LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Very affectionate

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
dontlookback
dontlookback | 18-12-2003 21:43
My boyfriend, who I have been going out with for awhile, told me he loved me after like, two weeks of going out. (Note: he had just broke up with his girlfriend of 6 months maybe a month before he asked me out) Then two weeks after he told me he loved me, he broke up with me, hooked up with two different girls (one he just kissed, the other he slept with) Then he begged me to go out with him, and I didn't know about this that he did. So anyways, we are together now again, and it's been about 3.5 months.

Now he constantly tells me he loves me and he always wants to be with me. Sometimes he gets angry when I want to hang out with my other friends and not him, you know, so we can each have our space. Sometimes I feel like he's got an obsessive attraction, and not love. I don't know what to think because I feel like after two weeks you cannot know a person enough to love them, or say you do or anything like that.

Sometimes he can be overbearing. At lunch today I moved from sitting next to him and sat next to my friend to tell her something really quick. He glared at me like I had done something wrong, which I hadn't. It felt like I can only talk to him and hang out with him and be with him. I don't really know what to do or think. I've tried to talk to him about it before but he gets really upset and says I'm attacking him or something like that. When I try to explain he gets really hurt and then I feel bad because I hurt him for something I want?

If anyone has advice or something to say please let me know?
10 comments
XxNirvanaxX
XxNirvanaxX | 18-12-2003 21:45
First thing to think about:

Does he make YOU happy?
dontlookback
dontlookback | 18-12-2003 21:47
When we are having fun. You know, having fun, hanging out, messing around, I am happy. But when he gets mad at me for little things I don't know if I am happy. I like being with him but I want to be able to spend time with my other friends. I am happy for the most part I guess.
dontlookback
dontlookback | 18-12-2003 21:47
And when I say messing around I didn't mean it like that. I meant it like joking, tickling each other, and just laughing and stuff. Haha sorry.
Kickink192
Kickink192 | 18-12-2003 21:48
i think hes a jealous fool.
dontlookback
dontlookback | 18-12-2003 21:50
But what do I do about that? Haha
Kickink192
Kickink192 | 18-12-2003 21:50
well think about it this way, friends last forever.
XxNirvanaxX
XxNirvanaxX | 18-12-2003 21:50
lol, I know what you meant

Well, you need to make him listen to you. Tell him to listen to you for 5 minutes without interupting. Tell him how he makes you feel, and how he hurts you. And don't let him say anything untill you're through. That way you can make him listen without being a whiny baby.

Then, listen to what he says. If he acts like a total spoiled baby, you shouldn't be with him. He's being immature by getting upset when you try to talk to you. And ask him if he seriously loves you, or if it's not really love
dontlookback
dontlookback | 18-12-2003 22:01
I've asked him before about the love thing, and if he didn't, I don't think he would tell me. How would he know if it is jsut an obsessive attraction?
XxNirvanaxX
XxNirvanaxX | 18-12-2003 22:07
Bleh, I dunno. I know I wouldn't be with this guy though...

Guys are pooey. You learn early on.

Basically I dunno what to tell ya. You can dump him...or try to work it out.
SomeCallMeMaxx
SomeCallMeMaxx | 19-12-2003 04:31
Yay for Julie! Haha.

I've been there, done that. I was the jerk. It's not easy to admit it either. It seems he falls in and out of love too easily, even though he may feel his heart is totally into it he may just be fooling himself. Then again there's the chance that he does fall in love easily. In which case I'd be really careful to take the words "I love you" personally.

He sounds like the jealous bf type. The kind that needs your attention 24/7 and does't like sharing, even if you do it with friends. At least you can get his attention and affection, but a little too much of it is a bad thing. Just telling him to lighten up or that you need space might be taken as an insult to him. Although that is the best way to get it across that you need your space too.

He may not be over his past relationship actually. Even though it's been a few months since he was in it, different people need different amounts of time to get over something and might take a rebound too quickly, which is you. And when they get attached to a rebound they get jealous or obsessive because it's like their safety blanket and they don't want to lose it. It's almost a natural thing, which is why people talk about "rebound sex" so often, cuz it does happen. I guess in your case it might be a rebound relationship. Or not. *shrugs* Some people need a week to get over something, other needs a lot of time.

*ahem*

From a personal standpoint, he won't change easily and give you the space you want. Threatening him by breaking up might only surpress his feeling of wanting you to himself, thus causing tension for later on. I honesly wish I could tell you that it'll work out, but when it happened with me I ended up being dumped and it took a couple months for me to learn that what I did was wrong, and I shouldn't limit someone elses innocent fun just because I'm the jealous type, and that my jealousy was the reason I lost her. I had to come to terms with it myself, even though she told me why.....I just didn't want to admit it then.

Buuuut that's just me. I hope you have better luck!
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: