LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en
Follow 0
Add topic
Search
JustxMe
JustxMe | 17-12-2003 10:15
I've been getting alot of Errors lately,The box that pop up says there was a Run time Error-Do you wish to Debug? And i click No-

I've always wondered what's Debug-

I used to get this Error when i open any pop up window if i clicked on it twice-And now i get it when i open some sites,Example Letssingit-

Does anyone knows why?

Thnx
9 comments
PenguinGirly
PenguinGirly | 17-12-2003 10:19
When was the last time you defragged your harddrive?
JustxMe
JustxMe | 17-12-2003 10:20
Hmm,Maybe 2 months ago.Or a little bit much more-Why? it have something to do with it?
PenguinGirly
PenguinGirly | 17-12-2003 10:23
It could.

Another thing it could be is, have you installed any new software lately?

What it basically sounds like, to me, and I'm no computer expert, is that you have a memory allocation issue.

Another thing you could try is to alter your start-up, so that you have fewer programs open when you turn on your computer. Having fewer programs running in the background frees up memory, and therefore, allows a faster processing speed.

Windows ME in particular sucks monkey butt with memory allocation.
JustxMe
JustxMe | 17-12-2003 10:28
Hmm,So i better defragment it now-

Well yeah, i always download download and download,so i can't be sure if there is a specific program that does that.

Actually i forgot to mention,From about when i got the computer and opened the internet it gave me these,so i dont think it have anything to do with the memory,but who knows.

In the start up menu, i only have 3 programs.

I use Windows XP.
king_gorack
king_gorack | 17-12-2003 13:11
I get the same errors, especially when viewing website with javascript or something.

Debugging is where you can look over the code etc to remove the errors (bugs) thus de-bugging. Its onlt worth looking at if you realling know your programming.
baaigones
baaigones | 17-12-2003 13:33
Nothing to do with defragmentation, it's an option in XP, showing the errors on the webpage (not useful for 'normal' internetusers).

This should solve it : (in your current situation there's no [x] before 'Disable Script Debuggin')

Tools --> Internet Options --> Advanced
[x] Disable Script Debuggin
[ ] Display notification about every script error
[ ] Show friendly http error msgs
JustxMe
JustxMe | 17-12-2003 13:44
Oh,Thnx alot
JustxMe
JustxMe | 17-12-2003 13:51
One more thing,But doesn't it make browsing through the sites slower? Unless iam feeling so- it just looks like it does for me
salaam
salaam | 17-12-2003 15:03
I had this runtime error thing a lot a little time ago lol... Still sometimes....
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: