Sorry about that...
valdez
valdez | 02-02-2010 13:08
If there are two different names of the the same artist - the best way is choose one of them (generally better known among people) and continue moderating artist under that name. The second one should be deleted.

I had a similar situation. There were: OMD and Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark moderated by different LSI users. It's obvious, that it was the same group under 2 different names
Now there is OMD (Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark). One artist, under one name And that's right

* offtopic :
Having two different names of the same artist makes the database storing redundant (unnecessary) information. It makes a mess in database. Redirections make additional mess in database.
Redundancy is good for error detection & correction, but in this aspect - definitely not for database !!
Ray
Ray | 02-02-2010 15:20
There should be indeed just one map per artist. If an artist has multiple names, I'll point all these names to this map. So if you see multiple entires for one artist on LSI, drop me a line.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: