en
Try our new website!

favorite lines in a song

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
The_Kinks
The_Kinks | 00:13
well i was sitting here listening to some music when i thought of this, everyone just put your favorite lines from a song, or maybe even quotes by 'artists' or something similar...so i'll start off

Anti-Nowhere League: For You

"We laugh, but no ones laughing, we kiss, and no one cares, so we shout, and no ones listening, so we live like no one cares....(a minute later in the song)....so we cry, and now your laughing, we hate, and now you care, so we shout, and now your listening, we'll die, and you won't care"

have fun thinkin up some of your favorite lines in songs and such
1 to 25 of 32 comments
page 1 of 2
aflackoh6
aflackoh6 | 00:17
artist line - "We support free music. So go ahead, download that sh*t" -- Mike from LP

song line - "We dance in misery" -- afi, "Dancing Through Sunday"
Zacksmom
Zacksmom | 00:33
well, from the old school, Rush's lyrics in the song "Free Will" had a big impact in my life and my personal beliefs in humanity and pseudoreligion:
"You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill".

more recently, tho (and on a much lighter note), i love Blink's lyrics in "I Miss You". i never thought anything involving spiders could sound so sweet!

JoanMcBitch
JoanMcBitch | 01:08
"I like it when you slip me a roofie. I like it when my hair is poofy."
eves_sin
eves_sin | 01:13
SONG LINE
see you at the bitter end-placebo
never be ashemed of who you are. chase your dreams. take the strets and keep the peace-placebo
xcr4zyx
xcr4zyx | 01:50
Some people say im a bad influence, I say the worlds f*cked Im just adding to it--Eminem
xcr4zyx
xcr4zyx | 01:52
Oop... its People say that Im a bad influence
I say the world's already f*cked, Im just addin to it..
haha
drummer_chicka
"we were meant to live for so much more, have we lost ourselves??" - meant to live, song by switchfoot
sunshine_87
sunshine_87 | 05:50
smile empty soul- with this knife

with this knife i'll cut out the part of me, the part that cares for u. with this knife I'll cut out the heart of me, the heart that cares for u..

very good song

cow
cow | 06:23
"stacey's mom"!!!

staceys mom has gott it going on...shes all i want and i've waited for so longggg....stacey cant u see you're just not the girl for me.....although i may be wrong...im in love with stacey's mom!
pdub
pdub | 07:34
Ive been doing this for nineteen years wanna fight me fight these tears ive put in work but its all fer the kids....-DMX
Schatzi
Schatzi | 07:36
By the time I recognize this moment, this moment will be gone, but I will bend the light pretending that it somehow lingered on
sunshine_87
sunshine_87 | 07:46
simply because you can breathe, doesnt mean ur alive

rise against- black masks and gasoline
Zacksmom
Zacksmom | 17:49
1 more....
When you lose small mind
You free your life

SOAD - Aerials

SPLIFFMAN
SPLIFFMAN | 17:59
These are my favourite lyrics. The song is 'Across the Universe' by the Beatles.

Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup,
They slither wildly, as they slip away across the universe.
pools of sorrow, waves of joy are drifting in my open mind
posessing and caressing me

Jai guru deva. Om.
Nothing's gonna change my world.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes,
They call me on and on across the universe.
Thoughts meander like a restless wind inside a letter box,
They tumble blindly as they make their way across the universe

Jai guru deva. Om.
Nothing's gonna change my world.

Sounds of laughter, shades of life are ringing through my opened ears
Inciting and inviting me.
Limitless undying love, which shines around me like a million suns,
It calls me on and on across the universe

Jai guru deva. Om.
Nothing's gonna change my world,

Jai guru deva.
ravenskiss
ravenskiss | 18:00
"somethings gotta go wrong coz i'm feeling wat too damn good," it makes a perfect moto.
Amythest
Amythest | 19:00
"What good's religion, when its each other we despise?" is a good line fom Placebo's Sleeping With Ghosts

"I think we should learn to love ourselves before its made illegal"-Incubus, Warning

there's millions more, i just can't think of them now
cairowinters
cairowinters | 21:59
yeah, Incubus' Warning has song nice lyrics.

hrmmm, my fave lyrics will probably be from Five for Fighting's Superman
Rock71
Rock71 | 22:01
"Penny Royal Tea"

I'm on warm milk and laxatives
pop_is_crap
pop_is_crap | 22:12
ok well these are my favourite lines from songs

"you brighten my life like a polystyrene hat" - silverchair, without you

"distorted eyes, when everything is clearly dying" - silverchair, emotion sickness (its just the way he sings it that makes it good)

and all of ana's song by silverchair. the lyrics are great.

there are a lot more, but i'm too tired to remember them all....i'll post them later....
Rass
Rass | 22:24
Schism - Tool

"i know the peices fit 'cause i watched them fall away, no fault, none to blame, that doesn't mean i dont desire to point the finger, blame the other, watch the temple tumble over, to bring the peices back together, rediscover communication"

"i've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing, doomed to crumble unless we grow and strengthen our communication"

"cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion"

------
hmmmm yeah i have issues listing only one or two lines?

as for qoute of an artist, how bout two, from maynard

"Moshpits are so 90's, get a new dance step, i mean come on, we aren't ALL losers here right? just the ones on stage"

"hold on, i gotta say something to the security gaurd at the front of the stage, okay, now i'm not a perverted old fat man but i got to tell you, i'm finding you very attractive right now and i dont know why..."

oooh another, from the singer of Abandon Pools

"if you're going to tell us we suck at least be a little creative, you know yell something like 'my girlfriend likes you better than me' or 'your music threatens my sexuality' ya know?"

(giggles) okay i'm done now...
radiate86
radiate86 | 23:49
A lot a lot a lot a lot of lyrics by Brand New...I'll just tell you some...

Whatever poison's in this bottle will leave me broken, sore, and stiff, but it's the genie at the bottom who I'm sucking at. He owes me one last wish. So here's a present to let you know I still exist: I hope the next boy that you kiss has something terribly contagious on his lips. (It's also a good aliteration.)

I'm gonna stay eighteen forever, so we can stay like this forever. And we'll never miss a party, cause we keep them going constantly. And we'll never have to listen to anyone 'bout anything, cause it's all been done, and it's all been said. We're the coolest kids and we take what we can get.

It's only you, beautiful, or I don't want anyone. If I can choose, it's only you.

Is that what you call a getaway? Tell me what you got away with, cause I've seen more spine on jellyfish. I've seen more guts in eleven year old kids. Have another drink and drive yourself home. I hope there's ice on all the roads. And you can think of me when you forget your seatbelt, and again when your head goes through the window.

Is this the way a toy feels when it's batteries run dry? I am the watch you always wear, but you forget to wind.

If I could I would shrink myself, sink through your skin to your blood cells--remove whatever makes you hurt, but I am too weak to be your cure.

And even if her plane crashes tonight, she'll find some way to disappoint me by not burning in the wreckage, or drowning at the bottom of the sea. Jess, I still hate you, thus reserve my right to hate you. And all this empty space that you create does nothing for my flawless sense of style.

And basically all of "Okay, I Believe You..." and "Sic Transit Glory..." and "Me vs. Madonna vs. Elvis"

And also...Something Corporate-Konstantine and Blink 182-I Miss You.

I know, I went a little all out. Sorry. I'm a rather huge fan of Jesse Lacey's lyrics.
LuvDATcHEESe
LuvDATcHEESe | 23:51
watch out for my medallion my diamonds are reckless, feels like a MIDGET is hangin from my necklace----Stand Up Ludacris

that line amuses me so much hehehe
LuvDATcHEESe
LuvDATcHEESe | 00:07
o wait couple more,

tell me why am i to blame? arent we sposed to be the same? thats why i will never change this this thing thats burnin in me---- did my time-- korn

you would chase me away all while laughin, then cry bout the fact til i returned---send the pain below--- chevelle

my hopes are so high ur kiss might kill me, so wont u kiss me so i die happy?---- hands down--- dashboard confessionals

when you cried ide wipe away all of ur tears, when ude scream i would chase away all of ur fears and i held ur hand through all of these years, but you still have me---my immortal--- evanescence

have another drink and drive urself home i hope theres ice on all the roads and you can think of me when you forget ur seatbelt and again when ur head goes through the windshield---seventy times seven--- brand new

do you have the time to listen to me whine bout nothing and everything all at once?-- basket case-- green day

my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and theyre like its better than urs damn right its better than urs i could teach you but ide have to charge---milkshake---kelis

pretty much all the lyrics from linkin parks numb

The_Kinks
The_Kinks | 01:43
hmm i just thought of some more today...

"I dont wanna be a number, just like being a prisoner, i just wanna stay free, dont wanna be number three, oh i dont wanna be no, 12345678"
-Numbers-The Adicts

"i wont take all the handmedowns, and make myself smile, though i really frown, and im not gonna take it all outta town, cause once i get started i go to town, im not like everybody else, and i dont wanna walk about like everybody else, and i dont wanna live my life like everybody else, and i dont wanna say that im fine, like everybody else...cause im not like everybody else"
I'm Not Like Everybody Else-The kinks

"Have mercy on me, ive got, girl trouble... up thee ass, dont tell me no jokes, cause im not gonna laugh, and i need the cure, only one cure in this world"
girl trouble-violent femmes

thats about all i can think of right now, and whoever said pennyroyal tea "give me warm milk and laxitives" (i think thats the line) why did you post that? im just curious...
LykLucyInTheSky
Taking Back Sunday - Youre So Last Summer

"The truth...is you could slit my throat
And with my one last gasping breath
I'd apologize for bleeding on your shirt"

Good Line.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: